Standard chain hotel with significant shortcomings. The hotel is in two halves, 120m apart, in separate streets with two flights of steps between the two streets. Don't expect any help with hauling your luggage from one half of the hotel to the other should you check into the 'wrong' half. The bed was fine and the breakfast of a 'local' variety, but okay. Shortcomings arise in actually staying in the hotel: nothing works. During our stay the air-conditioning did not work (or was turned 'off': no one knew), the internet connection was 'iffy' at best, the television signal was poor with no international channels that worked, wardrobe space was limited and, inexplicably, the mini-safe was at floor level: a hand-and-knees job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of Vienna in the historic city centre. Not only business life of the city takes place in close neighbourhood, also cultural life pulsates all around : St.Stephans cathedral, the State Opera, the recently re-opened Albertina, Hofburg, Museums Quarter and the exclusive shopping areas are within walking distance. The hotel offers all facilities for a perfect stay and more: individual service with Viennese charm and the world famous Viennese Cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Southall Travel so you can book your Mercure Wien Zentrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Wien Zentrum Hotel Vienna
- Mercure Hotel Wien Zentrum
- Mercure Hotel Vienna