“Great and Clean. Exceeded our expectations”

Kaiser 23 Ho(s)tel & Guesthouse
Ranked #7 of 194 Speciality Lodging in Vienna
“Great and Clean. Exceeded our expectations”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is Incredible value. The hotel is very close to Westbahnhof station and very pleasant walk to town centre.
The hostel is brilliant!!! We had a sink inside our room, the room was spacious with a desk. The bed was comfortable. Also, we had robes for showers. The showers and toilets were very clean. The whole place was spotlessly clean and smell good. I had good wifi in my room, not problem at all.
The staff very friendly and helpful, they let me use their printer to get my boarding passes for my flights with not charge.
Overall it was really enjoyable, great location to see the city and totally affordable. Definitely, I would stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here.

The staff were friendly, the room was well appointed and serviced. Would stay here again happily.

The location is convenient, being located close to Westbanhof and all forms of public transport.

• Stayed April 2014
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I recommend it to everyone! safe place. Dear providers. city ​​center, good transport.
I am happy with everything provide all services
Can easily be found and there is a highway it is a fact church....

Room Tip: I am happy with everything
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hostel is a good one. It is very close to the metro station which you can go anywhere with your Vienna Card. The room was clean and quiet. There were few other people staying here I think because it was March. Most of them were nuns which is weird. Well only the first floor has the wifi signal but it was free and we did't have to ask for the password. It is given to us when we checked-in. Bathrooms were clean. We stayed there for 3 nights for 70 per person. I think it is a great deal for an expensive city like Vienna.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We booked 3 nights here in early March and weren't disappointed. OK, so the rooms aren't huge, but we thought they were well appointed and airy. For 44 euros per night and 8 euros pop for breakfast, that's just 60 euros a night, in a great location.
Upon arrival at 6pm, Thomas, the night manager was extremely helpful. We moved in, then walked down the road to the main shopping precinct, and on a Sunday night the place was alive. Stacks of restaurants, and surprisingly, lots of them were Asian - just how we like it back in Melbourne, Australia. We actually saw one Chinese restaurant right across the road from Kaiser 23 and we ended up back there for dinner. A Chinese restaurant packed with Chinese people must be good, and it certainly was, in fact we ate there for 3 nights.
In our room we had a bath robe each for the morning shower run, and there was lots of hot water and an in-shower shampoo dispenser.
The breakfast was incredible, better than some hotels. Public transport is at your front door, and the public transport electric bus (tram) network and the underground train network is superb, and extremely safe.
Thomas gave us a great map and over 3 days we had a great time in Vienna. We also bought the 21 euro Vienna Card which gave us unlimited travel on trains and trams for72 hours. It eeeven enabled us to take the train to the airport which saved 30 euros on a taxi fare.
You'll love Kaiser 23, give it a go, you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Don't be it off by other travelers, reviews, this place is great, value for money and a great lo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David B
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The hostel was cosy, clean and modern serviced. The room we had was nice and comfortable, a little small but adequate as we were there for only 3 nights.
What I did not like was the welcome I received when I checked in. First impressions count and for me friendly stuff is necessary.
There was also just a small area downstairs to access the wifi.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OanaBancila
Kaiser23, Manager at Kaiser 23 Ho(s)tel & Guesthouse, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Oana,

thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and your valuable comments. I am sorry you did not receive the warm welcome wich is usually our standard. This is something we have already discussed internally and I will make sure we provide a better welcome every time. I hope you will find the chance to ckeck us out again should you visit Vienna in the future - if only to see how we improved based on your comment here. :) Best regards!
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed there twice - in December 2012 and in January 2014. After my first time I considered it to be clean but uncousy hostel. But after my second time I would definitely not recommend it. There were bugs in the room! Also there is bad sound isolation.

Room Tip: There are bugs in room called Gustav Klimt.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Lina,

thank you for your comments. I am sincerely sorry your stay was tainted by having bedbugs in your room. This is of course extremly unpleasent. Should you ever consider being our guest again please let me know, so we can try to make good what you missed this time.

We have hired a professional at once who checked the whole house for bugs. Indeed we found one room with bedbugs. This room is closed down now and being treated. Meanwhile we do checks everywhere to make sure no other room is affected.

Again let me say I am sorry. I would have rather noticed the bugs before you did. We will make sure we do should this ever happen again. Which we hope it will not, of course.