“The hotels defects beat its uniqueness”

25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier
Ranked #38 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Rome, Italy
“The hotels defects beat its uniqueness”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

As everyone has written this place is uber cool, good food, breakfast buffet is wonderful with great music, the rooms are spacious and fun, the view over Vienna is marvellous. But the three days I stayed here will be the last ever. The staff are friendly but lost papers I gave them to fax; the rooms were cleaned superficially, when I arrived I found used tissues from the previous guest, and then stuff wasn't replaced; above all the front looking rooms are noisy, overlooking the road ( where for two nights the municipality was digging) forcing me to sleep with the aircon on and the windows shut, which I loathe.
So I am not a happy bunny, but irritable and tired. Not what you want after staying three nights in a place so supposedly cool

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank David N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Deux-Montagnes, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The perfect location: everything can be reached by a leasury stroll through Vienna charming streets. Very impressed with their welcome and went out of their ways to help us with our reservation. Hotel is hip and will please all travellers as the room is super clean, very comfortable bed and linens and a bathroom out of this world. Bonus: upstair terrace with a real view of Vienna. Decor is a little bit funky but with all the other amenities... you should fall back in Alice in Wonderland and at a great price! I will recommend this hotel to all my customers.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from elevators is always a good choice!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I spent three nights there and just loved it! The hotel is a piece of modern design, a little extravagant and located in the heart of Vienna.

Positive things about the hotel:

Everything is unique - from the prison-cell looking like elevators to the trendy dining space and roof bar. My room was lovely: located on the 4th floor and with the view on the internal courtyard, it was amazingly well cleaned, full of nice touches here and there (eco-friendly bathroom items, colourful walls, extravagant lamps and a very funny "do not disturb" sign that made me laugh and put me in a good mood as soon as I arrived). Though the room is not the largest, it was roomy enough for me. The bed is magnificent and super-comfy. Breakfast is very good, with a good variety of dishes to chose from. I also had three dinners there and really liked the food - one might argue that the menu selection is relatively small BUT the quality is excellent and there are dishes for all tastes. I tried a salad with pistachios and it was delicious. Pizza was also great (I recommend the bacon and goat cheese one). Bread and lovely olive oil are always on the table and kept me going for a while when I was deciding about dinner. Staff are all young, friendly and helpful. Free wi-fi worked perfectly everywhere in the building.The hotel appears to be very popular in Vienna for meals and drinks so expect a very trendy atmosphere though never too crowed and noisy. I was there on a business trip and must say that the hotel was a pleasant relief after the working day. My boss stayed there as well and though he is a little more mature than me, he simply loved it. We agreed that this hotel is a fun and modern alternative to some of the serious (and kind of boring) traditional Viennese hotels.

Room for improvement:

- Please, do remember to print out your booking voucher if you reserve your room through a website other than the one of the hotel's. I did not know and it all got sorted out at the reception - sent the electronic copy via email and they printed it out for me.

- If you are planning a long stay, please take into account a relatively small space for your clothes

- Some of the tables in the dining room are very small and close to other ones. During one dinner, I basically took part to the couple's conversation next to me and against my will. :D

- maybe it is not a pure family-friendly solution, though there were many kids. It comes across like a couple/friends/alone travelers on a duty trip kind of place. May be just my impression.

- I got an excellent rate (90 E per night breakfast included) through booking.com a few weeks before my trip. Other guests were not as lucky and honestly spent a little too much. Recommend to rifle around the internet for convenient offers.

Other than that, I did not notice negative things pointed out in other reviews - bed sheets were perfectly fine, no noise from the roof, breakfast is not at all too small and meals are not expensive. Please bear in mind that I am VERY picky about all the above.

I will certainly go back and highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel because the price was reasonable and had read that it was recently renovated. It was quirky, funky and entirely circus themed. We really enjoyed the strange atmosphere, but it might not suit everyone. It's definitely not suitable for families because the slogan for the restaurant upstairs was "F*** IT. EAT PIZZA." (not censored) and was shown in large writing at the entrance.

The room was pretty small and while it was fine for the two nights we stayed there, it could get quite cramped if you wanted to unpack your suitcase more than a little bit. The bathroom was modern with a great expensive hairdryer, but there was a strange glass window between the bedroom and the bathroom that could never be fully covered.

Metro train station is only a few minutes walk away and overall it is a great location with only a 10 minute walk to the centre of the city. We would definitely recommend this hotel for younger travelers and as an alternative to backpacker hostels - worth the extra money!

We had a few strange things with our room. We didn't have a remote for the TV and our phone didn't allow us to call reception, but they didn't negatively impact our experience.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KiloSYD
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Despite other negative comments here I was actually really quite impressed by the welcoming atmosphere, multilingual staff and general helpfulness.

The decor certainly isn't for everyone, but as part of a young wedding party I thought it was nigh on perfect, with free bikes to borrow to explore the city, two excellent bars (especially the top floor bar overlooking the city) and a pretty solid breakfast each morning. The location also puts most of the major attractions (MQ, Natural History Museum etc) only a 10min walk away at the most.

Only a small gripes and that being the ridiculously small capacity of the two 13person lifts which realistically could only fit 5-8. The lifts, which seemingly chose for themselves which floor to service, on a 7 floor hotel meant long waits and was a little irritating. Also distinct lack of coat hangers in the rooms, and good luck getting hold of an iron if you're in a hurry.

Otherwise, clean, stylish, friendly and well placed. I'd certainly reccommend.

Room Tip: High rooms with windows are sure to have spectacular views over the city
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This hotel has been designed to surprise, wonder, amaze and accommodate the creative and curious mind. From the living room type lobby to the bizarrely decorated Spa to the stacks of letters on every floor allowing guests to make up words and phrases to their fancy. The rooms are a wonder in their own, curiously elaborate illustrations adorn the wall behind the bed and the furniture is a eclectic mix of basic materials put together in an eloquent style and composure. The hotel also has a fine-dining restaurant and a lounge bar, just be wary that there's a head-count on the number of people who can enter, which is strange, since the hotel has a 'we don't follow the rules' policy.

The location is good for restaurants, museums and general sight-seeing. I'd advise taking out a hotel bike as well, just be wary to be back before dark as the Viennese police are usually out in force. One more tip about room section (below)

Room Tip: When I arrived I was asked if I wanted a street or yard view. I opted for a yard view, but it was n...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Decoration is for sure unique and fun, with a great attention to details: they borrow electrical bikes and iPads, very focused on Eco and environment. However they misses in some BIG basics: no interne reception in the rooms (and never fixed during the stay), no room service, conference rooms very small with even smaller desks. Ok, maybe they do not want to be a business hotel, but it left me a strange feeling - most probably I will not be back, not even for private reasons

• Stayed May 2013