“Hotel is closing at the end of 2013”

Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna
Ranked #247 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Arlington, Texas
“Hotel is closing at the end of 2013”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is the epitome of shabby chic. Great location, friendly staff, great breakfast spread. But you can tell little things here and there that need attention or wasn't fixed properly in the first place. But it's closing at the end of the year for renovations, but even the staff wasn't sure if it's going to remain a Radisson or not. Guess we'll all find out in a year or so....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
PalaisManagement, General Manager at Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear vmurrow,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at our hotel. I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the service of our staff, the location of the hotel and the breakfast. As you already know the Radisson Blu Palais Hotel Vienna will be closing for renovations at the end of this year. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in an excellent location with great staff and service. Been allocated a lovely and huge room, which made our stay in vienna memorable. I work in another radisson in malta so I know the hospitality industry and this hotel exceeds all levels of 5 star service.

• Stayed September 2013
PalaisManagement, General Manager at Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear jennifermuscat1,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Palais Hotel Vienna. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Visited this beautiful city with my husband and family. The hotel is in a good location within walking distance of many of the sights. The building is lovely but unfortunately the inside let's it down. The rooms we received were small and needed refurbishing. The bed was small and made up with single sheets and duvets on a small double bed. My husband is a club Carlson member and we usually get some benefits from this but not at this hotel. The staff seemed disinterested with looking after regular Carlson club members. My daughter rang down for a double quilt which never arrived and we had to request again the next morning after an uncomfortable night. Toiletries and tea coffee making facilities were not topped up and we had to constantly ring down for supplies. Both rooms had no bath mats and when we requested one were given hand towels. Will definitely visit this lovely city again but would not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank doughtyanne
Dear 5starHartlepool,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at our hotel. We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service at any time. Please note that your valued comments have been discussed with the department heads involved and that actions have been taken in order to avoid situations like this in the future. We appreciate any constructive comment made by our guests in order to constantly improve our service and product.

Travellers are raving about these Vienna hotels

Vladivostok, Russia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I made a reservation at Radisson Blu Vienna via Booking.com. According to rate conditions, there was no pre-payment or deposit. However, my card was charged for 140 euro. I suggested it as deposit and would be balanced at checking out. I was wrong. At checking out, my card was charged for full costs. So, I was actually double charged! I have already sent 3 requets to the hotel to clarify, but still have no answer or even confirmation that my inquiry received. What a poor service of a such respectful hotel brand!

1 Thank Alexey2013873
Dear Alexey2013873,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience about your stay at our hotel. I was sad to read that you were not satisfied with the service at the hotel. Please be informed that it can take 48 hours up to 14 days for the deposit to be unblocked on your card. I am very sorry that your email has not been acknowledged until now and I would kindly ask you to forward it to guest.vienna@radissonblu.com in order for our reception team to follow up.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Being very central in Vienna (directly at the Parkring) the Radisson Blu Palais was a good choice for a recent trip. I was surprised that they offer several drinks in the minibar for free (instead of the usual free bottle of water). Also the complimentary breakfast was nice and offered some healthy choices & fruits. The local staff helped out when I had some network issues and even offered to change my room in case they wouldn't be successful.

Overall a really good experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
PalaisManagement, General Manager at Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear timmesserschmidt,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Palais Hotel Vienna. We look forward to your next stay.

Grand Cayman
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed there for 3nights and have to say we couldn't complain, we didn't really use much in the hotel accept the breakfast (what was really good) but after reading some of the posts here, I have to say we didn't found it dirty at all. Okay it needs probably a view updates, but what i understood is this hotel closing anyway.

I can only say we enjoyed our stay there in this historical building,and the service was friendly and helpfull too, specially Marie behind the reception was amazing and helped us a lot to find what we've been looking for.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear me_me44w,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to your next stay.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This was a business trip and everything went wrong from the very beginning. At first I was waiting for at least 1 hour before they got confirmation from Xpedia about the booking (I travel a lot and this happened first time in my life).

Then I got a good room but after checkout I found out I miss the wallet in my briefcase. Either I dropped it in the room in the morning and housekeeping lady took it or somebody has stolen it during the breakfast.
The rection in the reception to this was only smiling. No help, no actions. I had to leave urgently to catch the plane so they promised to do whatever possible and call me back. I then called at least 5 times to remind them, but got no any feedback. Would never recommend staying there and in any radisson blu.

1 Thank Alexander F