“Great atmosphere. Good food”
Review of I Carusi

I Carusi
Ranked #713 of 4,343 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Neubau
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was very lively with a homely feel. The waiters were attentive without being intrusive.
The food was very good and what you would expect from an Italian restaurant.
Certainly worth a visit

Reviewed 4 October 2012

A great selection of classic Italian dishes at reasonable prices
Pizzas were excellent with crispy thin bases. My wife had rissotto which was perfectly cooked and creamy
Recommended

Reviewed 12 September 2012

My family and I loved this place so much that we went for 3 meals in the duration of our stay in Vienna. We simply didn't want to try any other restaurant. It was located near our hotel and we happened to try it by accident. Looking for another restaurant in Kirchengasse I happened to see this and my heart settled for trying it. Boy my family should reward me for taking them there.

The staff was extremely helpful in making sure my parents' strict dietary requirements were met while not sacrificing in the quality of the food. The Pizzas are authentic and probably the best Pizzas I have had in all of Austria. The pasta was scrumptious to say the least. The freshly squeezed OJ was perfect to my taste buds.

Our waiter was the restaurant manager if I'm not mistaken, or head waiter, not sure but he was Italian and incredibly helpful and entertaining at the same time. He made sure we laughed whilst taking our order and kept checking on us to make sure things were up to standard. I would clearly recommend this place to anyone travelling to Vienna. I would most definitely go back again and again for the delicious food and great service. Kudos I Carusi courtesy a very satisfied consumer!

Reviewed 24 July 2012

The pizza was very, very good. However, the waiter was rude. Granted, it was a Friday evening, but it was early (only 2 or 3 tables were occupied). When the waiter arrived at our table, he informed us we had the table for 1 hour and no more. I thought maybe the table was reserved later. (but after an hour, only about 1/2 the restaurant's tables were filled)

The waiter took our order for a pizza and bottle of wine. Brought the wine. Later brought the pizza and was never seen again until flagged down for the check. The wine was good (though 3x the price of the pizza). The Margherita pizza was excellent. Too bad the lousy waiter ruined the evening.

PS...when walking by the restaurant about 20 minutes after we left, the table was still empty as were about 10 tables.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

This may be the best place in Vienna for real Italian pizza. Nice, modern restaurant with a big stone oven just inside the door. You can watch the cook make your pizza while you drink your wine (or maybe some Italian beer). The waiters were friendly and attentive. They made a very good Italian coffee too. Great place.