Hotel Bristol Vienna
US$111
US$94
Trip.com
1,604 results
All reviewsopera houseold worldopera suiteluxury collectionstarwood pointswalk in closetluxury hotelsmall balconyconcierge staffperfect locationmarble bathroombeautiful hotelturn down servicestate operadeluxe roombeautiful roomsitting area
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This elegant hotel is steps away from the famed Vienna Opera House and is located on the Ring, a few minutes' walk to all of the museums, the palace, wonderful cafes, restaurants and shopping. My husband and I stayed at the Bristol for 3 nights and loved every moment. The breakfast was delicious and the room was elegantly appointed, comfortable, and quiet. The service at the hotel was impeccable. I highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Vienna. We also used the gym to workout and the business center. Both were clean and user-friendly.

Room Tip: Room 40 was beautiful and has a bathroom and powder room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeidiBudaj
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

Fantastic location near every major attraction. We had a room on the first floor with no view hich was a bit disapoonting given I am a SPG Gold member. However, it was a large room with a huge king bed so we were ok with this in the end.

Breakfast was pretty good. Egg benedicts amongst the best I've had in a long time. Vienoiserie were a bit disapointing.

• Stayed: May 2012
BRISTOL_VIE_GM, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Madame / Sir, thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor. I understand that you enjoyed your stay but that you expected a room with a better view due to your SPG gold status. Kindly note that we always try to accommodate our most valued SPG guests in the best possible way and to assign them best possible rooms - unfortunately it is not always possible to meet each and every guests room preference request - especially when the hotel is fully booked. We however would be pleased if you visit us again and if you contact me prior to your stay I can make sure that you will get a room with a better view assigned. Thank you for your nice comments about the egg benedict. Also I will look into the bred situation for breakfast – such feedback is very valuable to us. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future! Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Well this was the polar opposite in style from my earlier stay at the Le Meridien 2 blocks away.
The Bristol had the grand old building with marble floors and carpeted staircases, doorman with top hat, keys on heavy metal rods that you had to leave at the desk whenever you left the hotel, candies and snacks to greet you in your room, and the elegant European red carpet interiors that you might expect from THE luxury hotel located across the plaza from the Opera House and at the base of the big shopping boulevard. The knowledgeable concierge was helpful in suggesting a nice nearby restaurant that served Wienerschnitzel (so sue me), versus the young guy at the other hotel who suggested something a bit more cheesy. The only downside for me was that the shower curtain in the huge step-up tub didn't keep the water spray from the shower from pooling a large amount of water on the marble bathroom floor.
So if you have the bucks and want to experience grand old luxury (with modernized touches) in a spectacular location, this should do it. If you want a modern boutique type hotel with lots of glass and art and staff dressed in black, this isn't for you.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Madame / Sir, thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. I am glad to learn from your review that you had a good stay at our property and that you appreciated the style as well as the central location. Thank you also for the comment regarding the showers - I will look into this with my engineering team to see how we could improve this. Thank you again for your patronage. It would be a pleasure to welcome you soon again to our hotel!
Best regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I just stayed in Bristol for one night. My stay in Vienna was extended and I needed urgently to book a hotel. I booked around 1600 and when I arrived at 2200 on the same day, they could not find my booking. The lady at the reception was extremely nice, and upgraded me to a much higher category of room that the one I booked.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My husband and I and our daughter have stayed here a number of times for business and pleasure. I love it. The old world charm with modern service. We treat ourselves to breakfast in our room whenever we stay. We have been given a complimentary upgrade to a bigger room on occasion which is great, especially when travelling with a small child.

Can't wait to go again.