“Exceptional service”

Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom
Ranked #29 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
“Exceptional service”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Currently staying at the Sofitel Vienna, got to say that everything is exceptional. The service we received is the same as at the Ritz. Breakfast was amazing, friendly staff and amazing food and exotic fruits.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Anh68
Alexander M, Geschäftsführer at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Thank you for your positive comment about the Hotel.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us mostly because of our service.
It is my pleasure to forward your feedback to all Ambassadors, as this is the best motivation.
I hope to welcome you back soon.
Alexander Moj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Aventura, Florida
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We appreciated all of the modern design elements that make up this stunning property during our five nights stay. I will say, however, that I think it may have been too modern for me as I did not get the warm and cozy feeling that I get in hotels with carpet, drapes and upholstered chairs, etc. This is just my taste - I don't want to take anything way from the hotel. I knew before I booked the hotel what it was and wanted to try something new. If you are in to modern design, I am sure you will love the experience.

The staff was absolutely amazing. We were warmly greeted by name every time we came down to the lobby or returned from an outing. They would ask where we had been and how we enjoyed the experience and offer suggestions about other places we might like to visit or have dinner. They really made us feel like they valued our business and wanted us to get the most out of our visit to Vienna.

We had breakfast every morning in the restaurant on the top floor - don't know which was better - the views, the food or the service. Nice buffet selection and appreciate the fact that you can order from the menu if you want an omelette, pancakes, waffles or something else to order.

Room Tip: We had Room 1202 which had a nice city view that included the ferris wheel. I don't think there...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Smarkow314
Dear guest,
Thank you for your positive comment about the hotel.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us mostly because of our service even though you are not used to a modern design.
I hope to welcome you back soon.
Granite Bay, California
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked this hotel. I was not on vacation and had limited time so I wanted something fairly close to the airport as well as the city center so I could walk around and see the sights.

From the time I arrived at the hotel I knew this was going to be special. Two doormen were there to open our car doors. I explained I was planning to return the car to Hertz that night so I would have to worry about it the next day. He offered to call Hertz and have them come pick up the car for me. What a relief! The service I received from the staff was similar throughout my stay. They acknowledged me by name, wished me well, offered their services; it was incredible.

Our room was all white - a bit of a shock but very pleasant. We had amazing views of Vienna and the bed provided the best night's sleep I had had in over two weeks. It was very comfortable.

The restaurant upstairs is not to be missed! The view. The food. The service. All were incredible. Special kudos to our server, Martin and to our sommelier Matthias. They made our evening absolutely incredible!

I would rank this hotel (with its service) as one of the best I have stayed in and would highly recommend it. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Rooms are either all white, all black, or all gray. Decide in advance which color you want to live...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wayne K
Dear guest,
Thank you for your positive comment about the hotel.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is my pleasure to forward your feedback to all Ambassadors and especially to Martin and Matthias from the Le LOFT restaurant.
Thank you very much for your recommendation and I hope to welcome you back soon.
Park City, Utah
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The Sofitel in Vienna is a beautiful, modern property with breathtaking views of the city. This property boasts excellent service throughout the entire property, and a delicious breakfast buffet which includes an omelet each morning. The bell staff is great and very knowledgeable of the area. Alex assisted us with getting our luggage to and from our room, and also recommended a delicious restaurant right around the corner from the hotel. The spa is fantastic too, and the sauna overlooks Vienna and the river below. After staying at this hotel I am definitely looking forward to my next Sofitel visit.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive comment about the Hotel.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is my pleasure to forward your feedback to all Ambassadors and especially to Alexander our bellboy.
I wish you a “magnifique” stay for one of your next Sofitel visits and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The people make all the difference. From the door man to housekeeping to concierge, everyone was so hospitable and smiling. Instead of throwing alcohol in a mini bar, they stocked it up with Complimentary water and juices. We stayed in the gray room, there are only three themes, grey, black or white. It may seem like it takes a day or so so to get accustomed to this modern architectural style but then you start loving it. Rooftop restaurent is a must even if you go there for just a desert. Very close to innerstard.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Alexander M, Geschäftsführer at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, responded to this review, 26 August 2014

Thank you for your positive comment about the Hotel.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the modern style of the building created by Jean Nouvel.
It is my pleasure to forward your kind feedback to all Ambassadors, as this is the best motivation.
We hope to welcome you back soon.