“Our favorite meal in Vienna”

Gasthaus Woracziczky
Ranked #30 of 4,551 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Margareten
Description: No Creditcards
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I loved the local touch of this restaurant. I think we were the only tourists there. The owner was welcoming, calm and kind. I ordered sweetbreads which I had never done before and was smitten! Delicious! Husband had a very good trout and we enjoyed a light bubbly recommended by the waiter. If we lived in Vienna, this would be our go-to restaurant. As I write this, I wish we were there now....(Call or email for reservations; it is a small place.)

3  Thank LolaSpan

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Nice small restaurant which, like other reviews say, is busy with locals. We didn't have a reservation but were fitted in on a Wednesday early evening. The two waiting staff were very friendly and spoke perfect English, and there is an English menu.

The food is what I would described as modern Viennese and everything we had was lovely. The only negative was that none of the three main dishes we ordered came with any vegetables (other than potatoes) which is a bit unusual!

Three courses with one bottle of the (delicious) house white and coffee around £30 a head. Although the starters seemed pricey in comparison to the main dishes it felt like good value given the quality and would definitely recommend to anyone staying in the area.

2  Thank QueenMarieOfRomania
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Excellent service. Staff speak english very well and were very friendly. Reservations a must as the restaurant is not that big and it's where the locals eat. They do not accept credit cards. On the expensive side but well worth it. Excellent food.

3  Thank Mirah2
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I live closeby but everytime I want to go there, mostly weekends - they are closed.
Finally, last Monday I pass by and got the opportunity to check and see what this is about.
It is about decent and respectful approach of the owners to their guest.
It is about home made cooking inspired with some creativity.
It is about simple decoration, so you can focus on the real reason being here.
It is about trust, when you ask for explanation and what you got is best possible answer or suggestion. We followed the lead and we were happy.

They don't accept cards. :-(

1  Thank intrepidCRO
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Very cosy restaurant. The food was delicious and the sparkling wine too. Very helpful and friendly stuff. If you are looking for a place with mostly local people and not tourists, try this Gasthaus! Not too expensive, and only accept cash!

2  Thank Chiara L