Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom
US$111
US$94
Trip.com
2,231 results
All reviewswhite roomle lofttop floorluxury roomloft restauranthermes toiletriesjean nouvelprestige suiteminimalist designnespresso machinelight switchesmodern hotelferris wheeldanube canalrooftop barcomplimentary wateramazing hotel
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel is a perfect choice for a trip to Vienna. We stayed for my birthday in Nov. My partner had paid for an upgraded room with a view of Stephansdom. We had a lovely view of the city from the room. The room takes a while to get used to. The hard floor , separate toilet e.t.c The odd way to shut the blinds before you sleep.
The service from the front desk staff was friendly and welcoming. My partner had arranged a number of treats for my birthday during the stay. The hotel delivered them with a nice touch.
On the night of my birthday we decided to book a table at the bar. This was the highlight of our stay. The bar is very cool with sweeping views of the city. The cocktails were excellent and the bar staff were quite friendly. The atmosphere at the bar had a cool vibe to it so needless to say we had a few cocktails. Cocktails were reasonably priced.
There were 2 things that the hotel can definitely improve on 1) quicker reaction to requests for example we had to phone up 2-3 times to get an iron board took over an hour to arrive. We also asked for non allergic pillows again they were very slow to arrive took over an hour.
2) The breakfast was quite poor. We didn't have breakfast included so decided on the morning of my birthday to try it out. Wish we hadn't. Very expensive for what you get and the service was terrible. I ended up having to get my own knife and fork as I was served an omelette without cutlery so I then asked for some. The manager said sure but did not arrive back with any. So I was sitting there waiting for my cutlery while my partner was eating his omelette. After a while I ended up having to take some from the table beside me. I'd expect better service from a hotel like this and for the price you pay for breakfast it was shocking service. The other days we had an excellent breakfast at cafe Diglas on fleischmarkt a 5 min walk from the hotel.
Overall an excellently located hotel with beautiful views of the city and a great bar.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view, its breathtaking.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Alexander M, Geschäftsführer at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your positive comment.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the cocktails in our bar on the top floor.
I will forward all your comments to our Ambassadors, as this is the best motivation.
I am very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during breakfast. Your comments have been forwarded to the Director of Operations in order to discuss them with the breakfast supervisor. They will take the appropriate actions for improving our breakfast service as this does not reflect our high standard of service we want offer to our guests.
I informed the Housekeeeping Manager that the delivery of the requested items took too long and she will take care of this matter.
I hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Arrived for 4 nights,5 coupls,and had the best experience we could get dealing with a hotel.
Warm welcome,quick service,great super delux rooms-large and spacy ,modern beautiful design,a great big comfort bed with great bed metres,large bathroom-with both tab and shower rainhead shower aside,Hermes products.
Great view of the city all around.free wifi.Super quick room services at all hours.
And a wouderfull roof-top resturant,with beautiful view of all around vienna where we had breakfast,which was a great thing by itself,deliciuos and above!!works also as a bar,and at night the roof changes it colours so it leaves a great impression and look.
The stuff was very freindly and helpfull for every question and allways with a smile.
And the location-super again,by foot from center.
Dont hasitate!!!best hotel!!!worth every euro paid!!!

Room Tip: delux room and above grades only!! dont miss breakfast even at extra cost.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Alexander M, Geschäftsführer at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am very happy to read that you had a “magnifique” experience in our hotel.
I will forward you kind words to all Ambassadors, as this is the best motivation and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Already from the outside one can see that this hotel is special - colorful ceilings call for attention and are especially beautiful at night. One can spend hours just observing their fanciful scenes, including some videos, all created by the Swiss artist Pipilotti Rist.

In contrast to all these colors, the elevators are rather dark; hallways are monochrome, with only a strip of colorful light. Our room was all white, very well organized, with sliding glass doors separating the room itself from the large bathroom that was furnished so as to blend with the design of the room. There was also a sliding kind of a desk next to the bath tub, very creative.

When we first arrived at the hotel, there was a problem with hot water and we were not given a room, had to wait until this technical problem was fixed - that could have been handled better by the reception staff - they all seem to be very young, more experience would help.

Breakfast brought to the room was excellent.

Bed included a very soft feather mattress which we had to remove in order to sleep better.

Did not go to the spa, but the winter garden next to it is very enjoyable.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your very positive comment.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and the design created by the star architect Jean Nouvel.
I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced upon check in. During the night, we encountered a broken hot water pipe that supplies several floors with hot water. Unfortunately, the incident held the whole day and we sincerely regret that we couldn’t offer you an alternative on your arrival.
I contacted our Front Office Manager in order to work out actions for improving our service during such a situation.
I will forward your kind words to all Ambassadors, as this is the best motivation and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

It's central. All transportation is close and availlable. Walking distance from old town. The service and stuff are super helpfull & pleasant. Modern design of the rooms. The rooms perfectly planned, very comfortable and clean. Nice landskape from the windows. Ask for old town side, but the Prater side is not bad ever. Good Restaurant and Bar on the roof, very quirky designed. The Vista from the restaurant is magnificent and worth taking breakfast there. Sofitel located in a small mall with another restaurant(El Gaucho) and several furniture and design stores.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David M
Alexander M, Geschäftsführer at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your positive comment.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the design of hotel and rooms created by Jean Nouvel.
I hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Simply the best experience my wife and I have ever had staying in a hotel. The professionalism of the staff was not only matched by their attention to detail but also their friendly demeanor. The room was of the highest quality and modernity - best night sleep I have had in years. We also fully recommend the roof-top restaurant, the food, beverage and views of the city were spectacular.

Room Tip: Corner suites are very comofortable with great space.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Alexander M, Geschäftsführer at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your outstanding comment on Trip Advisor.
I am more than happy to read that you fully enjoyed your stay with us.
It is my pleasure to forward such a positive comment to all Ambassadors, as this is the best motivation.
I hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards,