“Love this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
Milledgeville, Georgia
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here 10 years ago and recently returned for a second visit. My only request was we stay at The Imperial again. Loved it all over again! Our two rooms were wonderful. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Uberaba, MG
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I really wish I could write awe-inspiring reviews about this hotel but it was in fact one of the most disappointing experiences I've had. I've booked this hotel through the Visa Luxury Collection, which would grant me free breakfast, internet access, room upgrade (if available) and late check out. I arrived at the hotel just one day before the re-opening of the grand lobby, which looks indeed really beautiful.
The real surprise came when I got to my room. I had booked a deluxe room which I hoped to be a little bit more spacious. The room was in fact small and cramped with furniture. Fabric on the walls were worn out and stained, TV was set at an odd angle. Since I was there just for one night, I decided not to complain as I was tired and really in need of some rest. Later, browsing the internet (which by the way is ridiculously slow, unless you pay an exorbitant fee for a faster connection), I found out that the room I was in matched the exact description of a standard room (it was room 207 I think). Instead of being upgraded, I was downgraded! Deluxe rooms supposely had larger bathrooms and different colour tones on the walls. So I decided to have a look at those floor plans they have hanged behind the bedroom door. My room was one of the smallest in the floor plan. How can a deluxe room be smaller than the standard rooms? I felt really cheated, and that is NOT how a guest in a 5 star establishment should feel.
Breakfast the next day was ok, but nothing that justifies paying high prices for. Go for it only if it is included on your room rate.
After breakfast I asked about the late check-out, they said it wouldn't be possible because the room had already been booked. I felt sorry for the next guests to stay in that mediocre room, and went to collect my stuff when they phoned me and said that I was allowed to stay until 3pm.

The hotel itself is beautiful and centrally located, but I felt it lives off its fame and history. A truly luxury hotels makes its guests feel welcomed and at home. All I received was a cold and indifferent treatment, plus a room downgrade. None of the VIP treatment promised by the Visa Luxury Collection website.

I left Vienna disappointed with my experience and willing to go back, but this time to hotel Sacher, which must have plenty of reasons to be ranked number 1 at Tripadvisor!

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you ask for...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank RodrigoHueb
klauchr, Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear „RodrigoHueb“

First of all, we would like to thank you for your explicit feedback regarding your experience at Hotel Imperial Vienna. We emphasize our appreciation for you having shared your opinion with us. Without your feedback our efforts in maintaining our signature service of excellence would remain aimless. I feel truly bad about the fact that you are so disappointed and I wish I could undo everything that happened. Unfortunately, I cannot turn back the clock, but I would like to express my sincerest apologies for everything that you have experienced during your stay. Please be assured that I have already discussed your points with my team and appropriate action will definitely follow.

I truly hope that there is a chance to reactivate the image of Hotel Imperial Vienna by showing you that we can do better at any time in the future. Please feel free to contact me at any time whenever your plans will bring you back to Vienna.

With my very best regards from Vienna,

Anton Gustav Birnbaum
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT MANAGER
anton.birnbaum@luxurycollection.com
Seville, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Heaven on Earth

Vienna 2012

After three years enjoying Hotel Imperial in Vienna, we feel it´s necessary to share our experience there. It is located in the very heart of Vienna, from which, at a walking distance, you can visit the most beautiful and representative monuments of the city.We cannot picture a summer holiday not staying at this wonderful hotel. There is no other place that holds so much beauty, art and culture together with friendly service and pleasant, personalized treatment of the staff. Its interior is impressive, the rooms not only magnificent but also providing warmth and harmony, satisfy any demands. Nothing is missing, care given to the smallest details, everything is perfect.
Calm and serenity are everywhere and also refined decor. Every little thing makes us dream about coming back every year.
Such a hotel requires a perfect machinery so that every guest can be loved and cared to the utmost. All this makes Hotel Imperial especial and unique.

Vienna 2013

For the fourth time running we have come back to the Hotel Imperial, our home. It always surprises us its special features. All you can wish can be found here up to a very high standard. This time we would like to thank especially to those people that contributed to our unforgettable stay: At the reception, Mr and Mrs Tekin, Manfred, Orlando, Ms Martina and Anita whose smile, care and kindness brightened up every moment. Mr Hitner, at the café and all the staff there for their exquisite manners. We felt delighted when coming for breakfast and being spoiled by everybody. To the waiters at Maria Theresia bar who were so polite and prepared such especial cocktails at the cozy terrace. To the chambermaids for their impeccable room service. And last but not least, we would also like to thank the Hotel Manager for keeping such professional and qualified staff that makes this hotel unique. We wish we can enjoy it all again next year!!!

Room Tip: No se puede pedir más a ninguna habitación, todas son perfectas
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Steeped in history, located in the best part of town, generous rooms furnished luxuriously (although the decor isn't really my style), superb food, what more could you want. Of course, good service. Well I've found none better in all of my many travels. All of that comes at a price but for a special holiday (this was my wife's 50th birthday) it has to be worth it. One thing I would say is when travelling from the airport consider using the non-stop CAT (Cit Airport Train) 20 minute stroll through the park to the hotel. It'll show you what to expect from Vienna, cleanliness and efficiency. Thanks Hotel Imperial and thanks Vienna.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed in a suite in November of 2013. The room was beautifully appointed and the front desk staff was amazing. The restaurant served delicious food with excellent service, but it is fairly expensive. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and housekeeping did a great job maintaining our room. We especially enjoyed the incredible bathroom. After a long day of walking the city, the large tub was perfect to relax in. We didn't hear any noise from other guests, but it was off season and I don't believe the hotel was fully booked. The hotel is very close to U-Bahn, Ringstrasse trams and buses. We took the U-Bahn from the airport and only had a 5 minute walk to the hotel. We didn't take the more expensive direct airport train, we chose to make a very easy connection and saved a good bit of money. The hotel is in an very convenient location, it was only a 15 minute walk to St. Stephens up Karntner Strasse and I walk slow due to an injury. All the museums and other sites within the Ringstrasse are within 5 to 15 minutes. Restaurants are all along your routes as well. The hotel is in the luxury price range so it's not affordable for everyone, but we highly recommend staying at this hotel and can't wait to do it again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

A stunning hotel full of history. It was close to everything we needed. The restaurant was not great, but that was the only disappointment. The cafe was very good for lunch. Overall a great hotel in a great, central location close to music, opera and dining.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and really enjoyed the experience. We arrived from the UK at about 1.30pm on Friday and we pleased when we were told that our room was ready immediately. Our room was on the 5th floor and was decorated beautifully and was a really lovely room. We had a king sized bed and also a seating area. The bathroom was pretty special with loads of room and a bath as well as a walk in shower. We got a good nights sleep each night due to a comfortable bed and pillows and a lack of noise from the street below.

The whole hotel was spotlessly clean and tidy with fabulous decor all of which looked to be of a high quality. All of the staff that we came across were very friendly and helpful. We dined in the cafe Imperial one night and found the food to be excellent. Location wise the hotel is well situated and is walking distance to the historic centre of the town and you can also walk or get the very regular tram to the museums and other sights.

If we return to Vienna again we will certainly return for a stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room as its worth the extra money
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple