“A night not to remember”
Review of Ottimo

Ottimo
Ranked #2,437 of 4,267 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Turku, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A night not to remember”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My fiancé and I decided to spend the last night of our one-week holiday in Vienna dining at Ottimo, conveniently located near our hotel. The place was almost empty when we arrived, which should have set off the alarms, but in we went. One elderly couple dining, a family having coffee and a few male customers hanging by the adjacent bar. A waitress appeared quickly enough and took our orders, a steak for me, a pasta-dish for my fiancé. Menu was in German only. Wine and food appeared quickly too, and the food was quite alright, the wine not so much, but as we were eating, we gradually turned invisible to the staff. When we were finished we discussed what dessert to have, but 20 minutes later all we wanted was to get out. The two female waitresses were so busy chatting and laughing with the male customers at the bar, about 3 meters away, that they paid no notice to us, they even walked right past us a couple of times, without even glancing at us. By this time we were the only eating customers in the entire restaurant, so forgetting us completely seems weird. I´ve never stooped low enough so sit in a restaurant snapping my fingers at the staff, but I almost wish I had. Finally my fiancé stared angrily at the bar long enough for our not too overworked waitress to notice and we ordered the check. Even as we walked past the merry ensemble at the bar, not a word by means of apology, nothing but happy chatter with the beer-swigging male customers, who all seemed to be friends rather than just customers. In a city like Vienna, where you can throw a stone in any direction and hit a great restaurant, I´m surprised a place like Ottimo is still in business.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Nicky B

London, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I have had breakfast and supper here. Had the full breakfast with omelette. It was great. The orange juice was freshly squeezed. Lovely seating area outside where you can people watch all the beautiful viennese who work in the area. Had the antipasti for supper. Again, it was great. Had one of the honey cakes for dessert. Tasty.