We stayed 2 nights in a Junior Suite room. The Junior Suite room is very spacious with an equipped kitchenette, a huge bathroom and an espresso machine. The only feedback is that the bath tub cum shower is impractical as the toilet floor gets very wet after a shower.
Front Office personnel is warm and friendly though his recommendation of Cafe Museum is not good. Ambience is nice, but food quality is disappointing, and expensive at Euro 102.40 for meal for 4 persons. Dinner @ Viet Thao the next night (about 4 shop units from Cafe Museum) on the other hand is very good. We had fried rice with pork, fried noodle with beef and 2 beef pho and 1 beer costs Euro 40.
Location wise, we cannot fault its accessibility to Naschmarkt which is just next door, Karlskiche is 10 mins walk and Zentrum is about 20 mins walk. Schonbrunn Palace is only 5 km from the hotel. Satisfied with our stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A home away from home, right in the centre of Vienna. Our cosy 4 star hotel is celebrating its 100th anniversary and has been completely renovated to mark the occasion. The Mercure Secession offers a combination of classic Viennese style and modern comfort. Facilities include 70 spacious, airconditioned rooms, suites and apartments, bar with Internet terminal, WLAN in the lobby and private parking. The opera, Stephansdom Cathedral, museums, Ringstrasse and Karntnerstrasse are only a short walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Agoda, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mercure Secession Wien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Secession Wien Hotel Vienna
- Mercure Hotel Secession Wien
- Mercure Hotel Vienna