Conveniently located in order to walk to both the area around St Stephen's and the Hofburg complex. We stayed in the classic building, and it was a short walk up a set of steps from the main building (the taxi driver dropped us at the wrong place), we were warmly welcomed and an offer to carry our luggage was made to building that our room was in.
The room itself was a little tired, but the staff were fantastic and the breakfast was a great surprise (proper bacon and scrambled eggs which is unheard of in a lot of European hotels). We used the bar in the main building one evening, and the variety of Austrian wines was impressive.
This is a party area of Vienna so expect street noise late on Saturday's, however we felt completely safe no matter what time we returned to the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of Vienna in the historic city centre. Not only business life of the city takes place in close neighbourhood, also cultural life pulsates all around : St.Stephans cathedral, the State Opera, the recently re-opened Albertina, Hofburg, Museums Quarter and the exclusive shopping areas are within walking distance. The hotel offers all facilities for a perfect stay and more: individual service with Viennese charm and the world famous Viennese Cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Accorhotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Mercure Wien Zentrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Wien Zentrum Hotel Vienna
- Mercure Hotel Wien Zentrum
- Mercure Hotel Vienna