“My favorite place to stay in Vienna”

Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier Wien
Ranked #101 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Sofia, Bulgaria
“My favorite place to stay in Vienna”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The whole hotel is infused with the Vienna spirit. Rooms are clean and very cozy.Location is also good – is about 15 min. walking from Stephan’s Dome. The staff is also very kind and always helpful. But the best I like about this hotel is the breakfast. They have the most reach breakfast I have ever had at a hotel. If I have to list everything they have I’ll probably need a A4 page, but I’m going only to mention that their croissants are amazing and that they have great variety of French cheese. Another thing I like is they have big umbrellas in the rooms – they really come in handy with the Vienna weather in the spring and autumn. I believe the hotel provides great value for money and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Konstantin I
Mercure_Biedermeier, Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier Wien, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Konstantin I,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Wien Grandhotel Biedermeier. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'm glad to write this review and really think the hotel & staff deserve it.
We stayed for 2 nights on the first weekend of May, which is a fully booked one, but nevertheless, we felt like all is in order, there's no pressure what so ever, and the staff was very patient and kind.
The room was spacious, elegant, cozy, quiet and clean.
The location is great, 5 minutes walk from the "Wien mitte" which is kind of a central station (there's a super quick train going there from the airport, as well as buses and other undergrounds). The hotel area is lovely as well.
In 3 words: Very good experience!
Hope to come back again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ilonakra
Mercure_Biedermeier, Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier Wien, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear "Ilonakra",

Thank you for taking the time to give such a detailed and positive review about your stay. It was a pleasure for us having you as our guest. It is a great pleasure to receive this kind of feedback, please be assured that I will share your comments with the team.

Texas
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the winter palace and all the shops. It is even within 10 minutes of a nice mall and there are plenty of restaurants available.

The rooms are not large, but they are well appointed and clean. When we arrived, we were given a room with twin beds. When we realized this and complained, they immediately gave us a room with a queen bed. We also threw out the power in our room by using the wrong adapter and they were very quick to come to the room, fix the problem and even provided us a converter that worked.

The breakfast is very good. They offer omelets made to order as well as sausages and bacon. The cold selection is also excellent and includes smoked salmon, cheeses, pastries and granola varieties.

On the grounds they have several outdoor seating areas that are perfect for enjoying the fresh breeze that flows through the area or people watching on the cobblestone streets.

This is a good hotel with excellent service and we will definitely return when we are back in Vienna.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pam W
Mercure_Biedermeier, Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier Wien, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Pam W,

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Not as central in Vienna as I was hoping but the hotel itself is a good quality, free Wifi in the rooms and breakfast was especially good. I would guess approx. 10 minutes to walk right into the heart of Vienna and from there transport connections are easily accessible. Adjoining restaurant is also good, offering good quality Austrian food.

Dear Marc S,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Positives
- Decent size room
- Location is 15 mins walk to Saint Stephens cathedral and 5 mins walk to Landstrafe Mitte train station which connects directly with the Airport. There is also a pastry shop opp Starbucks, called Josephine which serves the best desserts I have ever had
- Decent wifi connection
- Staff - They provide you with 3 day in Vienna brochure. Get that its quite handy.

Negatives
- The rooms are slightly old and tacky.
- I dont recommend this hotel for slightly elderly people as the hotel reception is not on the main street. From where the Cab will drop you off its a 100 meter walk on cobbled streets. Unless, you ask to be dropped of at an another entrance which is not so bad. So please ask the reception, if you have heavy luggage
- No fans provided - I was told they were locked away in Storage! Nor did they make any effort to get it out of the storage for me

The overall experience was OK but I may choose to stay elsewhere if I come back to Vienna

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the lift. We had a loooong walk to our room
1 Thank Prajit_N
Mercure_Biedermeier, Manager at Mercure Grand Hotel Biedermeier Wien, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Prajit N,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Wien Grandhotel Biedermeier. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed here while on business. The hotel is older but renovated, so it has some style to it, large rooms but also has modern amenities like wireless internet. The staff was friendly, beds comfortable.

I would stay here again when in Vienna, overall it was a great experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Stephen G,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Nice hotel in converted old building. Very friendly staff and good location, not far to walk to metro. Parking was a little confusing- should use parking lot address in GPS not street address. Restaurant on site was nice to not have to search for food on our first night. Got room upgrade which was great, except the bathroom had slanted ceiling in shower which made it very difficult to wash your hair with out hitting the ceiling.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Nicole A,