I spent three nights there and just loved it! The hotel is a piece of modern design, a little extravagant and located in the heart of Vienna.
Positive things about the hotel:
Everything is unique - from the prison-cell looking like elevators to the trendy dining space and roof bar. My room was lovely: located on the 4th floor and with the view on the internal courtyard, it was amazingly well cleaned, full of nice touches here and there (eco-friendly bathroom items, colourful walls, extravagant lamps and a very funny "do not disturb" sign that made me laugh and put me in a good mood as soon as I arrived). Though the room is not the largest, it was roomy enough for me. The bed is magnificent and super-comfy. Breakfast is very good, with a good variety of dishes to chose from. I also had three dinners there and really liked the food - one might argue that the menu selection is relatively small BUT the quality is excellent and there are dishes for all tastes. I tried a salad with pistachios and it was delicious. Pizza was also great (I recommend the bacon and goat cheese one). Bread and lovely olive oil are always on the table and kept me going for a while when I was deciding about dinner. Staff are all young, friendly and helpful. Free wi-fi worked perfectly everywhere in the building.The hotel appears to be very popular in Vienna for meals and drinks so expect a very trendy atmosphere though never too crowed and noisy. I was there on a business trip and must say that the hotel was a pleasant relief after the working day. My boss stayed there as well and though he is a little more mature than me, he simply loved it. We agreed that this hotel is a fun and modern alternative to some of the serious (and kind of boring) traditional Viennese hotels.
Room for improvement:
- Please, do remember to print out your booking voucher if you reserve your room through a website other than the one of the hotel's. I did not know and it all got sorted out at the reception - sent the electronic copy via email and they printed it out for me.
- If you are planning a long stay, please take into account a relatively small space for your clothes
- Some of the tables in the dining room are very small and close to other ones. During one dinner, I basically took part to the couple's conversation next to me and against my will. :D
- maybe it is not a pure family-friendly solution, though there were many kids. It comes across like a couple/friends/alone travelers on a duty trip kind of place. May be just my impression.
- I got an excellent rate (90 E per night breakfast included) through booking.com a few weeks before my trip. Other guests were not as lucky and honestly spent a little too much. Recommend to rifle around the internet for convenient offers.
Other than that, I did not notice negative things pointed out in other reviews - bed sheets were perfectly fine, no noise from the roof, breakfast is not at all too small and meals are not expensive. Please bear in mind that I am VERY picky about all the above.
I will certainly go back and highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier is a relaxed hotel with atmosphere which draws upon the dreams and sensations of the circus world and presents elements from the big top in a new environment. The brightly coloured rooms and suites show off exclusive wallpapers from Berlin illustrator Olaf Hayek. 1500 FOODMAKERS serves cool Italian dishes with an American touch. The Dachboden bar with terrace has views over the rooftops of Vienna and is known far beyond the city.183 rooms • 34 suites • Mini-bar • Safe • iHome Sound Dock • iMac work stations • Free Wi-Fi throughout the building • Free MINI rental • Free bicycle rental • Jogging corner • 1500 FOODMAKERS restaurant with terrace • Burger de Ville summer garden • Dachboden bar with roof terrace • 4 function rooms • Mermaid’s Cave with sauna, steam bath and fitness room • Car park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your 25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.