“wonderful !”

Ranked #405 of 4,104 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Description: Typical small Italian Osteria, with bar-style tables and max. 24 seats. We serve original Italian-Sicilian food from 11am to 10pm, Monday to Saturday. All-smoking restaurant. NO CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED.
Dublin, Ireland
“wonderful !”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I and my husband were visiting Vienna for just two days and we came across this Italian restaurant mentioned in an online site on TA. I chose a tagliata di manzo and my husband chose a dish with fish tagliatelle was really delicious!!
Overall the meal was pretty good, tipic italian wine, food and worth the price.
A small but pleasant place ....I really enjoyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Sarah G

• Korean first
New York, New York, United States
“Italian Wine Bar with Great Food”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Enzo and Salvo worked hard to make sure my visit to Bar Pronto da Salvo would be a great one. From the moment I arrived, Enzo gave me a great table with a view of the small intimate space, offered me a choice of two excellent wines to taste and served up superb classic Italian food with a modern twist. Specifically, I enjoyed Buratta Mozzarella with arugula, tomatoes, peppers and olives to start and then had a delicious thinly sliced beef with parmesan cheese as my main and finished the evening with a delicious panacotta. Each course was truly exceptional. LIving in New York City and having lived in Italy, I believe I have a strong sensibility of what makes Italian food great. Any negative reviews I believe are written by those who want a smokeless, quiet, larger traditional restaurant with a broader menu and wine list. For those who want to go to a small intimate bar like restaurant with great food, friendly Italian hospitality and good wine and grappa, Salvo's restaurant is the place! I'm returning next time I visit Vienna.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Dardanelle44
Edinburgh
“Believe me, this is excellent Italian food”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We just enjoyed perfectly cooked Seafood Tagliatelle with beautiful, delicate Sicilian White wine here. The bar/restaurant is tiny but we were made very welcome and given a taste of the Pinot Grigio we asked for along with the Sicilian wine we chose and allowed free choice. All the food was freshly made and prepared to order. The taste was superb as a result. The home-made desserts, Pannacotta & Tiramasu were the best we've tasted in a very long time. Thoroughly recommended.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank dsliase
London, United Kingdom
“authentic Italian food here”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I was surprised for the quality of food here! It was the best Italian meals I've ever had. Having been to Rome and Venice myself, I'm sure this small restaurant does serve up to the standard, actually way above standard!
I was never a fan of the meat platter but I LOVE the one they served here! (I have had terrible experiences having meat platter)
This is definitely a must if you want to take a rest from Austrian food.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Yanice C
Oakland, California
“Are you sure you want to go there?”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Let's be clear this is a bar that serves food. You have to sit at very narrow high tables on stools, there is smoke everywhere and OUR table was going to be next to the curtain that shields one from the cold and where everyone would walk in and out in January. We left and went down the street to Opheus for a great experience.

Good luck.