“Excellent Value Great Hotel”

Austria Trend Hotel Anatol Wien
Ranked #85 of 362 Hotels in Vienna
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent Value Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is in a good location just off the main drag of shops has everything you need just a short walk away. We had a fantastic room and bathroom that was clean and spacious, it had a dining area as well so it was nice to be able to catch up with some friends in our room. It nice to be able to watch some tv on the couch not the bed for once :) The hotel staff were friendly and helpful I highly reccommed this Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Anatol, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Austria Trend Hotel Anatol Wien, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Chelsea, many thanks for choosing Austria Trend Hotel Anatol for your stay in Vienna! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay together with your friends in our hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you again! Kind regards to Australia!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Nice place for a reasonable price. A little out of the way but close to the tram which takes you anywhere you want to go. Good breakfast. Could be crowded at times. Staff was nice enough. No restaurants, especially with late kitchens in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel_Anatol, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Austria Trend Hotel Anatol Wien, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear guest, thank you for choosing Austria Trend Hotel Anatol during your stay in Vienna! We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us. We already today looking forward to welcoming you soon back in Vienna! Best regards.
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here for three nights. It was very comfortable accommodation and spotlessly clean. Staff were helpful and knowledgable. The Old Town "ring" area is very walkable from here, and the Metro is amazing; efficient and safe. Would certainly stay at this hotel agin if in Vienna.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Doug, many thanks for booking Austria Trend Hotel Anatol. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you very much for your positive feedback about our services and out team. We hope that you will be our guest again during your next visit to Vienna!. Kind regards. Anatol Team
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

First, let me be honest: When I arrived in Vienna from Budapest, I was quite ill. I had entirely lost my voice and had little patience after a day of solo travel by train, after which I managed to get lost on a hot day, carrying my too heavy bag in search of Hotel Anatol. My experience in Vienna could have been better, but it was colored by this fact: I was sick with an awful cold and failed to do my homework (I should have studied the Vienna U-bahn better before my arrival--it is clean, fast, and efficient--USE IT, especially if you failed to pack proper walking shoes like I apparently did!).

Hotel Anatol is in a top-notch location if your goal is to go shopping. I was only in Vienna for a Sunday and half of a Saturday. On Saturday, Mariahilfer Strasse was a madhouse--packed with slow-moving people walking the length of the street and stopping in and out of the same big-name stores I am familiar with in Chicago.

On Sunday, though, the streets were quiet except for a few people here and there out for a stroll with their coffees. It was beautiful and still. Yet my throat was killing me, and I needed cough drops--hustenbonbons!--ASAP on a day when all the shops appeared to be closed. Thankfully, the receptionist at Hotel Anatol (whose name I have unfortunately forgotten) patiently searched the Web on my behalf to find one of the local pharmacies that was open on a Sunday. It turned out to be very close to the hotel, so there I went, buzzed, and was greeted by the pharmacist or storekeeper through a speakeasy-style window. "Hustenbonbons, bitte," I croaked, and then I was set for a day of viewing art at nearby Museumsquartier.

The breakfast at Anatol is a bit overhyped, in my opinion. For my purposes, though, it was convenient. It is tasty enough and organic. I appreciated the little pots of tea to soothe my poor throat. If you do not need a big breakfast, however, you can surely find a better deal elsewhere; the cost of breakfast at Anatol was not included with the cost of my room.

The bathroom in my room had quite a small footprint, yet it did not feel cramped--the choice of furnishings, etc., was rather ingenious. Every bit of space serves a purpose. My bathroom had a little shower. If you need proper shampoo and conditioner, bring your own, because the bathroom has soap dispensers that are intended for you to use for hands, body, and hair.

If I return to Vienna (which I hope to do--ideally when I am not again sick with a cold!), I would certainly consider Anatol because of its relative value. Also, it is very close to Hauptbahnhof. I had no need for a taxi. And even though I dopily had not studied the U-bahn system, I figured out how to take the U-bahn from Stephansplatz to Anatol rather on the spur of the moment when it started raining and my feet had grown too sore from my poor choice of footwear.

Be sure to check out the Leopold Museum for Egon Schiele! If I have a larger budget next time I go to Vienna, however, I would first check to find hotels even closer to the Ringstrasse--I would rather be mere steps from the art museums, opera house, and good cafes than the shopping. Realistically, I'll be at Anatol again, which is fine, too.

Room Tip: There was no problem with my room--it is simply no frills. Once you close the window, you can get a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MEtheChitownWriter
Dear guest, many thanks for your stay at Austria Trend Hotel Anatol! Hopefully you feeling better now?! We are very happy that we could help you to enjoy Vienna a little bit. Thank you for your detailed feedback to our hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon back in Vienna and hopefully your next stay will be better and you will be not sick! Sunny Greatings from Vienna. Kind regards yours Anatol Team
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

The best thing about this hotel is its location, which is very close to shopping and public transportation, as other reviewers have said. The hotel was very clean, and our room was very spacious. The bed was comfortable enough, and the room was quiet. Our complaint was that breakfast was not included in our booking and would have been an extra charge per person each morning. Luckily for us, the great thing about Vienna is all of the bakeries everywhere! There was a Billa and a smaller Bakery right down the street on the way to the U-Bahn with great choices and take-away coffee for a great price. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Anatol, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Austria Trend Hotel Anatol Wien, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Kemedilo, first of all, thank you for your stay at Austria Trend Hotel Anatol. We are very happy that you enjoyed our Austrian hospitality and our rooms and guest service. Next time please choose our breakfast it is just a price of € 9,90 per person, but you will see it is great! There you will find fresh Austrian products, tea, café and müsli from the Austrian Bio farmer from the company Sonnentor especially produce for our hotels. We are looking forward to welcoming you back! Kind regards
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stay three nights and the hotel was good, not very good but good enough.
Is very clean hotel, the towels are change it only if you hang on the door the sign...
The breakfast was very ok, and a good variety, not very much but enough. The staff is very pleasant and help you in any problem with competence.
We like it.

Room Tip: Rooms with 8, 9 and 10 are in the backyard, and are quiet rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Anatol, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Austria Trend Hotel Anatol Wien, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear edimitrie,
thank you very much for being our guest at Austria Trend Hotel Anatol. We are very happy that you enjoyed our Austrian hospitality and our guest service, as this is one of our most important assets.
We are indeed sorry that we didn't change your towels, this is normally not our service at the etage, may there was a misunderstanding. We hope to welcome you at our hotel again! Kind regards to Romania!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

1. Great location
It's close to the public transport (U-Bahn)
Very short walk to main street shopping district.
Close to tourist attractions - museums, art galleries etc

2. Hotel quality
Very clean and comfortable.

3. Service
I cannot brag enough with the helps given by Viktoria the trainee receptionist. She helped us to book train tickets for our next stop. Given everything was in German, she took her time to explain everything to us.
Upon check-out, Dominic ensured everything was alright and offered to call a taxi. I know this is not a big deal for some travellers, however, a small courteous gesture like this did brighten up our day.

Thank you for an amazing stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pharmerfoo
Dear Naguib,
thank you very much for choosing Austria Trend Hotel Anatol during your stay in Vienna and also for your time to write us your feedback! We are very happy that you enjoyed our Austrian hospitality and our guest service, as this is one of our most important assets. We hope to welcome you at our hotel soon during your next Vienna visit! Kind regards to Kairo!