“Simply Fantastic”

Hotel Imperial Vienna
Ranked #16 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Everything was perfect from the time the bellman greeted us when we arrived until he loaded our suitcases into the car to the airport 5 days later. Friendly front desk and extremely knowledgeable and helpful concierge. Platinum status was recognized with a suite upgrade. Breakfast was wonderful, especially the Imperial tort.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Frederick L
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear "rick05"

thank you very much for your kind and well-disposed review about the Hotel Imperial, which gives our entire team the right motivation to steadily improve our performance in order to not only meet but moreover to exceed your expectations.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Vienna soon and remain in the meantime, with best regards

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Orlando Donato is the concierge at a beautiful hotel in Vienna. He is not only an excellent concierge, but also an incredibly patient, kind soul with a huge heart. I was traveling through Europe and once i arrived in Vienna I realized that I left one of my many bags on the euro rail. Frantically, I wandered into the nearest hotel, Hotel Donato. I was just praying that I would find someone who would be nice enough to help me with my situation. Not even being a guest at the hotel, Orlando was willing to call the euro rail for me (I had no phone service nor could I speak the language). Not only did he treat me like a guest, but was willing to take care of the entire process with the euro rail people to locate the bag and make all the arrangements to get it back to me (yes, the bag was found!) Again, I was not even a guest, but he took care of my every need and I could not possibly me more grateful for his kind heart. Quite obviously I would recommend Hotel Imperial to anyone and will be forever grateful for their concierge Orlando Donato.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Britton P
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear „BrittonP“,

thank you very much for sharing your recent impression of the renowned Imperial Concierge service on TripAdvisor. It is indeed with great pleasure to read that our experienced team was able to assist you in locating your lost bag. I hope you had a save onward journey and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon to the Hotel Imperial.

With best regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I visited Vienna for the first time at the end of August 2013.

We booked the Hotel Imperial for 3 nights and it was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Our flight from NY landed very early in the morning and we checked into the hotel at around 9:30 A.M. and they had a room ready for us. The room was spotless. The bed was comfortable, as are almost all Starwood beds. We did some sightseeing that morning, came back to the room to rest, and learned that we had no running water. The hotel is undergoing renovations. We went to the front desk on our way back out to do more sightseeing and they advised us the water would be back on in a few hours. We didn't make a big deal of this as we were headed out. However, that evening when we returned to our room, within 5 minutes we had a knock on our door and room service had brought us a nice note from the GM apologizing for the inconvenience earlier in the day and gave us a box of Imperial tortes (chocolates). It was a nice surprise. The fact that they knew we had just returned to our room (with a different shift working the front desk) was also very impressive.

The hotel is also in a great location - about 3 blocks from the Opera House and a 10 minute walk to Hofburg sites.

Great staff, great location, beautiful room. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stefashion

Dear „Stefashion“ and partner,

first of all we want to thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback with us and our TripAdvisor friends. We are delighted to learn that you had a very enjoyable stay and that even the fact we had a water outage did not cause any inconvenience to you. The Hotel Imperial is indeed currently undergoing a revitalization project to bring back the legendary hotel’s palatial elements and imperial grandeur while creating new social venues and it is one of our main focuses to do everything possible to offer our valued guest a pleasant stay.

Dear “Stefashion”, once again we want to thank you for your recent stay with us and we hope to have the honor to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We loved our stay at the Imperial Hotel. It was our first visit to Vienna. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Excellent location near the Opera House.. We enjoyed the cozy bar and the friendly bartender. Our dinner was delicious. Our room was luxurious and the fresh fruit in the room was a nice touch.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emerson7

Dear “Emerson7” and partner,

first of all I want to thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience with us and our friends on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am convinced that your warm words will encourage all our team members to go the extra step in the future again.

I hope we have to pleasure to welcome you soon back again to the Imperial in the beautiful city of Vienna!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We have been upgraded to the two levels suite on the top floor, The room was gorgeous, with a good view.

Nothing bad to say, just expect old school style and you'll be happy.

We haven't tried the breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CnCaroundtheworld

Dear “CnCaroundtheworld”,

thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and our followers on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that moreover the upgrade to one of our Maisonnette Suites on the top floor together with the old-school Imperial service enabled us to even exceed your expectation.

With fresh and colorful autumn greetings from Vienna

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We had chosen the Hotel Imperial in Vienna because of its location. Just a few steps from the entrance to the hotel we had access to Vienna's mass transportation system which would take us virtually anywhere we wanted to go. We were pleasantly surprised at the amazing quality of the hotel itself. Our room could not have been nicer. Luxurious doesn't even begin to describe it. The hotel staff were so helpful with our many requests. Vienna in the holiday season is magical; the Christmas Markets (note it's plural), the music, the overall atmosphere are not to be missed. Dress warmly!

Room Tip: Request a room upgrade.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JLHWPDA

Dear „JLHWPDA“ and partner,

first of all I want to thank you for your visit and for sharing your comments with us and the Trip Advisor community. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the renowned Imperial service. The Christmas Markets in Vienna are indeed of a magical ambience and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back again this year during Christmas!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We are just spending 6 nights in a recently renovated Maisonette Suite at this truly beautiful hotel. Starting with the extremely friendly doorman, everybody we met was very nice and helpful. The only exception is the dark Imperial Cafe, where breakfast is served and where service is just so-so with some quite moody waiters.
The apparently ongoing renovation doesn't disturb. The gym on the sixth floor is small, but very well equipped (newish Technogym equipment). Location is perfect - right in the very center.
Don't forget to buy their famous - and really excellent - Imperial Cake for your friends back home.

Room Tip: Maisonnette Suites have a small balcony with chairs, overlooking the roofs of Vienna. Ideal for a gl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear "swisszrh ",

thank you very much for your kind review and for sharing your experience with us and the entire TripAdvisor Community! It is indeed a pleasure for us to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the current revitalisation works have not disturbed you at all – which is definitely one of our most important aims during this project. The revitalize Café Imperial will be back open on its original place on December 20th and we are very much looking forward to welcome you back to the Hotel Imperial in a hopefully not too distant future!

With fresh and colourful autumn greetings from Vienna,