Grand Hotel Wien
    • Breakfast included
    • Room Service
    Excellent 5/5
    1,254 results
    All reviewsle cielexclusive roomopera houseold worldturn down servicelobby barexcellent locationfive star hotelelegant hotela wonderful staystate operawithin easy walking distancebeautiful citypublic areasspanish riding schoollarge bathroomcoffee machine
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed here for two nights with my 10 year old daughter. Check in was good, room was ok. I was told I was "upgraded," but our room was dark and dated with very little natural light. The bathroom was ok not big, but not small either. Housekeeping did a good job as I felt the room was very clean.
    When I happened to see other rooms while walking down the hall, they appeared updated and very bright. Perhaps they save these special "upgrades" for Americans, whom they seem to despise. The staff in the restaurant at breakfast was awful and rude to us. However, to others ie: British, European, or others bedsides Americans they were exceptionally friendly. I didn't quite understand the attitude and when I brought it to the attention of the front desk staff at checkout, they really didn't seem to care. That's unfortunate.

• Stayed: July 2013
    1  Thank H D
    Vanessa A, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear HD,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Wien. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.
    Regarding the service in our main restaurant I want to apologize for the inconveniences you had.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The rooms were spacious and clean. The design of the hotel and the style is so beautiful to look at. The bathroom was amazing. There's a section for everything as it's spacious and big. They had prepared the room for us as we were a honeymoon couple by setting the table with some sweets, water and a cake. We stayed for one night here and we wished if we had booked this hotel for more days. The breakfast was excellent and the hotel's location is perfect for shopping.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
    Vanessa A, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear madberna,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Wien. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Great location, excellent staff and service. We had a beautiful, spacious suite for 3 adults. Only down side, was that the 3rd bed (a cot) was quite small for a 200 lb man - not the best rest after a full day of activities in the city. For a 5 star hotel they should have provided better bed for 3rd person - even a sofa bed would have been better. Other than the cot issue this hotel is everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Vikki347,

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We paid about €220 per night for this hotel, which was a fair price. It was a fair bit cheaper than other five star hotels in the area, which was reflected in the overall experience. On the positive side, the location was great, staff were friendly, it was clean, free Nespresso-style coffee machine in the room and the decor was nice. On the negative side, the shower didnt drain so we were ankle deep in water, the concierge gave bad advice twice, no kettle and the pillows were awful. I would recommend this if you want decent value value for money but not a true extravagant 5 star experience

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Fotogrfr,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Wien. It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback.

Regarding your problem with the shower I want to apologize for the inconvenieces you had during your stay. Our engineers solved the problem already.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Great location a few minutes from Karl plaza and the Opera house every thing around you even the public transport ion in the front of the gate, the back gate open in small shopping centre where you can find a lot of shops and Billa super market. Around the hotel plenty of restaurants and cafe, the shopping area of Kertnar street just 3 minutes walk.
    I book executive room, when I arrive I was up grade to joiner suit, the hotel interior colour very bright which add fine touch, the breakfast in the 1st floor where you can face the Main Street or shopping centre the if you would like to have your morning meal and read your newspaper in quit side of the restaurant, but my wife and I we were like to set facing the Main Street and watching Vienna morning.
    Go for the Grand Wien and you won't regret it.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family