“Piber meets Vienna”

Ranked #6 of 104 Concerts & Shows in Vienna
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Spanish Riding School in Vienna is the only institution in the world which has practiced for more than 450 years and continues to cultivate classical equitation in the Renaissance tradition of the Haute Ecole - which can also be found on UNESCO's list of intangible cultural heritage of humanity. The performances of the horses trained by this famous equestrian school amazed audiences from all over the world.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had front row seats in the parteledge for Piber meets Vienna on the 8/7/2014. I paid forty pounds each for 2 of the best seats and would book these seats again for any performance although probably more expensive for a full performance. The performance last 1 hour. As a horse lover I had shivers through me right from the start of the show. The mares and their foals ran freely and I was given a sugar lump to feed one of the beautiful mares and was able to pet them as they put their heads over the barrier. It is a whole experience seeing and feeling the bonds and relationship of the horsemen and their beautiful horses. In the summer the stallions are on their summer break so if you want to see them and the full show, make sure that they are there when you visit. I will go back to see the full show. Remember there are various prices for other seats but if a horse lover you will not be disappointed if you purchase the best seats. You will see the expertise of the carriage drivers and riders. I would not have missed it.

1  Thank ReviewerFalkirk

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just went to see the performance today, all in all it was good. I loved the horses the reason for only average was first of all it was not really the performance we thought it would be as there were no stallions at all. Second do not get 2 row seat in Vienna it is almost impossible to see anything from the second row. The seats are not elevated at all so if there is any one in front of you most you see is the persons back. My daughter was lucky the seats in front of her was not taken but I had to sit all the way to the side to see and the lady behind us kept handing her daughter over the seat to the people next to us to get her to touch the horses. So my recommendation first of all make sure you know what they are going to show, second make sure you have seats in first row so that you can see the performance.

2  Thank Pia S
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife is an avid dressage rider and, even though the horses were on break, we had a great tour and enjoyed going here. A must for serious horse people

1  Thank rickeyfef
Reviewed 7 July 2014

these horses are amazingly beautiful. To watch them practice in a beautiful cathedral is a treat. Get ther before 9 am to get tickets, it is worth the wait

Reviewed 7 July 2014

If you decide you want to go to this 'attraction' make sure you go for the real thing! What is known as a training session is sheer waste of time and money (14 Euros per pax). You just get to see a couple of horses (not more than 4 or five at any given moment) moving around. We found it terribly boring and disappointing. When we asked what the session was supposed to be, we were told 'training' ....... There will definitely be no repeat for us, Spanish Riding School training sessions struck off our Vienna sightseeing list for good! May 2014