This was a nice surprise after several lacklustre stays at Mercure hotels in the past months.
The Mercure Wien Zentrum is well-located in vicinity to the city centre and main shopping streets. After parking the car it's probably best to do everything by foot or by using public transport so you can take in the sights and sounds of this lovely city.
The staff offered excellent service both during check-in and check-out. The breakfast was varied and up to the usual high Mercure standards. I did not try out the restaurant (although it looked perfectly decent) because there are enough dining options in Vienna.
The room itself was spacious and well-equipped with a watercooker/coffeemaker, a modern and comfortable bathroom with a raindance shower and a comfortable bed.
And yes, I shamelessly stole the rubber Mercure duck in the bathroom.
I can easily recommend Mercure Wien Zentrum to both business travelers and couples alike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of Vienna in the historic city centre. Not only business life of the city takes place in close neighbourhood, also cultural life pulsates all around : St.Stephans cathedral, the State Opera, the recently re-opened Albertina, Hofburg, Museums Quarter and the exclusive shopping areas are within walking distance. The hotel offers all facilities for a perfect stay and more: individual service with Viennese charm and the world famous Viennese Cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mercure Wien Zentrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Wien Zentrum Hotel Vienna
- Mercure Hotel Wien Zentrum
- Mercure Hotel Vienna