“Great Hotel, perfectly located and managed.”

InterContinental Wien
Ranked #76 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and absolutely loved it. The room was super clean and equiped with everything you may need. The breakfast is one of the best I ve ever seen. Lobby has a nice athmosphere in late evening with a piano music. The staff was very polite and friendly and the consierge helpful in any way. Special Thank you for the nice Birthday supprise in my mother's room :) I hope to return soon.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sunflowera
thomaslegner, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Dear Sunflowera,

A belated Happy Birthday and Thank You for spending this very special occasion at the InterContinental Vienna.

Needless to say, I was very pleased to read that your stay with us exceeded your expectations.

Our guests always rave about our wonderful breakfast and of course it is always encouraging to read that our staff was not only polite and friendly, but was also able to assist with your specific needs.

Hopefully you will return to Vienna again soon. In the meantime I would like to wish you

Весели празници (Happy Holidays)

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,049)

Reviewed 3 December 2011

Usually stay at the Stadtpark Hilton while in Vienna but due to circumstances stayed at the Intercontinental for one night. First off the locations are similar, the Hilton is more convenient for the CAT or S7 to the airport. You can walk to the Intercontinental from Wien Mitte but with luggage you may want to take the U4 to Stadtpark station which is one stop, get out towards the head of the train and the Intercontinental is right across the street.
This hotel is a very classy hotel and the service is excellent! I did rate it a 5 but if I had the option would have given it a 4 and a half. The rooms are large but the bathrooms are a little on the small side.
The club room is sized about right with great vies of Vienna, food offerings were about the same as the Hilton. The only complaint with the club room is that Wine and Beer is not served until 6:00pm while it is free-flowing at the Hilton most of the day.
Beds were comfortable the rooms clean.
Having given this hotel a 5 star I am not sure I would be back, the reason being is that I am a Platinum with Holiday Inn and a Diamond with Hilton. The Diamond perks at Hilton is much better than being a Platinum with IHG. You need to be a RA with Intercontinental for similar perks to my Diamond status.
Now if you do not have status with either chain I think I would choose the Intercontinental if pricing was similar. Hilton = more modern rooms, Intercontinental = a little more classy and traditional.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
thomaslegner, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2011

Dear PTJD01,

I was very pleased to read that during your most recent stay in Vienna you finally gave us a try. I was even more delighted that you didn’t regret this information!

Thank you for the wonderful comments related to our service, including our beautiful Club Lounge. I’m sorry that you were under the impression that wine and beer would not be available before 6 pm. In fact you can enjoy alcoholic beverages at any time, if you wish to.

Perhaps we can convince you to becoming a Royal Ambassador member in the near future. Although our Priority Club was just recently again recognized as the best loyalty program in the industry.

Thank you again for staying at the InterContinental Vienna.

Wishing you Happy Holidays and the very best for the New Year.

Reviewed 30 November 2011

We decided to pay a bit more to have the Club facility and do not regret this. A top floor, secure facility provided comfortable lounge area with constant supply of food[snacks] and drinks including hot breakfast [which was obtained by their staff via 'room service'!] don't get there too late; Service great with help for obtaining flight boarding pass on line. Lounge open in evening before dinner.

Located at one end of Stadt Park we had superb views [ask for this side] over road from metro, 50m from Ringstarsse and close to good restaurants. Opera House e.g. only 25 mins walk, 10 mins from building giving evening concerts, 15 mins from Vienna Boys Choir location.

Only one disappointment - for such a grand hotel we felt the rooms could have been slightly larger; bathrooms good but quite small.

Staff most helpful; excellent concierge services

Room Tip: Ask for view over Park, upper floors, 9 or 10
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
thomaslegner, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Dear Lizzieshrewsbury,

Thank you very much for your comments and words of praise for our employees.

Our Club Lounge is certainly one of our greatest assets. Guests who have discovered this beautiful facility always return. Everybody enjoys the fantastic views over Vienna, the quiet and relaxed atmosphere and the wonderful complimentary food and beverages.

Our convenient location makes it easy for all our guests to quickly reach every corner of the city, and the city centre is within a very short walking distance.

Wishing you Happy Holidays, hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to Vienna in 2012.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

That was my first visit in Vienna and I have chosen this Hotel. I can recommend for everyone with perfect location, friendly staff and excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
thomaslegner, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Dear james160672,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We certainly appreciate the feedback and were pleased to learn that you enjoyed the stay.

Hopefully you will return to Vienna in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Just spent two nights in the InterContinental, it was not my choice but in general I liked it. The lobby looks good, staff is polite and they serve great breakfast. My room and bath looked a bit worn out. And, guys, nowadays it is just inappropriate to charge 18 euro for Internet connection!

Dear Sunfloo,

Thank you for the feedback.

I was very sorry to read about the look of your room, especially given the fact that the rooms were only renovated recently.

We currently offer a multi-tiered Internet pricing in all guest rooms, which can be selected depending on the needs of our guests. We regularly review our pricing in order to assure that we are offering good value for the service provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Intercontinental Vienna in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2011

We spend with my wife weekend at Vienna, plan was to have relaxed weekend, shopping, dinner and relaxing so I booked also club room to have extra service. I asked transport advance from hotel and mercedes was waiting, it costed 10 euro more than taxi which we used when came back to airport.
Arrival to hotel wasnt so great, our driver called that we are coming, I have Platinium ambassador and reserved club room, but guy front of hotel took our luggage, drop middle of lobby and I waited while priority check-in, but took very long, then oter recepcionist took me and we waited, waited computer, then I told that I have club room , then she gave a key and told that check-in is upstars at club lounge... its still open to me who the driver called and why there is 2-3 gus standing front of hotel but left us with luggage, but check-in went nicely at club lounge and got nice small room, nice bed, lounge has nice view, location is nice, most of shopping andf time was nice, only weather was too cold and timing for trip wasnt great, christmas market wasnt yet there. for saturday we booked restaurant Puerstner, that was dissapointment, lot of people and looked popular and Austrian style, but we didnt have table as booked, only with limited time and service was very rush, when started, we waited over 30 minutes until we could make order, no drin k, no water anything just sitting ans looking waitress sunning around and people trying get in, too popular, food came fast and also taste like that, made in fast way, we paid and runout out as fast as possible.
About Hotel and breakfast, that is great buffet, excellent service from older guy and other staff, had nice porridge made just for me, same with omelet, all other food and juice etc was also very good, excellent breakfast and service, thanks.
And special thanks also Polish girl at club lounge, she made us alwasy very welcome, shame that didnt catch name, club lounge is nice extra, I had few cognac after not so nice dinner, at lobby bar it would cost 100 euro at least, but had good night sleep :)
Sunday had nice walk at stadpark, very beautiful place, swan, ducks, nice for walk, otherwise Vienna is beautiful place, next time come with better weather or Christmas market.
But surely come back again also Intercontinental, then we know not to queu at lobby when booked club room and ask guys to carry luggage at the end :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
thomaslegner, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear Jimmy2712,

Greetings to Lihti in beautiful Finland!

Thank you for your candid feedback. Please except my sincere apologies for the less than stellar arrival experience. You should have been greeted upon arrival and whisked straight up to the Club Lounge for an expedited check-in. I have asked the team to review this breakdown of our service standards.

On a much more positive note, I was happy to read that your overall experience was very good, especially the wonderful service that our staff provided, both in the restaurant and in the Club Lounge. It will be my pleasure to personally thank these dedicated employees.

You should definitely return to Vienna when the weather is a bit more favorable or, as you mentioned, in December when the beautiful Christmas markets are open and the wonderful Christmas lighting brighten the city streets. It is really quite magical.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

It is hard to overstate the luxury of this hotel. Wonderful service, great location, exceptional rooms. The bar has over 100 single malt whiskeys. The breakfast buffet was good. I was surprised, however, to have to wait in line 15 minutes to check out; it was "rush hour" where many were trying to check in as well as check out. But in a hotel of this class, you expect this to be planned for and avoided. Nonetheless, an exceptional hotel with exceptional service in an exceptional city.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
thomaslegner, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Dear sc43,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I was obviously delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, despite the wait that you experienced at check-out. This would certainly be an exception, rather than the norm.

Besides our friendly and warm service, we are also very proud of our famous Intermezzo Bar and its great selection of whiskies from around the world. I hope you had the time to sample a few, perhaps combined with some fresh oysters or some of the other classic bar food on offer.

Thank you once again for your feedback, we hope to welcome back to the InterContinental Vienna very soon.