“Good location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #75 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
Moscow, Russia
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I liked the location. Rooms seemed to be bit old but clean. Breakfast was messy it looked like they didn't have enough staff to cover rush hour. Very expensive a'la carte restaurant but it's a 5 star so you should expect that level of prices. Overall nothing to complain about.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Anthony D, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Andrey G,

thank you so much for your kind review, which is very much appreciated.
The location of the hotel is indeed one of our advantages and we were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am very sorry to learn that you did not enjoy the breakfast and I have already shared your feedback with our F&B Team.
I really do hope that we will have the chance of welcoming you back and I hope that you can accept my apology.
In the meantime I wish you all the best and a lovely summer.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I get a contradictory impression of my stay. On the one hand, comfortable and spacious room, nice atmosphere, and delicious snacks in the lounge on the club floor, free morning coffee on the ground floor. On the other hand, the lack of attention to details, that create a sense of hospitality and a desire to return again. Thus, at check-in I got a welcome letter with the privileges, while the letter did not specify my name. The same letter with my name put under the door of my room after 9 p.m. In mini bar of my room I found half eaten chocolate, so the saff didn't check the room before check-in new guests. At check-in I got 2 electronic room keys, and one of them did not work. When I went to the front desk and asked to replace one key, the employee - the same, who greeted and checked me in two hours earlier, asked for my ID. When I said, that I do not have ID with me, the employee asked my date of birth. In principle, nothing awfull, security measures, but I can't understand, how the employee can forget the guest, who was checked-in 2 hours earlier and welcomed as a Platinum Ambassador member. On the day of departure in my room wifi, phone and tv stopped working - any repairs carried out. I couldn't call guest service and find out, what was happenning, because the local phone didn't work, so I had to down and ask to resolve these problems. Another negative impression of my stay was the fact, that when I entered the parking of the hotel, the price per night was 32 euros. At the front desk when I paied my bill, they charged me 35 euros. I was surprised, but did not raise this issue. When I was leaving the parking, the staff changed the sign with the price 32 euros into 35 euros. It would be logical to apply the new price to the customers after notification, and not to extend it to those, who began to use this service on the previous price. And finally, the hotel exterior is not very attractive. Unlike the beautiful architecture of Vienna, the hotel’s building looks like a «set of false teeth». Overall, I would not recommend this hotel as a place, where should to stay in Vienna and is unlikely to stay here again.

Room Tip: Club room is the best choice.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Anthony D, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear bunechca,

thank you so much for your review, which is very much appreciated.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the challenges that you experienced as that is certainly not indicative of the level of service that we pride ourselves on.
We already made follow up with the specific departments in order to improve this kind of service.
The safety and security of our guests is our utmost concern and we follow very
strict InterContinental standards and procedures, therefore we need to ask for an ID.
Dear bunechca - again I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and I really do hope that we will have the chance of welcoming you back.
In the meantime I wish you all the best and a lovely summer.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I enjoyed this hotel for business. Spacious rooms, free wifi, great food, lovely service and a beautiful bar and lobby area. Concierges doing whatever they can to please and all staff has a great attitude. My only complaint... I was on a floor with what seemed to be a lot of tour groups so each morning at 6am I'd wake up when they opened all of their doors to go on tour....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Dear Cindi D,

thank you very much for staying with InterContinental Vienna and of course thank you so much for your wonderful review.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and your kind comments are a big motivation to all of us.
I was certainly very disappointed to learn that your stay was marred by noise and I'm really sorry about that.
I really do hope that we will have the chance of welcoming you back soon.
In the meantime I wish you all the best and a wonderful summer

Morelia, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

In simple words it was an absolutely wonderful experience. Stayed five days at this gorgeous property and I must say it was beyond my IHG member expectations. Do not get me wrong, as a loyal customer of this hotel brand the moment I step in I always expect the best of the best. Nevertheless, Vienna Intercontinental Hotel has a classic flavour thai can not be missed! From the warming reception (immediately acknowledging my ambassador status) to the spectacular city and Stadt Park views to the very chic club suite I was assigned to the breakfast at both the Club Lounge and the MeditarreNeo Restaurant, everything was perfect. Particularly it is to be emphasized the staff caring to guest's needs, no matter how insignificant. I had a very pleasent staying and would definitvely recommend the hotel. My deepest congratulations!

Room Tip: If available choose suites in the Club floor. They are gorgeous and have lots of space.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank emroao
Dear emroao,

thank you so much for your wonderful review, which is very much appreciated.
The feedback of our guest are very important to us, especially from our loyal Ambassador Members, as you are.
We were delighted to read your kind words about your stay and we will of course share this with the team.
Your shared experience is a big motivation to all of us.
I really do hope that we will have the chance of welcoming you back.
In the meantime we wish you all the best and a lovely summer.

Berkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We'd read some reviews that said this was a tired building with the hotel in need of refurbishment. Not so at all. In Europe, the Intercontinental Prague sets the standard, in my opinion. I've a couple more to visit so that view may change - but for now, it stands. The ICH Vienna is just about up there with its Prague sibling and perhaps even ahead from a certain perspective.

The hotel is directly opposite the U4 underground station which serves the Airport CAT interchange as well as the high brow shopping area in Kaerntner Strasse; bo th of these places are a short walk away - except in the rain!

We didn't get the opportunity of eating in the restaurant, but we ate twice in the café. They had a decent range of Viennese hot dishes and we could see that they were individually cooked Absolutely first class food and service.

One of the reasons that we never used the restaurant was that, being four persons in two room for two nights, and breakfast at around €40 each. So a room pass to the Club Lounge at €80 per room was a no brainer. Happy our; wal to wall Schlumberger Brut Sekt (top class bubbly); hot food; finger food etc.

The rooms were excellent; the plumbing worked; the WiFi worked everywhere. A special mention should be made of Ahmed and his concierge colleagues. They were a cheerful and helpful crew.

Top class.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Suspishio
Anthony D, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Suspishio,

thank you so much for your lovely words and your kind review - it is very much appreciated.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The location of the hotel is indeed one of our advantages and we will pass your kind words to Ahmed.
I really do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon and in the meantime we wish you all the best and a lovely summer

Indialantic, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel is conveniently located adjacent to the metro and the park. The concierges Christian and Thomas are extremely knowledgeable and accommodating. The rooms are clean and well appointed.
I am happy to have been in residence at the Intercontinental Vienna.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Laura P
Anthony D, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Laura P,

thank you so much for sharing your experience with InterContinental Vienna.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, your kind words are very much appreciated.
I will of course share your lovely review with the team, this is a big motivation to all of us.
Our concierges are indeed very knowledgeable and we are very proud of this.
I really do hope that we will have the chance of welcoming you back soon.
In the meantime I wish you all the best and a lovely summer

Director of Room
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel three times already and every time is a very consistent service delivered. Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Nice gym but very small stream room. good location with woking distance to the main street.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Anthony D, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Henrique S,

thank you so much for your kind review, which is very much appreciated.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stays with us and I am more than happy to share your lovely review with the team.
This is a big motivation to all of us and we really do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
In the meantime we wish you all the best and a lovely summer

With kind regards from Vienna