“Average Hotel, very nice breakfast”
Review of Hotel Nestroy

Hotel Nestroy
Ranked #181 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hotel, just a few blocks away from the real Vienna center, is situated in an old residential Quater between the city center and The Prater. For tourists there is nothing to see or do in this Quater. A walk from the hotel towards the city center is about 15 minutes. Make sure you get a room on the "hotel side". Across the street Nestroy also offers rooms, but they are really outdated. We managed to get ourselves a room swap without any problems, despite the hotel was almost fully booked. Breakfast is very good and you can enjoy it until 10:30 pm. Summary: just a nice hotel, not the most modern rooms but without any real high demands this hotel offers you a good value for money.

1  Thank PaulKerkhof

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The hotel is clean, good sized rooms, comfy bed and great location. Add a great and polite service and you can't go wrong. will definitely stay again when passing through Vienna.

...and if you stay there - the little bar next door is pretty good too!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here three nights. The room was comfortable, especially for the bed and heating. In the bath we didn't find shampoo or bath shower,only soap from a dispenser. We had every day some tea and coffee free of charge with a kettler
I would return!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
beiwzd, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Nestroy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear value guest,

Thank you for your great review here on tripadvisor. It was a pleasure having you as our guests.
I am glad to hear, that you felt comfortabel enough with your room and it’s amenities. I regret the missing soap – generally all of our rooms are equipped with feel-well-soap-products for the convenience of our guests.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to see you back again soon.

Best regards

Daniel Zwieb
Assistant General Manager
Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I recently spent 12 days at the Hotel Nestroy. I found the staff to be friendly and service -oriented! It's in a great location in a quiet neighborhood and within a few minutes walk from two UBhan stations which can take you to any parts of the city quickly and efficiently.
My room was a quiet spot overlooking the courtyard. Clean and comfortable. While I enjoyed my stay I do not think the Hotel Nestroy is 4 Stars. They seem to be riding on the reputation of the Imlauer Hotel which oddly enough, is in the same building! This seems to be a problem with European hotels that get better ratings than they deserve but then maybe my expectations were too high.
The breakfast was substantial but varied very little (but then I was there for longer than most people stay.) Also, it's better to have the instant coffee that is available in the room as it better than the coffee served in the breakfast room (which I also found surprising because Vienna is well known for their coffee culture.) Nevertheless, I would recommend the Nestroy for anyone traveling to Vienna for a short stay.

Room Tip: If you ask for a room upgrade it is E50 per night and breakfast is included. Expensive, yes, but we...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Adventurer707
imlauer, Manager at Hotel Nestroy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear value guest,
Thank you for your stay with us and thank you for your feedback here on Tripadvisor.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and our good location – positive feedback is always very much apprechiated 
I am sorry, that you felt not as comfortable with us. Please be assured, that we are constantly improving our standards as well as our quality in order to give our guests a much ejoyable stay.
Hotel Nestroy Wien shares the public areas with Hotel Imlauer Wien – all our public areas including lobbby, reception, sauna&fitness, breakfast room as well as bar&lounge are freshly renovated for the convenience of our guests.
Our buffet-breakfast consist of a huge varity of different hot and cold specialities with a huge varity. Our coffee comes from a well known austrian coffee company, we are offering the same brand in the guest rooms as well as in the breakfast room – most of our guests really appreciate the good quality of this coffee.

However, I hope to see you back again at any time,

best regards
Gerald Wlcek
Hotels IMLAUER&Nestroy Wien

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Spent a long weekend in Vienna and were looking for a nice hotel not too far from the city centre. Hotel has obviously been refurbished. Nice entrance and dining area. Rooms not quite the same standard. Sinks made from plastic with a burn mark from a cigarette in a non-smoking room. Too expensive. 340 € for two people incl. breakfast in a double bed room is overstated. Free WIFI, Hot Water Maker with Coffee and Teabags in the room. Restaurants and Grocery Shops near by.

Room Tip: Rooms to the inside are more quiet. Dining Room Roof reaches up to 3rd floor
1  Thank BD_German
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a 3 night weekend break. We found that it was within walking distance of the sights we wanted to see. The hotel was clean and the room we had was quiet.
The staff were friendly and very helpful. We did spend some time in the bar and found it to be a pleasant and relaxing place to be, the lights in the bar are great!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Really loved everything about this hotel. The location was superb, a block away from both the U1 and U2, both brought me in minutes to city center, really to everywhere I wanted to go. Ease and proximity to city center are high priorities for me.
I saw previous posts that were unhappy with the "green building across the street", which were not as pictured. I stayed at the green building, and really, it was just wonderful. Yes, the big ugly hutch is ugly. and the TV is super small, but I don't come to Vienna to watch TV (even though its nice at times) and get over the ugly hutch. The rest of the place is great. Heated towel racks, make-up mirrors (small thing, but ranks up there for me as a thoughtful amenity!). An amazing price for comfort and proximity to the city center. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo