“A big mistake”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Description: Tel; +43 1 512 41 22
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Italic is an example of a restaurant where the indivdual pieces add up to less than what it should. The restaurant is attractive and the food is fine, but the service was so bad that nothing could make up for it. My husband and I are fish easters. The menu wasn't organized by type of food and there was a filet of something on the menu that interested me. I asked the waiter what it was and he said that he'd have to check. He came back and told me that it was barramundi, a type of seabass. I told him that I thought it was odd that they would have that as well as something they called seabass, but he insisted. Imagine my surprise when a piece of meat was placed before me. I told the waiter that I don't eat meat and asked for the dish that my husband had ordered. It was brought to me within a few minutes, which made me wonder. That dish was very tasty, but by this time I wasn't feeling great about the place. I would not go back, especially since we chose this restaurant over an other Italian restaurant that was nearby and recommended highly by a friend.

1  Thank Irvinereviewer
There are newer reviews for italic

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in here for a drink only on our first night in Vienna and the drinks were good and priced averagely for the 1st district.

1  Thank Dokieboy
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very well located just off Karntnerstrasse, this restaurant has very good Italian food in an upscale setting. Service is very good.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Perfect location, friendly staff, nice Italian food, a restaurant for a good and quick lunch. No reservation required, in summertime one can enjoy the small terasse as well.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Italic is a classy joint, with lavish furnishing, amazing drinks and attentive waiters. As a lover if all Italian, I'd rate the authenticity of the cuisine at about 80%. Overall very good restaurant

1  Thank Luby1986