“Good Italian food, centrally located, nice atmosphere!”
Review of Aurelius

Aurelius
Ranked #683 of 4,142 Restaurants in Vienna
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Good Italian food, centrally located, nice atmosphere!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I ended up here as I was staying in Marc Aurel Hotel which is just next door. During a rainy night it is great to be able to walk from your room into a nice non-hotel type of restaurant without having to carry an umbrella and raincoat :)
The food was very good and I liked the selection of drinks they had. I think I ended up having a trainee waiter so there was some misunderstanding about the main course but they were quick to provide me with a replacement.
It is perhaps a bit dark - but perfect if you are looking for a quiet romantic surrounding, or just a place where you can eat and talk in peace.

• Visited March 2014

Vienna, Austria
“Excellent fish & seafood”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We enjoyed another excellent dinner at Aurelius - the food & service are consistently excellent.
I can definitely recommend the tuna tartar as an appetizer. My wife had the grilled sea bream (dorade), which was excellent. I had the safran risotto with prawns, also very good. Try some of the Croatian wines!
Service is always very friendly and attentive.
We will return in the summer, when one can sit outdoors. The outside patio would also get 5 stars.
Pricing is definitely reasonable, considering the quality.
If you want to enjoy good fish & seafood in Vienna then I can definitely recommend Aurelius.

• Visited December 2013
Ross on Wye, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This was not on our list of restaurants to eat at, but we unknowingly were in Vienna on a bank holiday, when many restaurants were closed all weekend. This place was warm and clean and the menu looked fine. I had carpaccio of fillet steak with truffle oil, it was wonderful, and not at all stingy with the truffle oil, it was almost too much... and we both had the Saffron prawn risotto, also really tasty. I am not sure that the staff were overly keen on us as British tourists but they were polite enough and overall, we enjoyed our time here.

• Visited November 2013
Canberra, Australia
“Impressive warm hearted restauarant”
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

We liked the look of this warm and fashionable restauarant near the Danube. The staff were helpful, friendly, and the food prepared and served well. My partner was enamoured with the Carpacio of Swordfish and truffle and we both thought the Saffron prawn risotto was delicious. If we return to Vienna we will eat here again. Recommended!

Visited October 2013
Berkeley, California
“Italian with a seafood bent”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We enjoyed a low-key outdoor dinner at Aurelius. The owner is a gracious host, while our server was more typically Viennese, which is to say, brusque and competent. We had the carpaccio starter, which was good, and a simple green salad, which was simple. For entrees we had a steak and a truffled ravioli - both were very nicely prepared and tasty. The restaurant has a good wine list, including several choices by the glass. In Vienna we were frequently annoyed by the number of chain smokers in restaurants; at Aurelius, the owner was very accommodating of our wish to be seated as far as practical from the heavy smokers.

• Visited July 2013