“Don't Cry Over No Milk...”

Austria Trend Parkhotel Schoenbrunn Vienna
Ranked #79 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is very nice and extremely close to the Schöenbrunn Palace (not sure if that is spelt right). We opted for the upgraded Junior Suite and yes it was a lovely and spacious looking room, but really that was what you were paying extra for, more space. Given we weren't planning on spending a lot of time in our room, we probably should have opted for a standard room.

We had a couple of minor problems such as a leaking kettle and shower stall that flooded the bathroom (just a poor design really) but what we found most strange was the room came with tea and coffee making facilities but no milk supplied. When we range reception to ask if we could have some milk as none was in our room we were told to go get it from the restaurant ourselves otherwise we would be charged a room service fee.. I felt for what we had paid for this room someone could have brought us some milk! In fact for what we paid to stay in the Junior Suite, they should have been bending over backwards to please us. We also thought that €18 to press a suit was a bit rich. I could buy an iron at the shop down the street for €13!

Room Tip: Unless you plan on staying in your room the entire time and not getting out to enjoy Vienna, just ta...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Auzie99

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed at the Parkhotel Schoenbrunn on a recent trip through Europe and thought it was wonderful. The rooms were very clean, well appointed, and very quiet. This is a very old hotel with an interesting history however it has been refurbished and is certainly up to today's standards.

We chose this hotel given its proximity to the Palace, proximity to the underground, proximity to the train station, and the price.

This is a very old hotel however it has be refurbished is now a grand old hotel.

The palace was on our list of must do things in Vienna so it was nice to be able to get up and walk ten minutes to the palace. We spent the better part of the day at the palace so it was equally nice to be that close to the hotel when we were done.

We purchased a 72 hour pass for the underground and made numerous trips to and from the hotel to the downtown area to see attractions there. The downtown area was a mere 10 minutes away so it was hardly and inconvenience. Certainly when you compare the price of this hotel to hotels located in the center there is a lot of value there.

The only reason I did not provide 5 stars was we were unable to get the internet to work in our room. Not much fun heading to the lobby to download etc. They said they were working on it but it was not fixed in time for us.

Would have no hesitation recommending this hotel and would very definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very old hotel, completely redone and beautiful. The hotel is centrally located and we were able to walk pretty much where ever we needed to go. Shops, restaurants and sightseeing all within walking distance. The only negative was the A/C had not been turned on yet and it was warm in the room. The windows did open, however there were no screens on the windows.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank baldharv
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel is very nice and well organised. My room in the main structure was very nice: vast and very comfy. Catering of the hotel is also above average. Reception personnel is helpful but level of service varies depending on whom you find.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hotel is opposite the Schoenbrunn park and palace. I stayed there for one night, and I need to admit that the location is great, you can visit: gardens, park, palace and zoo on foot.
I had standard double room, with common view on 3 floor. Room was ok, but very modest, with very small bathroom. If you are going to stay longer I would recommend to ask for bigger one. I had lunch and dinner in hotel's restaurant and I was satisfied with taste, variety and prices. They have very good soups, and of course vienner schnitzel. Breakfast at this hotel was the best I ever had during my business trips. I am sure everyone may find there something approptiate. Also it was possible to have a glass of champagne. The services were ok, and I woukd give to this hotel very good note, but they charged me for two breakfast, and as I was in hurry I have noticed that at home. Unfortunately hotel was not able to payback money, and I havn't received any apologies. I have contacted hotel after my return, but the only feedback was that I should have check my bill before I left..
I would like to share important hint, if you are going back to airport on Friday's afternoon please book at least 1 hour by taxi due to trafics.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed for two working days at the Austria Trend Parkhotel Schönbrunn.
The hotel is just next to beautiful garden of Schönbrunn palace.
The hotel service was very pleasant.
Great breakfast buffet.
I was in a comfortable room with minibar and safe. My recommends to all, is is very nice hotel.

Room Tip: I had very quiet room with view to the garden on opposite side of the street. It was nice to hear bi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We loved our stay at the Parkhotel not only because it was right across the Schoenbrunn Palace and the nice sorroundings. The *building* is beautiful, reminding other times and ways of life. There are awesome crystal spyders and chandeliers. The room was comfortable, great breakfast buffet, free wifi, and a very efficient staff. There is also a cafeteria to sip a good coffee accompanied by a Sacher Torten or an Apffel Strudel ;) For those that prefer to stay at the city center, avoid this hotel far from downtown (there´s a metro station very near though).... We didn´t mind and would gladly come back :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends