InterContinental Wien
US$185
US$171
  • Room Service
2,144 results
All reviewsthe club loungeice rinkihg membercity parklobby bardirectly across the streetmetro stationdeluxe rooman upgradebeautiful cityper daybreakfast buffet isthe air conditioningcomfortable hotelcentral locationon footopera house
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We booked the hotel for one night stay and was told by the staff that the breakfast starts from 6:30 am. While it was my fault for assuming that the hotel stay had included breakfast, I did not expect to get charged for 60 euros for a very average breakfast for two people. Other boutique hotels in the area offer a better value for the money that you spend.

• Stayed: January 2012
thomaslegner, General Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Dear Ny4nae,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast buffet, which is generally considered to be among the best in the city.

May I suggest that you consider one of our Club Lounge rooms for your next stay, which includes access to our Club Lounge, as well as a complimentary breakfast.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Stayed at the IC Vienna in December and had a great experience. Everything went smoothly from check-in to check-out. I was upgraded to a junior suite which was spacious, clean and overlooked the skating rink. The bathroom was well equipped and the in-room wifi worked well. The service was top notch. I asked for a corkscrew opener and it was delivered to my room in under 5 minutes. Housekeeping did a great job of cleaning the room and making sure adequate supplies were available. Since it was my first visit to Vienna with the Christmas markets open, we really didn't get to spend more time at the hotel.

The location is just across the street from the U-Bahn station and is just one stop away from the express train to the airport and main train station. The hotel is within walking distance from the major sites.

As a welcome gift, I received Heindl Johann Strauss chocolates which were so good I had to buy some to bring back home and share with family. I probably wouldn't have known about this brand had I not stayed here.

Lastly, I would like to recognize the front office manager for quickly and efficiently resolving a minor billing error. My email was replied to the same day and the corrected charges showed up on my credit card 3 days later.

Hope to return to Vienna next December and if I do, I would definitely return to the Intercontinental.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
thomaslegner, General Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Dear ISPpilot,

Thank you for your posting on Tripadvisor! As a Senior Contributor, your feedback is especially important and valuable to us.

It will be my pleasure to share your praise with the entire team. I was especially happy to hear that our Front Office Manager was able to resolve your minor billing issue quickly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vienna next December. We will stock up on the Heindl Johann Strauss chocolates!

Until then, we would like to wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I stayed at Intecontinental Vienna hotel in December 2011. The stay was lovely. Great location and professional employees made my stay much better. The hotel is located in hard of the city. Great Location. I will suggested this hotel for business and holiday travellers. The only disadvantage of this hotel is size of the bathrooms. Too small.

Room Tip: Room on the higher floor facing to the park opposite of hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Miro N,

Thank you for staying at the InterContinental Vienna.

I was of course very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, including the location and especially our wonderful staff.

For your next stay with us you may want to try out our Studio or Junior Suites; they come with many lovely features, including larger bathrooms.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Fabulous location to walk the city, catch the tour bus or ride the underground. Friendly staff, great food, beautiful rooms and overall a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear gaterp,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your impressions.

You said it all, hopefully we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel in Novembr for 1 night, for business. We had a big conference there and the staff did everything to keep it all running smoothly.
Breakfast and lunch was good and plenty and the rooms were big and clean.

Only downside: WiFi was not free, but cost 18 euros per day. Not really a good service from such a good and big hotel!?

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear IreneAmsterdam,

Thank you very much for your brief feedback.

Glad to hear that all went well during your conference and that you enjoyed the hotel and all our services.

Hopefully your next stay with us will be a bit longer.