“Splendid and pampered”

Ranked #30 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Bielefeld, Germany
“Splendid and pampered”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I'm very satisfied and contented with all the services they offered in this luxury hotel in the heart of Vienna. Especially the staffs in the breakfast hall. Quick, informative and very friendly. Very recommended if you visit Vienna someday. choose your best room the view right to Stephansdom.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adriaji
Alexander M, Geschäftsführer at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your positive comment.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is my pleasure to forward your kind words to all Ambasadors and especially to our breakfast staff.
Alexander Moj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Sofitel is stylish everywhere, but in Vienna it si so modern and minimalistic! Last time I stayed there it was in an all together white room, this time it was a room in grey - even the view was grey since it was raining :-). The furnishing is modern, smart and trendy, the staff freindly and discreet. I love Sofitel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

1 Thank Ann Sofi A
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your positive comment concerning the Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom and all other Sofitels you have visited.
I am glad to read that you again enjoyed your stay with us.
Now only a black or black/white room is missing and I hope to welcome you back soon for this experience.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Dandy and trendy hotel with great view - you can see all the vienna in the window of the room. Also, being located close to the main signt seeing places, you can walk to many places including Stephandom.

Room Tip: in the room with river view, you can see main points of vienna.
2 Thank vonvoyage1982
Dear guest,
Thank you for your nice comment about the Hotel.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is my pleasure to forward your feedback to all Ambassadors.
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Arriving by car it is easy to find, excellent position on the Danube canal and just away from the tourist sightseeing groups. Wonderful white bedrooms with views. Lovely staff. Ask for canal view room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank ScarlettSurrey
Alexander M, Geschäftsführer at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is my pleasure to forward your kind words to all ambassadors as this is the best motivation.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

First the good. This was nice hotel, very clean, centrally located along the canal in Vienna, with a friendly multilingual staff.

Our premier suite was very large, including a separate half bath in the living room. However it would best be described as from a science fiction movie, or perhaps an extremely luxurious prison cell. I suppose it is a matter of taste, but my wife and I lean towards simple/modern design.. this would be better described as spartan or extreme minimalist. Solid grey concrete walls, floors and ceilings. Not a single rug or piece of artwork, making for extremely cold and uncomfortable floors to walk in in bare feet.

But what really let us down was the dining options. For a chain that presents itself as committed to healthy dining options, we were disappointed to find so few fresh vegetables to choose from and we were flat refused to be served vegetables from their late night menu. While I may understand a limited menu, to have ZERO vegetable options at this hour is inexcusable. We even asked if we could just get a plate of RAW vegetables and were told no... which was comically stupid as the salads we ordered instead came with a small scoop of fresh vegetables on top.

This is still a nice hotel. And if you don't mind walking on concrete floors or eating a vegetable rich diet you will likely enjoy it very much.

Room Tip: Definitely face south towards the canal, we had a fantastic view and good natural sunlight throughou...
1 Thank 773captain
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your comment.
I am glad to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us.
I regret the inconveniences you experienced with our dining service. We are currently in the process of changing all menus and creating a new concept, therefore your comment is very important to us.
All managers in charge have been informed about your remarks and we hope that you will be able to see the differences upon a future stay.
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel is very well placed, within a short walking distance of Stephan's Church, the Opera and the nice busy streets in the area - plenty of restaurants, cafes and shopping opportunities. The design of the hotel is indeed outstanding but maybe a bit too modern for me. The lobby is very nice but I believe the black carpet makes the life of the service staff miserable, you cannot have a clean black carpet in the lobby of a hotel! The corridors to the rooms were very dark and when I opened the door to my room I was a bit shocked, everything except for the screen of the TV was white!!! Interesting but on second day I noticed that you cannot maintain everything spotless white in a hotel room either.
The setback I encountered was the room cleaning - on 2nd day after my arrival I left the room at 07.30 and returned at 16.30 and the room was not cleaned. The cleaning lady appeared exactly when I was taking a shower and I asked her to return later. She did. On third day, I returned at 15.30, the room was not cleaned. I was taking a nap, with the No Disturb sign on, when at 14:30 hrs the Reception called to ask whether the lady can come to clean the room.... I said yes, but after 17.30 hrs. Nobody came. So the room was not cleaned for 2 of the 3 days I was there and in a complete white room this can be really noticeable... no replenishment of water, juices or coffee pads and no taking out of the garbage either....

Room Tip: Ask for the cleaning lady to come each day, preferably before afternoon.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your comment.
I am glad to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us.
I regret the inconveniences you experienced with housekeeping. Our housekeeping Manager has been informed directly in order to check the happenings, as this does not reflect our high standard of quality and service.
Besides, we are aware of the sensitive materials used and our engineering department is constantly working on finding the best care possible.
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a great hotel with very helpful staff. The view out my hotel room overlooked the St Stephansdom. The top floor bar / restaurant is a must see & experience. Close to the Danube canal to run/walk along in the morning or evening. Great casual bars along the canal as well in summer.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the St Stephansdom
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Junior Suites.