“The worst hotel experience -ever-”

25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier
Ranked #37 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
“The worst hotel experience -ever-”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I was last year in Dezember in 25hours hotel, together with my work friends. Our office payed staying there and we were but surprised when the women on reception asked extra 50€ for the safety - if anything is taken etc.
That wouldn't be so bad, but when our boss tried to talk with her if it's possible to give office credit card as deposit for all of us, she started to yell that they don't make an exeption for anyone and if we don't have money we can pay it with our cards and they give us money when we leave. - so really, really unrude.

The second thing was in the morning. In 7 a.m the cleaning lady start to knocking so hard on my door (the evening before we were on the xmas party so we went at 4a.m sleeping), she wanted to CLEAN :O after I said to her that I'm sleeping and she should come later, she came again - like 45 min. later !!!! I mean - what the heck?!?!? I put extra hotel card on its place so that i could sleep in peace. But obviously not in that hotel.
The only good thing breakfast.

But, still, when I'm coming to Vienna I'm going to another hotel.

Stayed December 2013
4 Thank Ivana K
25hoursHotelCompany, Manager at 25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Ivana K

Thank you for your review about your stay last December.

I am sorry to read that your stay was not as you expected it. The deposit procedure is a common process in all hotels around the world but we will definately check with our Front Office the communication of it.

I will also discuss your comment about the early cleaning service with my housekeeping manager.

Kind regards

25hours Hotel Vienna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We spent 6 nights in Vienna using this hotel as our home base. The room was great, service was super. Only complaint(which is very American I know) is that the wireless is spotty on the weekends when the place fills up. Otherwise they executed flawlessly. Its quirky, which will not appeal to everyone, but it is hard to resist a place that has a neon sign outside that says "We are all mad here". What a great conversation starter. Do go, do stay. Vienna waits for you.

Room Tip: Get a corner room on the 6th or 7th floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PatStarke
25hoursHotelCompany, Manager at 25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hello PatStarke

Thank you very much for your great review!

I am very happy to read about your great stay with us. Your feedback regarding the Wifi I will gladly use with my technical department to find a solution.

I hope we can welcome you again on your next trip to Austria.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 30 June 2014

we often look for boutique and design hotels, and this is one of our favorites. The circus theme is very well put together and it certainly helps you get on another vibe.
The staff were young and friendly, the location was unbeatable, just few minutes walk from museums and the historic center.
We found the breakfast to be expensive (especially with so many great cafes around were you can get a "local feel") but it was plentiful and good

Room Tip: the rooms facing the park have an amazing view and are quiet!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Monoculoelegante

I am happy to read that you had a great stay with us.

Our design and especially our employees are the key to a great stay.

Best regards from Vienna

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2014

What an amazing hotel this is! A true boutique hotel with a young vibe and luxury detailing - all at a budget-friendly price. Friendly staff and a roof-top bar to die for - it was just the thing to unwind at after a long day filled with multiple flights. Our room was excellent - comfy bed, plenty of natural light facing a quiet side-street and a FABULOUS bathroom. I think the bathroom was my favorite part of the room - high water pressure from the rainforest showerhead, branded accessories (Black Mambo hair dryer, iPod dock, etc). We didn't partake of the hotel breakfast, but it looked pretty good as we walked by. A short walking distance from everything - I highly recommend this hotel. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Got a room on the 1st floor, very quiet and facing a side street. Thick curtains keep out light if n...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SaffronGirl
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Room Tip: We had a room on the 1st floor, and it was super quiet at night. Any other floor should be good too...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hello maveni5m

Thank you very much for your great review.

I am happy to hear that you had a great stay with us in Vienna. I will forward your compliments to all of my staff members as they are the main factor for for happy guests.

I hope we can welcome you again soon!

Fany Holzer
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel offers you a one minute walking distance to the Museums Quartier in Vienna. Also, the rooms are wonderfully decorated, and there is a lot of thought behind the design. Finally, the breakfast served was overall excellent. However, the standard rooms are quite small. The wi fi was very problematic as it was not compatible with google chrome and the staff did not explain this when we arrived. Despite its commodities the price is expensive, so you will probably find a better deal with another hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
25hoursHotelCompany, Manager at 25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hello leon i

Thank you very much for your review.

It is great to hear that you had a great stay with us despite the problem with the wifi. We are already working with our IT company to solve this issue but it may take still some days to be completed.

I hope we can welcome you again on your next stay in Vienna.

rome
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was with my family in the 25 hours hotel in Wien in May 2014.
The hotel was very nice, wonderful breakfast, amazing garden square in front of the hotel.
BUT the desk staff (the girls) were unpolite and did not help me to solve the TOO LOUD MUSIC coming form the disco bar on the roof. They call it roof bar, I call it Disco bar.
Up to 1 am our sleeping has been damaged from the music.
The toilet coulb be cleaner.
however Wein, the Palm house, the Museums, the Bier Garten, people of wien are amazing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
25hoursHotelCompany, Manager at 25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear ondina2009

Thank you very much. I am sorry hear that your stay was not as pleasant as expected.

I will discuss your feedback with our Front Desk and Service staff to make sure that this issue no longer occurs.

I hope we can show you our good service the next time you will stay in Vienna.