“nice hotel cool neighbourhood”

25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier
Ranked #36 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stay there fore 3 nights real nice and friendy stuff rooms realy clean size is more than ok for this value.Its locadet in one of the best districts of vienna with full Programm day and night,highly recommend this place

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank N0Vegie
Write a ReviewReviews (2,189)

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

A little bit off centre, this hotel was very relaxed and a bit quirky. Rooms were clean, staff friendly and helpful and the rooftop bar was amazing. Very good value and good location - I like staying a bit out of the main centre so I can interact with locals!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Spent two nights here in February with wife and two teenage children. Hotel prides itself on being just a little different. Lobby and rooms reflect a bit of irreverence, which they are clearly marketing. Rooms were a bit small, but certainly adequate for our needs. Shower/bathroom was very nice. The breakfast in the morning had great variety and tasted great. You could certainly have breakfast elsewhere to save a little money (which we did one morning), but in the end you really don't save that much money and this restaurant is just an elevator ride away. There is a bar up on the top floor which was pretty busy when we went. The cold weather made it hard to enjoy the outdoor balcony that runs along one side of the bar, but it provides a great view. There are a bunch of other services that we didn't use like a spa facility and free bikes.

The hotel is a bit outside of where you will likely spend your time (assuming you are a tourist or wanting to see the tourist sites) but is only 10-15 minute walk to Hofburg Palace and another 5-10 minutes to get to Stephansdom.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank usfourexpats
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Had a wonderful time at this well located hotel. Room was really lovely (shabby chic), good facilities. Excellent choice at breakfast and very friendly and helpful staff. Would highly recommend this hotel. Did not use sauna as did not have time but they charge which is a bit cheeky! Very close to underground station which has excellent connections to airport train (CAT) which I would recommend. Would definitely stay there again.(Many rooms have images of snakes on the wall and as I have a phobia they put us in a room without - they were very understanding and accommodating)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed here on Valentine's weekend with my girlfriend. The whole experience was magical. We availed of the free bikes on Friday and Saturday, cycling around the city on Friday night and out to the woods on Saturday. The staff were very helpful, and a request i made with my booking to get a room on as high a floor as possible was catered for. The hotel itself is very trendy, with the most impressive buffet breakfast (you could easily spend 3 hours in there in the morning). The bar on the roof is cool but we only visited it on the Friday night and didn't spend much time there. I'd highly recommend making use of the bikes especially if the weather is good as it was for us. Vienna is a beautiful city and truly magical to experience it on bicycle.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The location is superb if you are on a weekend in Vienna, close to MQ, lots of funky shops and cafes. The suites are fantastic, all glass looking to the city, with the room full of clever design tricks, and useful features such as the small kitchenettes.

BUT:

The breakfast area is inadequately small and this is combined with poor service. We were there at the Advent period with our two kids. The receptionist at the restaurant area let us in without telling us there is no place. Since our 4 year old was very hungry, we firstly took some food for her and only afters that did we realise that there is no free space to eat. So we said that we are sitting outside at the lobby while we wait for a table to free up. 15 minutes passed with more and more people arriving and a cue forming, and no one leaving. I got fed up and told the restaurant receptionist that we are leaving and having breakfatst somewhere else. She said "but you have already eaten, so I am going to have to charge you". When I told her I refuse to pay for 4 portions of breakfast for 20 minutes of waiting and for one omlette eaten at the lobby, she said angrily "I do not care, I am going to charge you anyhow". To their credit, after I complained about this at the reception, they striked this charge from the bill.

Another small story about the service: it was Sunday at just before three we were about to leave town and just wanted to have a coffee. The downstairs restaurant was still almost full, but they said they can not serve us as they close at three, but we should go up the the rooftop bar. We did go up, but of course it was full, and none cared that they colleagues sent us up. This sums up the service: all the staff are very young and funky, I have not seen a single one of them smiling.

Also, Friday nights are very noisy for the top suites and it can be difficult to sleep.

As much as I love cool design, the basic functions of a hotel are: getting you an good nights sleep, and get you an efficient breakfast, and a service with a smile. This hotel fails in these fronts.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
25hoursHotelCompany, Manager at 25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Hello Broomie

Many thanks for your review. I am sorry that the service standard was not as it should be. I do apologize for this shortcoming and just may encourage you to inform front desk staff immediately at a next comparable situation, whether at the 25hours Hotel in Vienna or one of the other 25hours hotels. They will care about such deficiencies promptly.

Maybe you are interested not only to read my answer but also to prove it. Therefore, if you should be interested in a second stay at our hotel, please contact me at gm.wien@25hours-hotels.com.

Best regards
Fanny Holzer
25hours Hotel Vienna

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I liked this hotel. It is funky but there is also attention to detail, good beds and good service. The restaurant was excellent. The rooftop bar had a great view but could try way harder.
We had a Panorama Suite on the seventh floor. DO NOT take these rooms if you want to sleep before 1am as the music from the nightclub is extremely disturbing. Apparently the problem is much less on the sixth floor. I wish reception had informed us and given us a choice.
That's my only real gripe, we loved it and I'll be back but will be more careful with my room.

Room Tip: Seventh floor suites noisy until 1am