“Nice discovery”

Sky Cafe Bar Restaurant
Ranked #1,312 of 4,581 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Description: WELCOME AT SKY The SKY Bar Restaurant is located on top floor 7 of Vienna's lifestyle department store, Steffl. The dark, modern interior and the glass front offer breath-taking views of the capital's vibrant urban scenery as well as the outskirts of the city with its hills and vineyards. Enter into the Viennese spirit of taking time to enjoy the moment, chillax, savor a coffee or a cocktail on the roof terrace whilst gazing at the city skyline, amongst the penthouse rooftops, the Ferris wheel and the 'Stephansdom' - after which the STEFFL has lovingly taken its name. Feel on top of the world at the SKY Bar and Restaurant.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Actually my partner and I didn't plan to go to the Sky Bar, but as it started to rain out of the blue, we decided to shelter from the rain and we randomly picked the Steffl roof. As we saw the commercial with the Restaurant on the top of the bulding we decided to give it a chance and take a look at the menu. We liked it immediatly and I was happy to find something vegetarian to eat. I must say that Vienna is not vegetarian friendly at all, besides garlic soup, it's really difficult to find anything to eat, as most of the menus are 90% composed of meat dishes. The food came really fast and it was tasty. The music was perfect, not too loud or noisy. The view was amazing, and it was much more beautiful to see it as the rain was falling on the large glass windows. One minus it was the lemonade - which was actually a soda. Also, as we were hungry, we finished quite fast what we ordered and 5 minutes later a waiter came to ask us if we want desert,but we didn't, and after another 5 minutes, the waiter came again to ask us if "everything is ok", which I interpretated as he wanted us to leave. All in all I would come back here for the view and the relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Awesome food, drinks and view of stephensdom!!
Went there for just a drink but ended up oredering some delicious food and chilled out the rest of the afternoon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

the bar is located on the sixth floor of the mall and the view from its roof is excellent specially the cathedral .It is highly recommended to visit it once in evening time.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We went here purely for the view, which was very nice. My husband and I looked round, then we ordered for our party of 7. Drinks average, service average. Whe my daughter and her boyfriend (in their 20s) went to look at the view from the balcony the manager stopped them and told them this was a cafe. Why else did she think we had gone up there? Unwelcoming and not what I expect from Austria.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Last summer we visited this skybar in Wien. Frankly, nothing special. For that prices service was on poor level. Unfriendly and very very slow, and I expected much more professional behavior. At least cocktails were quite good.