“A real/royal viennese experience”

Hotel Imperial Vienna
Ranked #15 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Prague, Czech Republic
“A real/royal viennese experience”
Reviewed 21 August 2009

We used to come to Vienna regularly and first time decided to go for Imperial. We have been affraid reading some comments about the rooms (some people commented on dust or unsatissfying breakfast etc) but nothing like this occures. From the arrival to the end it was a spotless experience. Deluxe room was nicely decorated in a style you would expect from the Imperial, bathroom extremely spacious, both clean. Service very professional and friendly. Breakfast of a high quality with sufficient choice. To keep it shortly - a hotel to recommend in order to experience the old and real charme of Wien.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Out of the four hotels we stayed at during our Eurotrip, this by far was the best. The hotel had arranged a driver to meet us at the airport and from the moment we had gotten into the car to leaving the hotel we were impressed.

The driver that had picked us up had spoken very good English and was such a knowledgeable person. Upon arriving at the hotel we were very warmly greeted and assisted. Our room was beautiful! We have two balconies, a huge bathroom, huge room, and a huge closet.

Every time we asked any staff members questions about what they would recommend we were fully accommodated. The cafe, and restaurant we both great.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Vienna!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 9 August 2009

I had the good fortune of staying in this luxurious property during a sight-seeing visit to Vienna, and I was not disappointed! My room was upgraded to a Junior suite upon my arrival- WOW! I felt as though I was in the age of the Hapsburgs! The staff was attentive and friendly. The decor was fabulous!
I would stay there again!

• Stayed April 2009
Berkshire, England
Reviewed 21 July 2009

It was our Ruby Wedding anniversary and we decided on the a 3 night visit to Vienna followed by a rail journey back to London on the Orient Express (memorable in its own right)

We arrived in Vienna at 10:30am on Sunday 12th July. We were met by a driver and chauffeured to the Imperial Hotel. Check-in is normally 4pm but I had advised the hotel that we would be arriving much earlier. email correspondence was quick and helpful and we were expected early.

On arrival the receptionist told us that the room was still being cleaned and would w have coffee on the terrace while we waited. No problem. After half an hour we were told the room was ready and the receptionist advised us that we had been upgraded to a Junior Suite. Very nice, thank you.

The room, on the second floor, overlooked the main Kartnerring so we were a little concerned that there would be traffic noise, but all was quiet, evening on a Monday morning "rush hour"

There was a full bottle of Imperial Sparkling wine which I subsequently compared to the to the Laurient-Perrier Champagne and preferred the Imperial, personal taste, I know.

We had a large king sized bed, the room was large, light and airy. Beautifully decorated and furnished. The bathroom was green and white marble, full shower and separate bath tub. fresh bottles of water were left on each table every time the maid cleaned or turned down the bed.

Breakfast was a buffet, relatively small selection when compared to the large modern hotels but great quality, cheese, salmon, cold meats, fruit, cereals, pastries, cakes, juices, bacon, sausage, bread etc. The omelets were freshly prepared to your selection and were extremely tasty. Laurient-Perrier Champagne and Imperial Sparkling wine was available with one the juice chiller and this is where I compared the two offerings.

One evening we had night caps in the bar and the drinks ARE expensive, but you stay in this rating hotel and it is to be expected and one should not be surprised.

The restaurant was closed for summer renovations so meals had to be taken in the Cafe. The selection on the menu was small but the wiener snitzels were tasty and well presented. We only ate once in the Imperial so cannot comment further.

The business centre had 3 computers, printers and free internet access, all available 24 hours per day.

The hotel is a short walk to the Opera house, shops and the Concert Hall

The Imperial is not a "child friendly" hotel.

Would we stay again, most definitely!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 19 July 2009

The entryway and bathroom was the most spacious we had experienced in Europe. There was a separate shower from the expanded bathtub. I found the hairdryer being hidden in the center drawer an awkward spot.

Everything in the room sparkled. Even the small green piece of broken glass I found the next evening on the glistening wooden floor. I can't fault them for this. It was quite small. I am just glad I found it prior to stepping on it with my bare feet.

When I went to take a shower on the first evening, I noticed the water drained too slow for comfort. Within 5 minutes I must have had two inches of water. I called maintenance and the gentleman arrived quickly. He spent ten minutes unclogging the assumed hair out of the shower drain. While he was there, he took the time to check the rest of the plumbing as well. His shirt was a bit damp directly on his back. I actually think we broke a sweat doing that work. The next morning we were able to find his job was a success!

Keys to the rooms are not to be carried outside the building. You turn it in whenever you leave. I was surprised the staff had our key in their hands ready for us when we walked through the door. They greeted you by your name.

It was a treat to find the menu on our bed to order one of at least seven types of allergy-free pillows for your comfort. The bed was exceptionally comfortable.

We really appreciated that unlike most luxury hotels, they did NOT try to nickel and dime us for extra bottles of drinking water. Our beds were turned down. Chocolates every night. Glass bottles of water with glass drinking glasses. Fluffy towels.

The room was exceptionally quiet. I loved how you could close the electric outdoor blinds and all of the lights in the room from the switches next to your bed.

A business center was available on the first floor. They had bottles of water and fresh fruit at all times.

No matter who you ran into at the hotel, the staff was exceptional courteous.

We felt comfortable being at the Hotel Imperial. It would be a pleasure to return ANYTIME!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
?
Reviewed 20 June 2009

Great hotel with an excellent location. Our Jr. suite was outstanding. Had excellent amenities, 2 HD tv's, a bar, a superb luxurious bath, king bed. Service was top notch and the concierge was spot-on friendly and helpful. This hotel is the ultimate in old world luxury. If you like this kind of ambiance, you'll like this hotel. I especially liked their outdoor cafe where you can nosh on something sweet while watching the world go by. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Deatsville, Alabama
Reviewed 15 March 2009

I'm writing this review in response to BSB21's 5 Aug 2008 "Talk about Discrimination" write-up. I read his/her review prior to booking my stay and therefore was a bit apprehensive to stay at the Imperial. However, I decided to see for myself and am glad I did. My experience was completely 180 degrees out from his/hers. I too went to the Imerial using points; I spent 80,000 points for 5 nights (current promotion gives a free night after spending 4). During check-in, I was immediately upgraded without having to say a word. My room was incredible. I have lived in Europe for the last 2 years and have traveled extensively. This was by far, the biggest room I have stayed in during my European travels and it came with all the amenities.
As for the staff, they were all extremely friendly. The doormen,t he receptionists, and the bartenders were all extremely friendly and helpful. In particular, the 3 concierges that I dealt with were exceptional. We inquired about getting Venna Boys Choir tickets and tickets for the Spanish Riding School horseshow. Although both shows were the next day, the concierge was able to get us front row seats at the Church to hear the Choir and we had 3rd row, center stage, ground level for the horseshow. Both seatings made this a trip to remember. Oh yeah, when I asked about the Sunday Brunch (it was Saturday), the concierge was able to get my wife and I a table despite it being sold out. I normally wouldn't write this review, however, I thought that BSB21's review was harsh and wanted to let the next guy know that you can expect a great stay at the Imperial. My wife and I had a fantastic stay in Vienna and at the Imperial. Everything they do is first class and the hotel is truly a gem.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple