“Impeccable service”
Review of Grand Hotel Wien

Grand Hotel Wien
Ranked #26 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Easily one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. The lobby and reception desk are beautiful, and started our experience with a complimentary glass of Opus wine! The room was excellent and luxurious, the bathroom ornate with marble throughout, even framing the doors. The room was without a doubt the quietest of any hotel I've stayed. Once you close your door, it is as though you are in a soundproof room. Never heard another peep from the outside world. Location is perfect, within walking distance of most of Vienna's best attractions and restaurants. Finally, the concierge service was the best I've ever experienced, friendly, informative, and never seeming to tire of making arrangements for our excursions around this absolutely breath-taking city. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank eyeguyTn
Hotelfan69, General Manager at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Dear 'eyeguyTN', such a great review, nice to read that we are 'easily one the nicest hotels you ever stayed in', such comments are always very welcome and do support our daily strengths in overall performing. Thank you also for your comments on the hotel, the room, facilities, services and staff, much appreciated! Looking forward welcoming you again at the Grand Hotel Wien, best regards

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Everything is perfect in Grand Hotel Wien. When I arrived, informative and polite staff introduced my family to the room and she explained every detailed features. I felt comfortable in room. Interior is really oustanding. It follows classic style. Location is also perfect. And breakfast was great, especially Japanese cusine. I have already recommended my friends to stay at Grand Hotel Wien when they visit Vienna.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelAbroadKang

Dear 'TravelAbroadKang', great review, thank you so much, good to read that everything was perfect at the Grand Hotel Wien. Thank you also for recommending us to your friends. Looking forward wlecoming you again at the Grand Hotel Wien, best regards!

Reviewed 24 September 2011

We stayed in the renovated Superior room for eight nights in fall 2011. Originally, we were looking for the TripAdvisor's higher-rated hotels, but in the end we chose this hotel because the hotel style looked attractive to us. It turned out to be the right decision. The hotel provided us everything we wanted - elegant room, convenient location, and great services.

Room:
The renovated Superior room on the 5th floor was absolutely beautiful. It had an elegant interior, comfortable bed, and huge bathroom. We were so please to stay there, however, I'll point out two things that may be problematic for some people - the view and the room size. We knew that the Superior rooms in general face the courtyard, but we didn't know about the office building across. We requested to see a Deluxe room with the street view but decided to keep the Superior room because of its beautiful interior. Another issue is that the size of the Superior room isn't that big. For example, there is no sufficient space to put two open suitcases on the racks (I put a piece of cloth on a writing table and put my suite case there).

Location:
Location can't be better. Very convenient for exploring Vienna. Also, we really like the clean and well-stocked grocery store, Bella, adjacent to the hotel's backdoor.

Service:
The stuff members at the front desk and the concierge were professional. I was a difficult customer asking many questions and requests, and they were extremely polite, helpful, and tolerant with me (thank you, Katherine and Stefano!)

I highly recommend this hotel and hope there will be another opportunity for us to stay there again.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Takashi

Dear 'Takashi', this is a great review for which I thank you very much! I am happy to read that we offered more than you expected and would like to express my thankfulnness for the detailed comments on the room, the location and our services and staff. Thank you! Looking forward welcoming you again at the Grand Hotel Wien in the near future, I remain, wit best regards from Vienna!

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We had the pleasure of staying in this lovely hotel. From the time you book with them, their concierge, in our case Marcus, could not be more helpful and informative, taking care of all the details that otherwise bog down a vacation.

Upon arrival, you are shown personally to your room by the people in reception who make certain your room is to your liking. After that, the service is seamless, always there but never intrusive. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very much set the mood for a classically beautiful city. Even the room service is superior with prompt, polite delivery, indeed the best we have ever experienced.

Finally, but significantly, this 5 star property behaves like a 5 star property and does not nickel and dime you with ridiculous charges for things like wireless Internet.

I would stay here again. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BRNR

Dear 'BRNR', such a great review, thank you so much! I am so delighted to read that you would stay again with us and that we were able to make your stay to be a wonderful experience. Looking forward welcoming you again at the Grand Hotel Wien, I remain, with best regards from Vienna!

Reviewed 12 September 2011

The Grand Hotel Wien is honestly the best hotel I had the pleasure to stay in.

From the location, to the lobby, rooms and cafe and restaurant, everything was in great taste, luxurious.

The room I had, a suite, was huge, with elegant furniture and deluxe fittings in the bathroom.
The breakfast : AMAZING.

All the staff, from reception to concierge and doormen were of great help and very polite.

The location is unbeatable, next to the Opera, walking distance to St Stephansplatz, connected to a shopping center and a Billa store, you can even walk to Mariahilferstrasse, or take the subway to everywhere in the city as the station is maybe 100 m away.

In the last few years I had the opportunity to stay in high-end hotels around Europe and Asia, and I can honestly say that this hotel is number 1 on my list

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Montana99

Dear 'Montana99', such a great review, thank you so much!! It is always good to read that the Grand Hotel Wien is the best hotel in town. I am also happy as to your comments to the hotel in general, the breakfast, location and the staff, great!! I do hope the Grand Hotel Wien will stay on your list as No. 1 for a very long time. Looking forward welcoming you again at our hotel, I remain, with best regards from Vienna!

Reviewed 11 September 2011

Excellent staff, they were very polite and always helps you. The room were big, confortable and very clean. The restaurant is wonderful (food and service). Teh hotel is near from everywhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rita F

Dear 'RitaF', thank you so much for your review, I am delighted to hear that you liked the hotel and its facilities and that the location did meet your expectations. Looking forward welcoming you again in the near future at the Grand Hotel Wien, best regards!

Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed at the Grand Hotel during our last visit in Vienna (March 2011). I think it is one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed.
With the exception of the fact that my suitcase was transferred by mistake to another room, I can not find any other negative point in our stay.
The staff was polite and willing to serve. Indeed one of the employees was even speeking Greek!
The hotel is decorated in the old style, exudes luxury and comfort, both internally and externally.
The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated - like visiting a palace, as my wife stated; the bed is big with comfortable mattress and pillows. Of course there is free internet. Unfortunately there was no available room overlooking the road.
The breakfast included everything one could ask for and in very good quality.
Furthermore the hotel is in a fantastic location on the Ring Strasse, from where we had access to almost everywhere on foot.
The cost is reasonable for the services offered, but at the time of our visit, due to the annual radiology congress, all rooms (and hotels) were full, so the prices had risen a bit. We were asked for an additional payment of 180 Euros, in order to keep our room for a few extra hours, on the day of our departure.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Diggeo
Hotelfan69, General Manager at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

Dear 'Diggeo', thank you so much for your wonderful review, it is indeed a pleasure to read that besides the fact that your suitcase was transferred to another room there was no other negative point as to your stay. That is what we intend to achieve, besides the fact that we would like to have our guests 'feel at home' and also explore the beautiful city of Vienna. Thank you for describing your room and our service and facilities that well, it is also much appreciated. Looking forward welcoming you back at the Grand Hotel Wien in the very near future, best regards!