“Tourist in Vienna”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Reviewed 17 May 2016

Visiting a coffee house is a must do for visitors to Vienna.

Weather was cold and wet so we were looking for somewhere warm and stumbled on this restaurant after visiting St Stephen's. Bad timing as restaurant was almost full when we arrived so service was a bit slow, then within 15 minutes it was almost empty.,

Good display of cakes and great selection of coffees. Our local guide had suggested we avoid the traditional sachertorte as chocolate cake is pretty much same anywhere. Taking her advice I chose another national favourite (according to the menu) - Kaiserschmarren. This was ok but nothing special. Had I not been swayed by the menu, I would have been tempted by some of the other cakes.

Date of visit: April 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,407)

Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

This cafe is upstairs. Toilet is on the way up the stairs for €1 entry each, refundable from your bill. We had the strudel and coffee. This is definitely great strudel, worth the price. Can be very busy here, but service is very good. There are lots of other things on the menu too, and is suitable for a main meal. Don't miss the pink uniforms on the wait staff. Something unique in Vienna to do.

Reviewed 15 May 2016

I just wanted a good Apple Shtrudel- and I got it, as it should be. There is a large selection of cakes, so everyone can find something.

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

Having been here once before in 2009, I thought I'd return for my recent trip. It was excellent then and has only got better.

I ordered a Mozart themed ice cream, without marzipan. The staff replaced the marzipan with free added extras. My sister order a banana split, which induced a large sense of food envy on my behalf.

The coffee was authentic and tasty, the ice cream could not have been better and the atmosphere of being sat out in Stephansplatz in the sunny, hustle and bustle just adds to its charm.

I will continue visiting AIDA for as long as I visit Vienna.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

Coffee is good, but I have expected more delicious variations. Beautiful outdoor view on the Vienna Opera.

Date of visit: July 2015