Grand Hotel Wien
HolidayInn.com
US$161
US$129
1,266 results
All reviewsle cielexclusive roomopera houseold worldturn down servicelobby barexcellent locationfive star hotelelegant hotela wonderful staystate operawithin easy walking distancebeautiful citypublic areasspanish riding schoollarge bathroomcoffee machine
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This hotel comes with a high price tag for a night's stay; however, it is reflective of the quality and service.

The Grand Hotel Wien is located in the center of Vienna, next to the State Opera House and is walking distance to most sites in the city. Transportation is available as soon as you exit the hotel, whether it's by taxi, tram, bus, or subway train. As we were in town for a conference, the hotel provided us with a week's subway ticket.

The staff at the Grand Hotel Wien are very pleasant. The rooms were classical in style, impeccably clean, and housekeeping stopped by every 6hrs or so to turn over the bedding.

Breakfast at the hotel was nice. I was disappointed when I found out (the hard way) that breakfast was not included in the room price. There is no way I can validate paying 30 EUR for any breakfast that isn't smothered in chocolate. Eggs of any sort had to be specially ordered. Breakfast was the only part of my stay at the hotel that wasn't fantastic. It wasn't too much of a problem though, as there is a well priced, fresh market directly under the hotel!

The hotel itself boasts rooms and bathrooms that are spacious, clean and comfortable. The only reason I didn't give the sleep quality a higher rating, is because the bed came with two twin blankets, as opposed to one large blanket. I therefore spent most of the night rolling around trying to cover my toes.

Also, all television channels are dubbed in German, with the exception of BBC News and CNN. Wifi is not free in the hotel. It costs 15 EUR a day to use the internet.

Overall, it really is a lovely hotel and I would recommend it for travelers looking for something special in the city centre.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Electricious
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was expecting a well located, classic Central European-style hotel well deserving it's name, and that's exactly what I found at the Grand. To my pleasant surprise the atmosphere was quite relaxed, everything was done in an effective, friendly manner but without that extra fuss that some higher end hotels have in their service culture. I got the feeling that they have a keen eye to meet their customers expectations, and scale things up or down accordingly. In short, a grand hotel both in style and in service. Also loved the sushi at Unkai restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aaltowave
Hotelfan1969, General Manager at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear 'aaltowave', such a wonderful review, thank you so much! I absolutely like the way you describe our level of service, friendly, polite but without that extra fuss. Also good to read that you loved the Unkai restaurant, still the best japanese restaurant in Vienna! Looking forward welcomin you again, warmest regards!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in a deluxe room. Although prices might be a little high, the quality and service are just perfect. Especially for European standards. I'm used to very good hotels in other parts of the world (mainly US and Middle-East), being very good for little money. This hotel matches this quality, although with European prices.

The service is excellent and I cannot find any flaw on this. The only two remarks I can make to this hotel were the view, which wasn't great, looking at other buildings right opposite the street. The other thing that could be better, is the internet. You do get free internet, but it is pretty slow. For a five-star hotel and its pricing, I would expect a connection with the speed that would be more accepted these days. You can buy package for higher speed internet, but would think this would be included.

All-in-all a very good hotel to which I hope to return some day.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Joris L

Dear 'JLeupen', great review, thank you so much! I liked youre comparison as to hotels in the US, which we try to match as good as we can. As to your comments on the internet, we have implemented a fully new wireless internet as of mid 2011, we see a clear increase in guest satisfaction as to the internet, so for your next visit all should be fine. Looking forward welcoming you again at the Grand Hotel Wien, best regards

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Hotel grand has a nice staff,good ambience, responsive concierge,warmth hospitality at reception & it starts right from doormen, is centrally located & equipped with what one looks for in a good hotel

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Suniltitan
Hotelfan1969, General Manager at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear 'Suniltitan', great review, thank you so much! Happy to read that we were able to match your expectations to a 100%, I am looking forward welcoming you again at the Grand Hotel Wien in the very near future, best regards!

Reviewed 2 February 2012

The grand hotel is grand and well maintained. I cannot fault the rooms, and infact the breakfast is superb. I would give it a 5 star rating however the prices we very high for not only the rooms, but for any extras, which gave me a bit of surprise as I got the bill!

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Franktravelstheworld

Dear 'Franktravelstheworld', thank you for your review, good to hear that you liked your room and the overall quality of the hotel. I do apologize that we gave you the feeling of being expensive, but for your understanding, in general all prices are according to the overall competition we have in Vienna and also according to international standards. Nevertheless I am looking forward welcoming you again at the Grand Hotel Wien. Best regards!