“No air conditioning”

Ranked #110 of 360 Hotels in Vienna
Prague, Czech Republic
“No air conditioning”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Nice room but over looked the karnter strasse and very noisy. We could not close the windows because of the lack of a/c.
Good location for attractions
Used 2 fans to keep the noise down but people partied till 2-3 in the morning

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barry B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Location is fantastic.large rooms and bathroom.the staff very helpful and friendly. Many restorans and cafe are in the area. My rate is 9/10. We asked them to change our room and they did it right away.the breakfast is ok. We used it once only the cost 34 € to couple is fine..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Fantastic location, very close to many sights and easily accessible by public transportation. Comfortable room. Friendly and helpful staff. Only drawback was a lot of noise from Kärtnerstrasse on Friday and Saturday nights. Too hot to keep the windows closed and no air conditioning. Probably no problem except in the summer.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face onto Kärtnerstrasse to avoid the noise of the night-time partye...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Staring with the positive aspects: the staff at the reception was friendly and the location is great. Now, here is what you need to know. The "deluxe" rooms (at least mine) are everything but deluxe. Too many little things missing and everything is very low-tech. The bathroom is big, that's true, but that's all. A lot of noise comes from outside at night. The worst thing however is the breakfast, which you expect to be something remarkable, considering also the price. Quality of the foods is mediocre and the buffet looks more like a cheap self-service than a hotel. The acoustic in the breakfast room is such, that you feel like everybody is screaming, but in fact people are just talking normally. There is only one of those mensa-like DIY coffee machines, so that there is always a long queue to get a coffee. Yes you can order a jar of coffee, but it's something that you have to discover by yourselves. My encounter with the bossy supervisor of the breakfast room was not really pleasant: I don't like it when you ask for something ("is there another room, this is too loud") and you get a question for an answer ("how many people? How many people...?). I visit Vienna three times every year, but frankly speaking, considering the cost-performance, this was the worst choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Luigi_Fino
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Summary: Amazing location, Great Rooms, Great Staff, Good Value for Money, Great Wifi, Great Bathroom, Great Bed.

The hotel was exactly in the middle of and walking distance of every site you would ever want to visit in Vienna. It is on the corner of Stephansplatz ( which is the Champs Elysees / main shopping street of Vienna); Literally a few steps away from the State Opera, St Stephen's Cathedral, the famous Cafe Sacher, and the Mozart Cafe, and the Tourist Bureau..as well as an average of a 10-30minute walk to most other touristic sites. For anything a bit further, there are two major metro-stations near the hotel (and you can buy the tokens ahead of time at this little newspaper stand/shop just behind the hotel).

My wife and I had a late night check in (around midnight) and we were very warmly welcomed (the receptionist made a joke that he was just about to "close shop"). The room was very nice with all the amenities that we wanted and would expect from a good 4star hotel (the bathroom was very spacious and clean, the wifi worked perfectly well, the room was very cozy and the bed very comfortable, and there was even more closet space than most hotel rooms).
However I would highly recommend asking for a court-side room (in oppose to a street side room) if you're looking for a little peace and quiet (we didn't sleep very well the first night as we were woken up by the garbage pickup trucks early in the morning...although the noise is really not that bad at all..but my wife and I are particularly sensitive to noise/ light sleepers). The next day, we complained about the noise and the hotel staff was very nice about it and they offered not one, but several other rooms to choose from...and we ended up with a wonderful courtside room that had a huge Gustav Klimt painting on the wall (that made my day).
The breakfast was decent, but the morning staff were so nice and welcoming that it made a great start to our days.

The receptionists were all very helpful and insightful (they gave great advise, and they can help you organize your stay, make any reservations / arrangements).
Overall, we had a wonderful stay! My wife and I would certainly stay there again if we ever visit Vienna again...and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Don't hesitate for one minute.

Room Tip: If you're sensitive to noise or are a light sleeper; I would highly recommend asking for a cour...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sadek M
Bairnsdale, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights. The room was small, that's OK. We had a tiny balcony which we could view the streets. Comfy beds & big bathroom. No tea or coffee making facilities. The breakfast spread was enormous. The staff were friendly and the building was homely.
We walked to all our destinations as we were centrally located. Great restaurants close by.
A nice place to stay. Loved Vienna!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony over looking a street. The hotel almost takes up the entire block.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Midwestern State, USA
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed in several hotels in Vienna (each many to several times) and as soon as each one is acquired by a chain or run by a management company, the price goes way up and not much changes about the hotel except something strange about the design, like suddenly the light fixtures look like bowler hats. So I tried the Astoria, which is an Austria Trend Hotel but I figured if I had no pre-Trend experiences, maybe I would not be disappointed. And I wasn't. We liked our room -- it was spacious and comfortable. I was amazed at how good the (double) windows were at blocking out sound from the street. The hotel building itself is very beautiful and classic. The location was central, with easy access to the U-Bahn, museums, restaurants etc. The breakfast room can get crowded, so I tried to get there early to enjoy the excellent breakfast buffet in a more relaxed way, and that worked well. The staff at the front desk are also very nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business