“Intercontinental Vienna”

InterContinental Wien
Ranked #74 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel in Vienna as part of a vacation. The hotel itself is nicely located within a 10-15 minute walk of St. Stephen's Cathedral. The room we had at the hotel was very, very nice, however I felt the service at the hotel was lacking. Upon arrival (about noon) our room was not ready. I could understand this and when I later returned to check in, we had been put on the 12th floor (Intercontinental Club level). However, when my husband tried to get into the 12th floor lounge to ask for help from the concierge in obtaining his seat assignment on Austrian Airlines, he was told that although we were placed on that floor, we were not allowed access to the Club. In order to get help with what he needed, he then had to go down to the Concierge desk in the lobby where the Concierge proceeded to tell him that he'd have to go to the business center. My husband was left with a computer where he had to try to figure out German and obtain the seat assignment himself. In addition, I had tried to call for a replacement for the room iron which was not working and I needed to call back to the front desk again a half an hour later to request the iron. Overall, I felt that the hotel itself was very nice, but that service left a bit to be desired. It felt like a big hotel with no focus on the customer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Anthony D, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Julie N ,

thank you very much for your review which is very much appreciated.
The feedback of our guest are very important to us and it helps us to improve our service quality.

First and foremost I would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.
It shouldn't be an issue to help with your boarding and I'm really sorry to read that we weren't able to support you in an appropriate way.

I will of course share your feedback with the team

Please accept my sincere apology and I really do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is a nice, clean hotel. It is luxury but generic. Rooms are not that big, small bathroom. The lobby is very nice, with large bar. We ate one night at the bar and it was good. They had wonderful oysters that night. Breakfast had lots of choices, everything from Miso soup to French toast. The hotel was close to most of the attractions via the hop on hop off tours. The spa was an adventure. My friend and I booked massages and our massuser was very young and inexperienced, so be beware.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lukerlou
Anthony D, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Lukerlou,

thank you very much for your review which is very much appreciated.
The feedback of our guest is really important to us in order to improve our service.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed our breakfast choices and our Bar.
Indeed our Hotel is located very well and most of the sights are in walking distance.
I'm really sorry for the inconvinience regarding your massage - I will of course get back to the team to share your experience.
I really do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed for three nights - we were most disappointed!

The hotel was on the edge of the city centre and it would have been a fifteen minute walk to the centre.

The rooms were old and outdated in style with with showers in the baths. The furnishing of the room was most average. They need a good interior decorator.

Room Tip: If you like modern amenities, look for hotels with a separate shower.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Anthony D, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Merie L ,

thank you very much for your review, the feedback of our guest is really important to us and it's most appreciated.
We are very sorry to read that you didn't enjoyed your stay with us and you didn't like the interior of our rooms.
Indeed our hotel is not in the city centre however most sights are in walking distance and easy to reach.
I really do hope that we are going to have the chance of welcoming you back

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed here for a week on business and the hotel was great for this purpose although there seemed to be many people on vacation there that were equally enjoying themselves. Clean, tidy, good rooms and staff. No complaints! Near enough to the main areas for restaurants and a bit of sight seeing.

Room Tip: I would go for 3rd floor or above
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Anthony D, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear 2pence,

thank you very much for your nice review which is really much appreciated.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you highlighted our rooms and staff.
We really do hope that we will have the oportunity of welcoming you back

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Booked this hotel for a one-day stopover with a goal to be near the city. It was comfortable, within easy walk of many things to do, and plenty close to the U bahn as well.

Friendly staff at checkin and in the lounge, and great views from the top-floor lounge also.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear idonotlikeliver,

thank you very much for your kind review.
The feedback of our guest is really important to us and your kind words are very much appreciated.
Indeed our Club Lounge has a lovely view over the city and plenty of guests enjoyed this during a drink or two
We really do hope that we will have the oportunity of welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is nice hotel in downtown, next door to Stadtpark - 20 mins on CAT or taxi from Vienna airport.
Not the chipest one but still good value for money. Nice, clean rooms, very helpfull and cheerfull staff. No any complains from my side on service quality.
The hotel is big enouth and at breakfast time it might be crowded.
Buffet breakfast with very good variaties of any kind of food - from soup to water melons.
Breakfast in the club lounge is much more limited, but much less people and very nice view from 12th floor.
Very nice gym with helpfull trainers and good hardware - one of the best so far.
If you'd like to touch memories of "old good times" for a reasonable price - please come to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Anthony D, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Igorek456,

thank you very much for your nice review, your feedback is very much appreciated.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I really do hope that we will have the possibility of welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great location. Slow check in with no apology from staff. Rooms fair,y comfortable but air conditioning very noisy–think cheap Caribbean hotels- and why oh why oh why (my pet hate) put two single duvets folded so that I have to make up the bed on a comfortable double base and am constantly woken up as the small cover falls off me. Ruins a potentially great nights sleep.

Could be great. Actually on,y average

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear GlendaK345,

thank you very much for your review, your feedback is very much appreciated.
First and foremost I would like to appologize for the inconvenience during your stay.
I will of course share your experience with my team.
I hope that you will have the chance to visit Vienna and the hotel again so that we can be able to show you that we can do better.

Kind Regards