“The Best Hotel I have ever had the pleasure to stay in.”

Hotel Imperial Vienna
Ranked #16 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Okay, so this hotel is expensive. But you get what you pay for. Not only is it beautiful, you can't beat the location. Right behind the hotel is the Musikverein, and the Opera is just a short walk. This was important for us, since, in our opinion the music / concerts are among the best if not the best in the world. So that's for starters. Our room was magnificent. The bathroom alone was the size of many hotel rooms. A bath on one side and a shower (huge) on the other side. Our bedroom had a crystal chandelier and very nicely decorated. We felt like royalty staying this room. The bed was better than the one at our home (and we have an excellent one). I usually have a slight backache after sleeping on most hotel beds. Not this bed - it was simply luxurious - firm but soft at the same time (plenty of support without feeling you were sleeping on a rock). The Concierge staff is simply outstanding. Knowledgeable, friendly, kind, and always willing to help (and we asked for a lot of help). These guys are the best. We only had breakfast (which was excellent) in the hotel so I can't speak for the hotel restaurant. Bottom line, you get what you pay for and you get your money's worth with this hotel - every penny. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. We will definitely be back. Thanks to all the staff at the Hotel Imperial - you are simply the best!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vlad P
klauchr, General Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear “Vlad P” and partner,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and our TripAdvisor friends. I am delighted to learn that you savored your stay in Vienna. The Hotel Imperial is indeed a former palace and we continuously strive to keep the traditional flair and all our rooms, suites and public spaces in a spotless condition. I am delighted that you experienced our renowned concierge service and found a devine rest in our bespoke beds. I am convinced that your feedback encourages our whole team to deliver the same high quality service in the future again.

Looking forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to our palatial hotel and wishing you a fruitful and rewarding autumn ahead,

Klaus Christandl

Write a ReviewReviews (1,203)

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Lovely hotel, well-appointed rooms. Not a fan of the bed. It was a bit too hard for me. I loved the bathroom. Spacious and with a tub! Hooray! Good walking distance to many sites, shopping and eats. This hotel has great food too! Breakfast that was over the top. Yum! A let down was the wifi as I had some business to do. Fortunately the backup plan worked in the Cafe downstairs. Service was good for the rooms.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a corner room if you can. It may have better views. This isn't really a place th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
klauchr, General Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear “HappyRascal”,

First of all we want to thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We were happy to read that you enjoyed your time in Vienna and that you savored our sumptuous breakfast buffet. We will take your comment regarding Wifi on board and will continue to seek out the best possible connectivity for our guests in all areas of the hotel.

Many colorful autumn greetings from Vienna,

Klaus Christandl,

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed here recently for 5 nights and had a fantastic experience.
Note: we are both SPG platinum and stayed on points.
Service was amazing from the time we arrived at the front door until the time we left ... great check-in experience, very friendly team. We were upgraded to a suite on the first floor ... amazing room, great old world charm as we like. Very comfy bed; nice large bathroom ... what impressed up the most was all the little touches .. daily treats in the room; custom business cards in case we get lost, etc.
We did have breakfast daily which was also very good ...
Overall, we have both stayed in a lot of hotels but this was one of the best experiences and visits we have had anywhere. Highly recommend this hotel for sure

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank d1289

Dear “darrennelson” and partner,
It is always a special delight to hear from frequent travelers such as you about your experience at our historical hotel. Thank for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We are delighted to read that you savored a wonderful experience with us and that the personalized approach and attention to detail by our team members made a positive impact on your overall impression. Your compliments will most definitely further encourage my team to extend their fullest efforts in delivering memorable experiences for all our guests in the future as well!

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you soon again and remain,

with best regards from sunny Vienna,

Klaus Christandl,

Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is a gorgeous hotel and the service is excellent. The front desk staff were especially helpful - Stefano Salsi went out of his way to help us with sightseeing details and information. The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are gorgeous. Good size bathrooms top the rooms off. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear „Swhitevancouverbc“ and friends,

Thank you very much for sharing your warm comments about your recent stay at our Hotel. It is indeed a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay in Vienna and that you experienced our renowned Imperial service culture. I am convinced that your compliments will encourage our whole team to go the extra mile in the future again.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again to the Imperial Hotel Vienna in the not too distant future.

Klaus Christandl

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Everything was perfect from the time the bellman greeted us when we arrived until he loaded our suitcases into the car to the airport 5 days later. Friendly front desk and extremely knowledgeable and helpful concierge. Platinum status was recognized with a suite upgrade. Breakfast was wonderful, especially the Imperial tort.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Frederick L
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear "rick05"

thank you very much for your kind and well-disposed review about the Hotel Imperial, which gives our entire team the right motivation to steadily improve our performance in order to not only meet but moreover to exceed your expectations.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Vienna soon and remain in the meantime, with best regards

Heinrich Dominici, Director of Guest Services

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Orlando Donato is the concierge at a beautiful hotel in Vienna. He is not only an excellent concierge, but also an incredibly patient, kind soul with a huge heart. I was traveling through Europe and once i arrived in Vienna I realized that I left one of my many bags on the euro rail. Frantically, I wandered into the nearest hotel, Hotel Donato. I was just praying that I would find someone who would be nice enough to help me with my situation. Not even being a guest at the hotel, Orlando was willing to call the euro rail for me (I had no phone service nor could I speak the language). Not only did he treat me like a guest, but was willing to take care of the entire process with the euro rail people to locate the bag and make all the arrangements to get it back to me (yes, the bag was found!) Again, I was not even a guest, but he took care of my every need and I could not possibly me more grateful for his kind heart. Quite obviously I would recommend Hotel Imperial to anyone and will be forever grateful for their concierge Orlando Donato.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Britton P
Heinrich D, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear „BrittonP“,

thank you very much for sharing your recent impression of the renowned Imperial Concierge service on TripAdvisor. It is indeed with great pleasure to read that our experienced team was able to assist you in locating your lost bag. I hope you had a save onward journey and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon to the Hotel Imperial.

With best regards,

Heinrich Dominici, Director of Guest Service

Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I visited Vienna for the first time at the end of August 2013.

We booked the Hotel Imperial for 3 nights and it was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Our flight from NY landed very early in the morning and we checked into the hotel at around 9:30 A.M. and they had a room ready for us. The room was spotless. The bed was comfortable, as are almost all Starwood beds. We did some sightseeing that morning, came back to the room to rest, and learned that we had no running water. The hotel is undergoing renovations. We went to the front desk on our way back out to do more sightseeing and they advised us the water would be back on in a few hours. We didn't make a big deal of this as we were headed out. However, that evening when we returned to our room, within 5 minutes we had a knock on our door and room service had brought us a nice note from the GM apologizing for the inconvenience earlier in the day and gave us a box of Imperial tortes (chocolates). It was a nice surprise. The fact that they knew we had just returned to our room (with a different shift working the front desk) was also very impressive.

The hotel is also in a great location - about 3 blocks from the Opera House and a 10 minute walk to Hofburg sites.

Great staff, great location, beautiful room. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stefashion

Dear „Stefashion“ and partner,

first of all we want to thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback with us and our TripAdvisor friends. We are delighted to learn that you had a very enjoyable stay and that even the fact we had a water outage did not cause any inconvenience to you. The Hotel Imperial is indeed currently undergoing a revitalization project to bring back the legendary hotel’s palatial elements and imperial grandeur while creating new social venues and it is one of our main focuses to do everything possible to offer our valued guest a pleasant stay.

Dear “Stefashion”, once again we want to thank you for your recent stay with us and we hope to have the honor to welcome you soon again.

Heinrich Dominici, Director of Guest Service