“My Stay at the Holiday Inn Vienna South” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Vienna South

Hilton Garden Inn Vienna South
Ranked #154 of 367 Hotels in Vienna
“My Stay at the Holiday Inn Vienna South”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Professional and helpful staff. My first taxi could not accept my Amex because it did not have a chip. The hotel paid for my taxi and accepted my Amex. A big help!

The Room:
My room had a king size bed, 32" LCD TV, mini-bar, snacks and a complimentary bottle of water each day. Although the water here in Vienna is drinkable, I am told better than the US.
The room also had two chairs with a small round table by the window, full length mirror, hanging area for clothes, desk w/Internet, Instant Coffee, sweetner etc.

The bathroom was clean with hari dryer, towels, bath/shower combo etc.

CON:
The only thing the room did not include were toiletries such as as shampoo, conditioner, lotion etc.

OVERALL:
This Holiday Inn is very clean, professional and reasonable. The staff is accomodating, the restaurant is professional with good food and I would not hesitate to stay here again!

If you're looking for a fancy hotel with all the frills, this is not it. But if you want an inexpensive place to stay, with a professional and clean standard, this is it!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andreas_Kessling, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Vienna South, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest Jeffbar

Thank you very much for taking the time to share and post your kind comments regarding your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Vienna South.

I'm really delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your great rating. Glad to see you like our professional and helpful staff, clean as well as comfortable rooms and our good food. I do also understand your comments regarding the bad amenities, who could be ordered free of charge at reception.

We would welcome the opportunity to be your host once in the future, if your travel will bring you back to Vienna.

In the meantime I wish you and your family all the best and a great time.

Andreas Kessling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Znojmo, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed in Holiday Inn for one night as a good option where to oversleep after dinner. The hotel is good, nothing special, but it is clean and it has its standart. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good. Unfortunately there is no free wi-fi and no anemities as a body lotion, shower cap etc. in the room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ewangelle
Andreas_Kessling, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Vienna South, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest Ewangelle

Thank you very much for taking the time to share and post your comments regarding your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Vienna South.

We are really glad that you liked our excellent staff, our cleanliness and our very good breakfast. I do also understand your comments regarding the internet. The situation is a bit difficult, although I understand your point. We have a kind of lease contract with cost involved to offer that service at all. However, we offer different packages, where all these services can be booked inclusively.

I would welcome the opportunity to be your host once in the future, if your travel will bring you back to Vienna.

So far I wish you and your family all the best and a good time.

Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

The staff are friendly and helpful, the hotel is a 50 euro cab ride from the airport, the hotel can give a fixed 35 euro ride.
As a business hotel we were disappointed there was no complimentary internet in the rooms or the lobby. The in house restaurant and bar are not bad at all with good service and quality of food.
About 15 minute ride from the center of town.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Moshe L
Dear Valued Guest Moshe L

We are glad that you liked our good service and the quality of food. I do also understand your comments regarding the internet. The situation is a bit difficult, although I understand your point. We have a kind of lease contract with cost involved to offer that service at all. However, we offer different packages, where all these services can be booked inclusively. Furthermore, there is a free Lobby PC available.

So far I wish you and your family all the best and a good time.

Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I have been at this hotel many times. I can not confirm some of the bad reviews at all. In all the years I've been there I always had very friendly people at the reception which did speak German and English. Further more did I always very clean rooms and excellent service. I will always stay there when I am in Vienna.
Thank you to the staff and management for always providing a very good service.
Rainer Sch.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rainer S
Andreas_Kessling, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Vienna South, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest Rainer S

Thank you very much for taking the time to share and post your really kind comments regarding your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Vienna South.

I'm really delighted that you enjoyed your stays with us and appreciate your great rating. I'm really glad to see you like our always friendly people as well as our clean rooms and our excellent service.

We are happy to be still your host in the future, if your travel will bring you back to Vienna.

So far I wish you and your family all the best and a great time.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Very impressed by both hotel and in particular the people working in the hotel. From Jana who answered so efficiently any questions I asked and also organised a taxi at a fixed price. This hotel even has the taxies operating efficiently with taxi firm 40100 prebooked at a fixed price of €36 to hotel very late at night due to a late flight. There was no problem which for the person travelling is great. 40100 very professional and nice on the return trip also with driver really doing his best to talk to the customer. I upgraded to executive room due to work committments, room was perfect with requested shaving kits left aside also. Even though it was nearly midnight Stefan and the bar waiter kindly arranged some food (when I asked) which was very much appreciated. The people in the restaurant and operating around the workshop venue inside the hotel were very professional and genuinely just wanted to help in whatever way they could. So to the staff, a great job and well done as you are a critical component to both maintaining and providing a quality hotel which deserves above rating.

Last thing: WiFi. From a business perspective it is very important for a business traveller to access WiFi easily. The system does not instruct simply and clearly that if staying in the hotel for 2 or more days this is what you should do. Please provide a simple step by step guide on check in to everyone and make the wifi access easy, its very important in todays business world and one no one wants to wasting time on. Instead of charging access time just have it in the hotel and add on an extra €1 to €2 on everyones bill for free wi-fi or adopt a simple solution. It wasn't just me as I know other business users were having a similar problem with access and also charging particularly when staying in the hotel and also attending a workshop there.

Very best of luck, a great hotel, with cinema and restaurants just across the way as well as a Golf course.

Room Tip: Upgrade, its very good value..
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Del201
Andreas_Kessling, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Vienna South, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest Del201

I'm really glad that you liked our helpful and professional staff, which is a great motivation for our whole team. I personal will forward your commendation to Jana, Stefan and the whole bankett and bar staff.

However, I do also understand your comments regarding the internet. Regarding the handling, we will offer soon a quick guidance. The situation with the price is a bit difficult, although I understand your point. We have a kind of lease contract with cost involved to offer that service at all. However, we offer different packages, where you can book these service inclusively. Furthermore we have a Lobby PC for quick surf for free.

We all hope you will give us the opportunity to be your host once in the future, if your travel will bring you back to Vienna.

So far I wish you and your family all the best and a great winter!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel placed a little bit far from Vienna center (15 min by the tram 1)
Not expensive. Clear. Perfect breakfast. BUT there is only one bad thing about this hotel. You must pay for Internet 14 € per day.
Dear hotel it looks very strange :( Around the hotel a lot of places with free Internet but you continue take the payments for Internet.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Дмитрий Е
Andreas_Kessling, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Vienna South, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest Dmitry E

I'm glad to see you liked our stay with us and moreover and our perfect breakfast. The situation with the internet is a bit difficult, although I understand your point. We have a kind of lease contract with cost involved to offer that service at all. However, we offer different packages, where you can book these service inclusively.

We would welcome the opportunity to be your host in the future, if your travel will bring you back to Vienna.

So far I wish you and your family all the best and Merry Christmas!

Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

Hotel is in the Business Park Vienna, some way from the town centre but a 20 min bus ride (65a) to Reumansplatz from where you can take the U1 underground to Stephansplatz and the start of the shopping district. Hotel is OK, staff are friendly and efficient but rooms are pretty average. We upgraded to the exec suite at Euros29 extra per night. For that you get a few extras such as complimentary wi fi, soft drinks, bathroom gels, ironing facilities and a snack, plus a bigger room. Room was spacious and comfortable but apart from that nothing more than you'd find usually. Bathroom is what you get in Travelodge, poor water pressure (we were on 4th floor) and basic soaps. What is the highlight of the hotel is the breakfast - superb buffet standard and one of the best I've had in Germany and Austria. Overall clean, modern hotel, very convenient for the business park but otherwise average.

Room Tip: See the standard twin room before upgrading to an exec double unless you're a heavy wi fi user i...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest Steve B

I'm glad to see you liked our friendly and efficient staff, our comfortable and clean rooms and our superb breakfast. I do also understand your comments regarding the room and bad product, however, we still work on it step by step.

So far I wish you and your family all the best and Merry Christmas!