“loved it”

Hotel Imperial Vienna
Ranked #16 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 5 September 2010

I stayed here for 5 nights in June for leisure with my boyfriend. The hotel is in an excellent location. We had a great quiet, extremely clean room with the best bed ever (still talkng about how well we slept). I loved the amenities in the bathroom. The staff were "very Viennese" but that is expected. Breakfast was a little spendy but tasty. Overall, a great visit and I would stay and recommend.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveler0605

Reviewed 18 August 2010

We had a wonderful experience at the Hotel Imperial. We are Gold Starwood members and used a combination of cash & points. Most of my comments echo what other reviews have already said -- great location, great service, clean, elegant, historic, etc. Part of what made our experience so special was the service of Herr Moser, at the front desk. He greeted us with a smile & humor every time he saw us and was so incredibly helpful with reservations, suggestions, directions, etc. He's a gem.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Imperial for our 30th wedding anniversary. We were given an absolutely gorgeous room - front of the hotel with huge balcony overlooking the "Ring". Very old world elegant. Maria Teresa Bar was charming and sophisticated - Irwin and Franz were great bartenders! The reception staff was very welcoming. The concierge was extremely helpful with reservations - from dinner to a day trip across Austria. All of the hotel staff were very coureous and helpful. Truly a pleasure to stay here. Loved it !

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2010

The Imperial treated us like we were special because we were Starwood Card Holders. And we were using points. So often you feel like you are getting the leftovers from other hotel point programs. Our room was upgraded and was exquisite. I felt like a princess. It was such a special experience for our 12 year old daughter. I did not see anything in disrepair. The room had beautiful 18th century style furniture a large 1920's style bathroom. We were welcomed by a gorgeous bowl of fruit. The hotel is very convenient to the museums, public transportation and great restaurants. Vienna is wonderful. Beautiful, safe and clean.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
GMVienna, General Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2010

Dear Reviewer,

thank you for your kind feedback - as a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest Programme you are part of our most valuable and loyal guests and deserve the very best in service we can offer.

I hope that you will enjoy many more delightful stays within Starwood Hotels & Resorts and I look forward to welcoming you back here in Vienna one day. And who knows, maybe your daughter will be a loyal guest in the future.

Kind regards from Vienna,

Reviewed 29 June 2010

I have been a Trip Advisor member for some time without writing many reviews, but shortly after check in, I knew I would have to make an exception because I was so blown away by this hotel. Despite the fact that we were staying on cash & points, we were given a complimentary upgrade to a large room overlooking the main street with a small balcony and lovely bay window. In truth, our room was so luxurious and comfortable we probably spent less time seeing the city and more time relaxing-- which was OK because it was quite rainy during our stay. The hotel is extremely conveniently located near the opera and other sights as well as a "U" station. The concierge was extremely helpful and friendly. We felt service during the entirety of the stay was top notch-- even better than our recent visit to the Peninsula Hong Kong.
The breakfast in the dining room was quite good (and extremely reasonable for a luxury hotel if you ordered a la carte)... but what was truly miraculous was their ability to get us into a great room within one hour of our 8am check-in after a very long night on a sleeper train.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AttyOut2Sea

Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your kind feedback which we were delighted to read. I can only hope that you will return to the Hotel Imperial for another stay and hopefully less rain and more time to visit the many sights of our wonderful city.

Kind regards from Vienna,

Reviewed 11 June 2010

The room is so vast I can host a private ball here! Opulent brocade-style carpet, chandelier lighting, elegant writing desk, a bed that can accommodate a family of four.Sumptuous surroundings, very old world. The hotel has a 24-hour butler service and a hand ironed newspaper with the morning tea. Good place to sample the imperious Sacher Torte. Very well located, close to the famed Danube and the Park. For those who like to be surrounded by neo-Renaissance furnishings, gilt mirrors and grandfather clocks that take you to another era, just the place.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank Mavai
Reviewed 16 May 2010

This hotel has a good location and is in a historic building. However, the rooms are extremely dated with very old fashioned decor. Gym is a incredibly small, although not uncommon in many older European hotels. Bathroom is small and shows wear and tear. And the worst is, the hotel staff is simply rude and very arrogant. The front desk and concierge like to ignore your presence and recommend nothing else to eat other than the restaurant in the hotel. This is no way near the quality of a 5-star hotel. Would never stay here again

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
10  Thank kalikidd05
GMVienna, General Manager at Hotel Imperial Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2010

Dear Reviewer,

thank you for your honest feedback. I was very sorry and concerned to read of your experience.
Our rooms are decorated in a style that corresponds with the hotels heritage and history - the Hotel Imperial was originally the private residence of the Prince of Wurttemberg from 1865 to 1873, and as such it still maintains that classical feel of a Viennese Palais. I am very sorry that this did not meet your expectations.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused through our staff. Rest assured that we have taken your feedback very seriously and will be reviewing your comments with our Front Office staff.

I sincerely hope that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves on your next visit to Vienna. Please feel free to make your reservation directly through my office, so that I may assure you of my personal attention.

Kind regards,