Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
1,255 results
All reviewsle cielexclusive roomopera houseold worldturn down servicelobby barexcellent locationfive star hotelelegant hotela wonderful staystate operawithin easy walking distancebeautiful citypublic areasspanish riding schoollarge bathroomcoffee machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We went to the terrasse restaurant for a short diner before going to the Musikverein which is 2 minutes walk away. The weather was not really sure and we asked to have a table inside. After several minutes waiting, we asked for the menu and where told that for hot dishes we had to go out...
We went out, took the menu and choose one burger, one chese burger and a veal liver. We where served the burgers as requested and a wienershnitzel! I informed the server who asked if I wanted to send it back. I told him that my time is tight and don't have enought time to wait more. The wienershnitzel was good (but 4 euro more expensive than the dish I ordered), but the burgers where a disaster. Instead of meat they put a mix of vegetables meat (boil?) and spices. What to say about this unles it is all excepted a burger!
Then comes the bill. When you don't have what you order, you at least expect to pay what you ordered (unless it's less expensive!). It was not the case even after insisting. It like forced sales.
I have been in a lot of restaurant over the world, from basic level to upper class, but never seen such a bad service.
I do not recommend anyone who's expecting service to spend their money here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Patrick V
Grand Hotel W, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Patrick V.,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Wien. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At the Grand Hotel Wien, one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations.Therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you had to experience at our Cafe Rosengarten.We are confident that the actions which we already have set will help us to prevent any future occurrences.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great friendly hotel. It is in the center of Vienna, right next to the State Opera House. Everything you need and you can do in Vienna is in walking distance. Super clean rooms, loved the Gerber flower in the bathroom, very charming detail. Simply, it is a hotel where everything is on the right place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank An4i

Dear An4i,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Hotel Wien. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

In the end a hotel has to be ultimately judged by the quality of the customer service and the Grand excelled in this and nothing was too much trouble. Having a large number of children we had 4 rooms and one or two rooms could have done with a little refurbishment. And the bar was closed during this period. But there were the only minor points. The room service was not only excellent but very well priced for a 5 star hotel. The Japanese restaurant was justified to our minds in claiming it was the best of its type in Vienna. And contrary to some comments, we liked the fact that the hotel adjoined a mall which had some nice boutiques and a very nice food store. Will definitely want to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John T

Dear John T. ,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Wien. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am sorry that you got the impression that your rooms you have stayed in where not on the same level.
Therefore i would like to point out that we are indeed undergoing some soft refurbishment in certain room categories. Most of these work is being done with our own technical departement. It is indeed an ongoing process during the year in order to keep everything well maintained.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had the opportunity of sharing one night in 2011 at this magnificent hotel. I have no words to describe the luxury room and bathroom also. Breakfast just excellent and we also bought of the special cake of the Original Wiener Guglhupf. It is more than a 5 stars hotel for sure and yes very expensive for luxury tastes. Very close to the center and the opera. All in all extraordinary don’t miss if you have the chance to stay here you will be charmed!

Room Tip: Front room looking at the main street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Angela G.,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I have stayed at Grand Hotel for 3 nights. It has been a wonderful experience. Great services, amazing rooms and friendly staff. The hotel is right next to the Opera and all the amazing shopping is right there :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple