I recently stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel in Vienna as part of a vacation. The hotel itself is nicely located within a 10-15 minute walk of St. Stephen's Cathedral. The room we had at the hotel was very, very nice, however I felt the service at the hotel was lacking. Upon arrival (about noon) our room was not ready. I could understand this and when I later returned to check in, we had been put on the 12th floor (Intercontinental Club level). However, when my husband tried to get into the 12th floor lounge to ask for help from the concierge in obtaining his seat assignment on Austrian Airlines, he was told that although we were placed on that floor, we were not allowed access to the Club. In order to get help with what he needed, he then had to go down to the Concierge desk in the lobby where the Concierge proceeded to tell him that he'd have to go to the business center. My husband was left with a computer where he had to try to figure out German and obtain the seat assignment himself. In addition, I had tried to call for a replacement for the room iron which was not working and I needed to call back to the front desk again a half an hour later to request the iron. Overall, I felt that the hotel itself was very nice, but that service left a bit to be desired. It felt like a big hotel with no focus on the customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the centre of Vienna, the deluxe hotel is the ideal starting point from which to explore this fascinating city. International atmosphere and Viennese tradition together with personalized service present the perfect harmony for a pleasant stay.459 guestrooms including 3 club floors and 49 suites boast every comfort of a de deluxe property. A restaurant, bar and café as well as 24-hour fitness centre and room service, garage, hair-dresser and souvenir shop round up the hotel’s facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Wien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Wien Hotel Vienna
- Intercontinental Hotel Vienna
- Intercontinental Hotel Wien