“BASIC”

and 1 more site!
Airo Tower Hotel
Ranked #330 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Very basic hotel, no air conditioning (which was badly needed as the weather was very hot) . We found the staff to be unhelpful and unfriendly, not one smiled.Very bare minimum selection for breakfast and the evening meals where terrible, with no selection. One of the worst hotels we have ever stayed in. - not to be recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Airo Tower Hotel

Reviewed 30 April 2013

We stayed at Airo Tower Hotel for 2 nights in April 2013. We were 3 ppl.

Room: small but modern enough. Decent sleep quality. No free internet available in the room.

Hotel: Not a bad hotel. We would have appreciated a bit better sound isolation. You could easily hear the ppl in the corridor. At night it was quite calm though.

Food: We only ate breakfast so cannot comment about the rest but the breakfast was very basic and nothing special: 2 - 3 kinds of cheese, cakes, yoghurt, musli, etc. I think it is a pity that they dont serve any wiener croissant or so.

Location: the hotel is a bit out of town however it is very convenient to get to the city centre with the public transportation. It The hotel is right next to the tram which will connect you to the metro. With the metro you can easily reach the city centre. It took half an hour from the hotel to the city centre with public transport. The public transport is not extremely cheap. However could be interesting to stay there if you stay in Vienna for 3 days or more and get a 72h city card.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CERROMERRO
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I returned to Airo tower with Apprehension: it had been 6 years or so since I was last there, and things change: but lo, all was as I remember, except the bar has been made-over: I rather liked the 1980s mahogany-and glass theme, but I guess you haveto move with the times. Anyway, if you're looging for affordable comfort in Wien, you could do a lot worse. It's 150 metres from the sublime Therme at Oberlaa - €15 for three hours of watery, sulphurous, salty bliss - never mind the saunas and the hairdo and the Fusspflege and the... you get the idea. A morning spent here will set you up for seversl days' high-intensity citifying - and Wienna needs that. Despite appearances, it's not far from the centre. The 67 tram terminus sits outside the baths, about 25 minutes ti Reumannplatz, and the U1 to Stephansplatz. Bingo! I'll tell you about Vienna another day...
but the hotel is fine: decent breakfast, well-appinted rooms, coutreous staff - and Blago is still behind the bar after all these years. Only some things change, thankfully.(I'm a bit of a conservative, I know!). Gerry Murphy

Room Tip: All rooms face outwards, so you'll have a view whever you are. If, however, the sound of trains...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I've been in this hotel in the past and liked but now I remained with a bitter taste. On arrival in Vienna we stayed in a room on the 14th floor deplorable, it was cold and pouring water on windows. They have washed the shame on our return back home when they gave us another room on the 12th floor totally different in better than the first time. I don't think I will choose them next time.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We have visited Viena for New Year and we have stayed at Airo Tower Hotel for 6 days. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are very spacious and renovated, cleaning is made every day! Wi-fi only in the lobby, breakfast it's ok but you get every day the same thing. In front of the hotel is the tram station and will take you to the metro station in 8 -10 minute, from the metro station until the city center are another 6-8 minutes- so in 15-20 minutes you can get to the city center. So I will certainly reccommend this hotel for the good price and conditions of a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anda1608
Reviewed 15 January 2013

The hotel is situated next to Therme Wien which is one of the most interesting aqua park I have seen and next to Oberlaa park, which I believe it must be full of green during the summer time. It could seem very far from the historical center of Wien but it is not so because with one tram ( 9-10 stations till Reumanplatz) and with an underground train ( five stations) one can arrive at Stephan Dom in about one half an hour.
The hotel has 13 floors, has 3 elevators large enough to carry all the luggage, that could seem old but I liked them though.
The rooms are very large with interesting views on each side of the hotel ( we stayed in 2 rooms because in the first one the shower was broken and they changed us the room).
The hotel is not very new but I think there are rooms that are renovated. However, even if the furniture is not so new it is in good shape. I was afraid reading others reviews that it would be cold at top floors but in either rooms where we stayed the heating worked properly ( and we stayed at 12th and 11th floor where it is said that the heating does not function properly). We had internet access at fast speed either in the room and in the lobby.
The breakfast was not so varied but we are not much of eaters and for us the food sufficed.
The restaurant was clean and the waiters very kind and I think one could find what he wants even in not so varied breakfast types. However if I have to say something not so good about the breakfast then I will criticize the coffe which I did not liked but I chose to drink tea instead which was very varied in types and very good.
The personnel from the reception was more than kind with us and fulfilled all of our needs and the cleaning team was a bit slow ( in one day they cleaned the room late in the evening when we returned from our trip in the city). The hotel is well situated for those who like us want to ski at ski resort Semmering because one can easier go there from the hotel location. So I will certainly reccommend this hotel. We will probably to go there the next winter too.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This hotel was the accomodation for one night of a Topdeck tour. It was clean and tidy, with good sized, quiet rooms and a decent breakfast. It was a long way on public transport from the centre of Vienna though, so keep this in mind if you have limited time or don't like long tram rides. The Therme Wien hotpools are very close however.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kiwi-touring
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vienna
ibis Vienna Airport
Primus Hotel & Apartments
Primus Hotel & Apartments
#20 of 115 in Vienna
Star Inn Hotel Wien Schonbrunn, by Comfort

Been to Airo Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!