“For the young at heart”

Ranked #38 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Doha, Qatar
“For the young at heart”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have been in 10+ hotels in Vienna on business trips and I found them all good and all boring. That was until I discovered the 25hours. Finally a place that's got some spirit! Some say the design is tacky but it does make you smile. And it's a welcome change from all the beige you get as a business traveller. The breakfast is very nice. The location is not bad - you can walk to a nice restaurant (Glacis Beisl) and you can even reach the Mariahilferstrasse on foot if you are not overly lazy. In the summer there is a food truck and a bier garden attached to the hotel which is just unbeatable. People at the reception are easygoing and nothing is a problem - they changed my bedding to non-feather stuff in no time. Make sure you get the Panorama Room with a full glass wall opening on the city. In short, this is a keeper.

Room Tip: Panorama Rooms with a great view of the city.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Martin J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is great. You feel like you stay in a friend's home.Easy to reach by the metro (Volkstheater) the hotel has a perfect location in proximity to the Museumsquartier and in walking distance to the historic centre with all its sights. Hotel's terrace view is excellent.

Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I was a little dubious about this place when I read about the circus theme, wondering whether it would be like sleeping in a kids bedroom but was drawn in by the positive reviews. First impressions are that you have arrived in an upmarket backpackers......young staff in casual clothes, comfy couches and lots of interesting memorabilia and signage. The staff are true stars. This is a busy hotel but they make you feel very special and go out of their way to provide a great experience. Special touches that set them apart from hotels of a similar standard are the complimentary bikes, a car that we could borrow (yes that's borrow, not hire), and the quirky biographies of senior staff where they list their favourite Vienna recommendations. Also free and well connected WiFi. The circus theme is certainly there but they somehow manage to pull this off without a cringe factor. Our room had a ringmaster painting on one wall, the most inviting bed with big fluffy duvet, rustic but tasteful fittings and a great view. The one very small matter to consider if you suffer from performance anxiety or just consider that bathroom operations should be performed in private, is the wooden shutter that allows your room mate to spy on you (if so inclined) from the bedroom into the bathroom. Maybe not all rooms have that. I've stayed in lots of hotels - usually fine but they all merge into a blur of chrome, glass, and overly stiff black and white uniformed staff. This hotel achieves high standards but has personality and it will remain in my memory. I would definitely return and will actively seek out 25hours hotels in other locations. Oh, did I mention the location of this hotel? As good as it can get!

1 Thank CAG007
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I am a repeater at the 25 Hours, I stay there at least four times per year while I'm on duty trips. The hotel per se is great, with lovely rooms, excellent breakfast and a stunning roof garden bar. It's decorated in a unique fashion and comes across as " the cool place to be". That said, I did not enjoy my most recent stay. I booked a double room for three nights. We know the city and just wanted to rest and spend time relaxing at the hotel and meeting friends in the evening. Though we had booked a package that included breakfast, we slept until late and then wanted to get room service and (of course) pay extra for that. Guess what! This 5 start hotel does not do room service but customers can order food at the restaurant downstairs and bring it upstairs themselves. Also, there is not a menu in the room and one is requested to check the menu online. We just went out and had lunch elsewhere. The following day ( a Saturday) we went downstairs at around 12 to get some food to find the restaurant closed. We have been told that we could return back at 18.00 or go to their Burger de Ville. Tired and not in the mood for walking, we opted for the second option. Described as "the perfect place to enjoy refreshments" the Burger the Ville is a van in a sloppy garden where one can get very average burgers and chips on plastic plates while surrounded by tons of baby sitters with screaming kids who are playing in the nearby playground. All of this, for "only" 38 euros. Don't get me wrong, I like this hotel but I am accustomed to higher standards when I travel to a Design Hotel. Room service, one restaurant open all day and a friendly staff is the least one can ask for. On the contrary, we had to go through the nonsense of "do you have a print out of the voucher? Otherwise I cannot give you the room". Oh yes? I prepaid the entire amount 3 months in advance, I stay here four times a year, I gave you my passport, contact details and personal data and we are still discussing about the voucher while I got NO communication whatsoever to inform me that a print out of the voucher is mandatory otherwise I'm not welcome despite having paid?! In brief: do NOT stay there if you are looking for some relax and want to be spoiled in a high quality hotel. I'm not sure if I will go back but I hope that the attention to customers is going to improve and live up to other Design Hotels standards.

1 Thank Carla C
25hoursHotelCompany, Manager at 25hours Hotel at MuseumsQuartier, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Carla C

Thank you very much for your detailed review.

I am very sorry to read that you recent stay was not as good as the times before.

Since you already knew the hotel from previous stays, you certainly are aware that we are not a 5 star hotel. We therefore do not offer the same standards as hotels in this segment e.g. 24h room service. But we offer various other services that our guests like very much as our free MINI rental.

In regards to the mentioned service quality at the reception and at the Burger de Ville, I will speak to my team to make sure we treat and servce our guests on a high standard.

You mentioned that you have been asked for a printed voucher. It is right that guests who have booked and prepaid their room with an online travel agency, need a printed voucher. This is required by the seller, otherwise we can not invoice the room correctly with them. As you booked your room the same way on your previous trips, should have known this policy.

I hope we can show you that the feedback of our guests is very important for us on your next trip to Vienna.

Best regards

Fanny Holzer
25hours Hotel Vienna
Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

They are all playful, colourful and pretty relaxed - so is the 25hours Vienna. Easy to reach by the metro (Volkstheater) the hotel has a perfect location in proximity to the Museumsquartier and in walking distance to the historic centre with all its sights.

Service is attentive, informal and helpful. The crowds are some were between 25 and 45 years of age with plenty of creatives but also businessmen are seen.

We had the XL room with a spectacular view over Vienna and a bathtub on (!!) the balcony.

The bar (Dachboden) on the top is very relaxed and we found several fancy beebop dancing couples on a Wednesday evening.
Breakfast in the restaurant is very recommendable and well worth the 17€.

Nothing negative to say really !!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank schellberg
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The decor here is a little odd but fun. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect for the Ring and all within it. Good public transport connections from the Ring connect well to the rest of the city. The museums of the Museums Quartier are on the doorstep. The rooftop bar is well worth a visit if only for the views. The room was small but comfortable, clean and with a good view. The restaurant on the ground floor served good pizza but the service was a little slow on the night we were there: in fairness they were very busy.

Room Tip: The front facing rooms have a wonderful view and are worth the little extra.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

For a hotel that tries to be different the chain makes it incredibly generic, *Nobody was mad there*. The rooms are soooo small. We stayed in room 402 it was like an attic room. The wall paper is cute and mustard paint interesting but I don't believe it is conducive to sleep. Our window had a pull down blind which had many holes in it and let in a ridiculous amount of light.
Don't eat in restaurant, had the worst SALAD (who knew you could go wrong with salad) of my life. It you do stay here go to mini wine bar and restaurant. ...highly recommend.

I feel there has to be better places in Vienna then this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Suzi T
Dear Suzi T

Thank you very much for your review.

I am very sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations during your stay.

I will discuss your feedback with my housekeeping staff and also your comment about the restaurant with our kitchen team.

I hope, we will be able to show you, how important your feedback is to us, on your next trip to Vienna. Maybe you will send me an email in before and I will personally take care during your stay: gm.wien@25hours-hotels.com.

Best regards