“Good place to stay!”
Review of Shermin Apartments

Shermin Apartments
Ranked #17 of 214 Speciality Lodging in Vienna
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Very clean, comfortable and nice apartment. We stay at the Waltergasse. The location is perfect, 2 minutes walk to the underground. Located near Belvedere. The service was on high level with hospitable landlady. Thanks Sofie!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Shermin Apartments

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stayed at Shermin during my 3-month work stay in Vienna. The appartment was nice and clean, equipped with everything needed. The location and the public transport connections are amazing. Sure thing staying there next time in Vienna.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Very clean, comfortable and nice apartments. The location is perfect, 5-7 minutes walk to all main sights. The service was on high level with hospitable landlady. Next time ONLY these apartments.Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I spent 8 days in two (large) rooms flat. Kitchen was well-equipped as well as the rest of the apartment. The location was perfect for my needs, but the place is not far from the city-center (15 minutes walking). During the final week-end, my partner and my small son joined me and they kindly organized for me both a shuttle from the airport and a crib for my boy. Really kind!
The place for really clean, and the only small complaints is that I could not find any soap for showering the night I arrived.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 187147Blabla
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We recently returned home from a trip abroad and our stay in Vienna was certainly a highlight. Although the apartment was so comfortable with all the modern amenities you could ask for, and the location was perfect to access all that Vienna has to offer, the biggest bonus of all was the hospitality shown to us by Sofie, the owner. She greeted us with a warm smile, and maps to pinpoint areas of interest, transportation, etc.. We did not have a phone and she volunteered to arrange transportation when were leaving early in the morning to the bus station, as well, she made our reservations for the bus so we made sure we had a seat. Talk about going the extra mile! We will recommend these apartments to anyone we know who is traveling there and can't wait to get back there ourselves one day. All in all, a perfect stay.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

We spent 2 weeks in a large, well-equipped studio apartment on Argentinerstrasse, and have nothing but praise for the apartment, its location and--especially--our landlady Sofie. We had a ground floor apartment with a private garden where we could eat or have a drink. The bed is tucked into a windowed nook, so we had no feeling of the room being dominated by the bed. Instead, we had a large living/dining room with a good TV and free wifi. The kitchenette was fine as long as you aren't planning to do major cooking--we made coffee, toast and omelets. There is a washing machine and a drying rack which can be used in the storage room or set out on the patio--we did both. The storage room was great for getting the luggage out of sight. Nice neighbohood--several embassies within a couple of blocks. We were very close to a U-Bahn station (hint: the Taubstummengasse station is closer than the Karlsplatz station) and several tram lines. Within 2 or 3 blocks we found a grocery store, a pharmacy and several restaurants of various types. I've saved the best for last: Sofie is warm and friendly and speaks perfect English. She arranged a car service for us to and from the airport, and she met us at the apartment when we arrived. I hope you don't get sick while you are enjoying Vienna, but I did--very sick. On Day 4 of my illness, I started trying to call English speaking doctors from the US Embassy list, but I was having difficulty making my brand-new smart phone work. I finally gave up and emailed Sofie, asking "can you help?" I thought maybe she would come over and use her cell phone to call doctors for me. Instead, she and her personal physician were both at our apartment within about an hour! He spoke excellent English, figured out what was wrong with me, prescribed treatment that put me back out on the tourist path within a couple of days, and charged less than my own doctor would have charged for an office visit. As Sofie gently scolded me, I should have asked for her help much sooner. If we ever return to Vienna, we won't even consider staying anyplace else.

1  Thank Westback
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We are a retired couple, visiting Vienna especially for the Klimt exhibitions and we couldn't have chosen a more convenient place to stay. It was within walkable distance or easy access by public transport to everywhere we wanted to be, also close to shops and lots of good eating places. We stayed at Muhlgasse 15, which was a very comfortable, spacious and well equipped apartment. Sofie was extremely welcoming and friendly and was on call if we needed anything. Everything was just perfect.

Room Tip: Muhlgasse was a good choice because it wasn't too close to be bothered by the noise of the trams...