This hotel is ideally situated - it is very close to a Metro Station. It is in a side street (you enter through a strange and rather unwelcoming door!!) You manage your own luggage - be warned the lift is compact!!
The rooms are small, functional but clean. Housekeeping staff are very efficient. (Very efficient. We took a travel kettle and immediately we received a printed letter instructing us not to use it - because of health and safety reasons. So, if you take a kettle - keep it hidden!!)
The staff on the Reception desk are vey helpful, the breakfast Staff are grudgingly helpful and the Barman is extremely rude.
On the subject of the Bar I will say this. I have never been treated so rudely in any hotel I have stayed in. Sadly this would put me off coming here again. We walked into this dark gloomy bar for a drink. First of all, we were told in a pre-emptory tone that 'You can't sit there, those seats are reserved!' We asked for two beers and were informed in no uncertain terms, that 'this is an American Cocktail Bar, we don't do beer'.' (I have been to Cocktail bars in America - this was nothing like them. For a start the barman are very welcoming, pleasant and helpful. Not like this chap. I work in an Hotel in England and I doubt if this barman - with his rude, objectionable and overbearing attitude would have lasted a week. The bar stank from cigarette smoke. The three punters in the otherwise empty bar were all smoking. The drinks were over priced. (9 euros for a small shot to 200 euros plus for a shot of Louis Trieze Brandy.) Give it a miss there are plenty of other bars in the main street - with a great atmosphere, pleasant barman
The hotel is, otherwise, ideally situated. Two stops from the centre of Vienna.
The breakfast is quite adequate.
Stay here if you on a 'City Break' but go to Spar or Aldi for drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are pleased to present the rich in traditon Boutique Hotel Fürst Metternich in hostoric splendor as an individual, family run boutique hotelTradition & FlairThe Hotel Fürst Metternich offers its guests the unique flair of Vienna at the turn of the 19th to the 20th century. The building in the style of the German Neo-Renaissance was built in 1896 and is embedded in a row of houses with typical Viennese character. A special highlight is the preferred downtown location in a quiet side street of the shopping boulevard “Mariahilfer Straße“. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fastbooking, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Fuerst Metternich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Austrotel Fuerst Metternich Vienna
- Austrotel Fuerst Metternich Hotel Vienna