“Good place”

InterContinental Wien
Ranked #71 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Very good place, kind staff and good breakfast but the room was cold

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank rey m
Write a ReviewReviews (2,079)

Reviewed 19 January 2012

In cities like Vienna you have plenty of choice. Whenever I go I choose to stay at the IC. The location is good, well accessible by road or public transport, the staff at the reception and the restaurants are good and there is a great gym. The rooms are good though nothing special. Although the wireless works very well I would suggest hotels like IC to make this free of charge. The breakfast has plenty of choice. Compared to some other hotels the gym is outstanding with sufficient choice and variety.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
thomaslegner, General Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Dear Travel12370,

Thank you for your concise review.

I particularly appreciate you mentioning our wonderful Quo Vadis gym, which is appreciated by many of our guests. Of course, during the warmer time of the year one can also go for a leisurely jog in beautiful Stadtpark (city park), which is just across from the hotel.

Continued safe travels; we hope to see you back in 2012.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

The IC Wien is not that attractive a building when approaching from the street. However, based on a November trip that took me from Vienna to Budapest to Prague and back to Vienna, where I used the ICs in all three cities, the IC Wien was without doubt the leader of the pack. My check-in was as professional as I have ever received. I arrived early in the morning from Dubai, and the night manager handled my check-in. If offered to upgrade to the Club Floor, I strongly recommend it. The club staff was superlative and helpful at every turn. The food and drink available left nothing to be desired, and the view from the Club Floor is memorable. The room was large and very comfortable. There were no problems with the room, the linens were excellent, the bed comfortable, and also had an excellent view. The concierge and porter were also superlative. Whether it is your first trip to Vienna or if you visit regularly, I recommend using the concierge to find out what is available to see or for tours. I used the concierge desk several times and received the information I needed. This IC also has an excellent gym and spa. The restaurant at the hotel was also a very pleasant surprise with well prepared food and a good place to convince doubters of the quality of Austrian red wines. I look forward to my next trip, and more than not will use this IC as my “base” to explore the other cities of what was Austria-Hungary.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We booked the hotel for one night stay and was told by the staff that the breakfast starts from 6:30 am. While it was my fault for assuming that the hotel stay had included breakfast, I did not expect to get charged for 60 euros for a very average breakfast for two people. Other boutique hotels in the area offer a better value for the money that you spend.

• Stayed: January 2012
thomaslegner, General Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Dear Ny4nae,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast buffet, which is generally considered to be among the best in the city.

May I suggest that you consider one of our Club Lounge rooms for your next stay, which includes access to our Club Lounge, as well as a complimentary breakfast.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Stayed at the IC Vienna in December and had a great experience. Everything went smoothly from check-in to check-out. I was upgraded to a junior suite which was spacious, clean and overlooked the skating rink. The bathroom was well equipped and the in-room wifi worked well. The service was top notch. I asked for a corkscrew opener and it was delivered to my room in under 5 minutes. Housekeeping did a great job of cleaning the room and making sure adequate supplies were available. Since it was my first visit to Vienna with the Christmas markets open, we really didn't get to spend more time at the hotel.

The location is just across the street from the U-Bahn station and is just one stop away from the express train to the airport and main train station. The hotel is within walking distance from the major sites.

As a welcome gift, I received Heindl Johann Strauss chocolates which were so good I had to buy some to bring back home and share with family. I probably wouldn't have known about this brand had I not stayed here.

Lastly, I would like to recognize the front office manager for quickly and efficiently resolving a minor billing error. My email was replied to the same day and the corrected charges showed up on my credit card 3 days later.

Hope to return to Vienna next December and if I do, I would definitely return to the Intercontinental.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
thomaslegner, General Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Dear ISPpilot,

Thank you for your posting on Tripadvisor! As a Senior Contributor, your feedback is especially important and valuable to us.

It will be my pleasure to share your praise with the entire team. I was especially happy to hear that our Front Office Manager was able to resolve your minor billing issue quickly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vienna next December. We will stock up on the Heindl Johann Strauss chocolates!

Until then, we would like to wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I stayed at Intecontinental Vienna hotel in December 2011. The stay was lovely. Great location and professional employees made my stay much better. The hotel is located in hard of the city. Great Location. I will suggested this hotel for business and holiday travellers. The only disadvantage of this hotel is size of the bathrooms. Too small.

Room Tip: Room on the higher floor facing to the park opposite of hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Miro N,

Thank you for staying at the InterContinental Vienna.

I was of course very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, including the location and especially our wonderful staff.

For your next stay with us you may want to try out our Studio or Junior Suites; they come with many lovely features, including larger bathrooms.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Fabulous location to walk the city, catch the tour bus or ride the underground. Friendly staff, great food, beautiful rooms and overall a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear gaterp,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your impressions.

You said it all, hopefully we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.