Hotel Konig Von Ungarn
US$111
US$94
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsatrium bartraditional roommaisonette roommozart museummozart's houseperfect locationoldest hotelcharming hotelstephen's cathedraltraditional hotela stones throwloved this hotelfour nightshuge bathroommajor sitessmall hotelfamily room
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights. The first being valentines night. I can't fault this hotel. The room was spotless, had a separate loo to bathroom. With two sinks. Huge comfy bed. Very Austrian decor. Excellent location to explore all Vienna had to offer. Night caps in the Atrium bar are a must. Very helpful reception staff. Good breakfast too hot and cold selection. Baggage taken care of by porter. And turn down service with choccie on pillow is such a lovely touch.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

PLUS: Room design and atmosphere - very cool and romantic!; Service - really good and professional. I asked for the room to be arranged romantically and they offered me some red rose petals in shape of a heart on the bed and a bottle of sparkling wine in ice in the room. Really nice
MINUS: Unfortunately, there wasn't only a big bed, there where 2 beds united - which I hate the most when I go to a Hotel [ especially a 4-5 stars Hotel that costs something ]... It's very uncomfortable! The beds and the doors where making noises... - on almost every movement and :|
Also we ate their restaurant where we served a Goose Menu : goose soup and a main course - also goose. It was really good, despite what I read about the food in the reviews here. But what i didn't really liked, it was that I asked them to arrange the table specially for Valentine's day, and they said that they will put a candle on the table and some flowers. Well, we had only a really tall rose [looked kinda' ugly actually] and a candle... But the light were too bright and there was no special atmosphere...

Room Tip: Ask before which room they have available, and if you take a double room, if you are like me and don't like 2 beds put together, make sure that you have only one big bed!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This hotel has rooms which are very comfortable with plenty of closet space and a very nice seating area. The lounge area is very bright and comfortable. Breakfasts were very good. The only problem was that the bed was too hard for me and I had to ask at least 3 times for a pad to soften the bed. Finally on the third day, a maid put a down coverlet on the bed which helped . This was the only negative.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maapar
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I first spotted Hotel Konig Von Ungarn during my first trip to Vienna 12 years ago, swore I would stay there when I returned, and finally had the true pleasure of lodging there for a single evening prior to departing Austria: it was worth the wait.

This is a grand old hotel in exceptional condition with a stunning interior atrium with bar and world-class restaurant that happens to be the ground floor below the apartment Mozart habitated when he wrote 'The Marriage of Figaro': does it get any better?

All desk attendants were very helpful and went out of their way to be of service: renovation was underway for the superior room I had reserved and the desk attendant immediately offered us a free upgrade. The suite we received was exceptionally roomy with more than spacious storage areas, a beautiful and fully equipped bath, sitting area in our room - plus a second floor that was essentially an additional apartment.

The location - about 3/4 of a block off St Stephensplatz - is literally in the heart of the city, an easy ten minute walk from the central train station, about 90 seconds to St. Stephens, ten minutes to the Opera, etc.

My wife and I had the pleasure of a late dinner after a concert, arriving about 10:45 pm to enjoy a truly fine meal including a great Bordeaux: the portions were reasonable instead of giant, and the quality and freshness was truly top notch.

Breakfast was very good: good selection, excellent quality.

Do not hesitate: if you seek 'old world charm', this is it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pauljoy
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Although not staying at this hotel and cannot comment on its other facilities, a group of 4 decided to try the restaurant for dinner as the menu outside looked very interesting.

When enquiring about a table, we were asked to wait a few minutes which was OK and we were squeezed in next to a table of 8 which was cramped so if one of our party wanted to get up, the other table had to as well. Our table was not fully laid out but we assumed this would take place when the food was served.

We ordered duck, chicken, lamb cutlets and Goulash and it took extra time as the meat was cooked fresh to order which we did not mind.

Overall, my friends liked their dishes although portions were small but my goulash was the worst I had eaten in Vienna-3 pieces of small meat and a plate full of onions and gravy for 12.50 euros and little taste

Would not recommend nor return although the staff were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Avoid the goulash
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends