This is one of about five hotels owned and run by the Schick family. It shows the attention of an owner run facility. It bills itself as a four star but it would not be such in the USA. It has no restaurant, no real bar (just an area that sort of looks like a bar with countertop, bottles, and glasses but never staffed by a barkeep.) OTOH, there is a lovely "wintergarden" that houses the morning breakfast, which is very extensive. Scrambled and hardboiled eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, multiple cereals and yogurts, multiple bread and roll offerings (from sweet to croissant to french bread to ....). Juice, tea, coffee, tomato and mozzarella, sandwich meat and multiple cheeses.
I stayed for five days in a single room - the least expensive. It is postage stamp size but incredibly well laid out so I did not feel really cramped and a great price. Multiple lights - it is better lit than most hotels that are far more expensive. Free wireless internet, quiet (I faced the wintergarten not the street), very nice, helpful and friendly staff. Certainly one of the best things about it is that is is about a block's walk from the subway (Schwedenplatz) - which is easily accessed b yexpress train from the airport or subway from the train station. There is a market just next door and lots of cheap food at the subway stop. Easy walk to multiple tourist attractions. And a gorgeous Sofitel just around the corner that MUST be visited for the amazing garden wall behind its restaurant. Very safe feeling - I was out at night by myself and no worries walking home from subway stop. I would return here in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The name already reveals much about the smart Hotel City Central’s advantages. The central location near the 1st District, the historic centre of Vienna, coupled with the employees’ typical Viennese charm and a perfect price-performance ratio, distinguish this hotel. Behind the stylish facade, guests find a perfect refuge for their stay in Vienna. 58 rooms and three individual apartments in a nearby building are all convincing thanks to modern comforts such as air conditioning, FLAT TV with Sky programs, and WLAN (free of charge). A special attraction is the Winter Garden with its pyramid-shaped glass roof where a rich and varied breakfast is served. Covered parking spaces are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel City Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Appartements City Central
- Appartements City Central Hotel
- Best Western Vienna