“Cute and clean”

Hotel am Brillantengrund
Ranked #3 of 117 Vienna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Simple accommodations in a residential, non-touristy neighborhood. Cute courtyard and reading room, adequate breakfast, helpful staff, reasonable rates, 20 min to city center via subway or tram. There are two reasons I didn't give 5 stars. First, very flimsy and transparent curtains which ensure you wake up at the break of dawn, and second, no bath towels provided, only hand towels.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Louie_Chicago_123

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at this bed and breakfast property 9/4/13 to 9/6/13. This is a very clean property and the rooms are excellent and very large. Great selection for breakfast. The courtyard is wonderful and there is a bar opened in the evenings for guests to have a drink and unwind. It is located about 15 minutes walk from the Wien Westbahnhof train station. It's in a great location and trams are nearby to take you wherever you may need to travel to. The hotel staff was friendly, very helpful with directions and answering our questions. The neighborhood was safe and we did not experience any problems being out late at night. Excellent bars and restaurants in the area. The people of Vienna were friendly and eager to help if needed. Great value for the money at this property. We would stay here again.

Paul and Sue Navarette
Flower Mound, Texas

Room Tip: Excellent Value and great location.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul N
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay there. We felt the breakfast was exceptional- three types of eggs,sausage,bacon,tomatoes,cucumbers,cereal and great bread. Our room was clean and bigger than other European rooms we have stayed in. We arrived by plane, took the CAT to central city, then U3 to Volkstheater and then route 49 to within 2 blocks of hotel. After a couple of long walk days, it was nice to wake up to such a nice breakfast. Staff were also friendly and helpful especially if you have questions.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JLZMcFarland
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Good value to money, location a bit far from center, Very good breakfast, rooms are nice and clean. When we visit the hotel parking was closed for construction and we park about 500 m away paying 12 euros per day

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Gil Y
Reviewed 1 September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My sister & I just returned from a 2 week stay here. She had been to Vienna 4 years ago and had stayed here as well. Staff was very, very helpful in doing sightseeing trips or just info that maybe only a local would know! Room was very clean and hotel very well kept. Food good not great but, i did not go to Vienna to eat at the hotel. Great breakfast to get you going for the day until you can get a wurst from a street vendor or schnitzel at a nice restaurant! No air condition you might say? Well look around. We counted 3 window units in apartments around the city that we saw. It just does not get that hot in Vienna usually. I would suggest for the hotel to maybe have some bigger fans available for just such an exception. As "spoiled americans" in a foreign city, we may need to be a little more flexible. We made it thru the record heat (105 degrees) on 8.8.13 while sightseeing at Schloss Esterhazy and Schloss Hof. We thought getting out of the city may be a little cooler. Loved the location of the hotel! Great chance to see the not so touristy side of Vienna but still be close enough to see the sights. I will definitely stay here again when I go back!

Room Tip: End of the hall rooms have less traffic at night if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel last year in September. I did not like it at all, contrary to what others are saying. Sorry to disagree. I stayed in a single bed room on the upper level. The room had no air conditioning. It was so hot and uncomfortable, I could hardly breathe in there. You can hear others all the time. And when you come home late, I felt like I had to sneek in. The small lift was not working on day one, so I had to drag my luggage upstairs on my own. The Cleaning person barely cleaned the room. My sink was supposedly cleaned one day, however not very well. The pillow was not touched, all she did was pick up the quilt and fold it in half and put it on my bed. She did not even replace the soap which was nearly all used up. I was only given one soap for bathroom sink and shower which I thought was not very good. I mean it was cheap but surely they could afford two small guest soaps. You were provided with the bare essentials and I mean bare! The lady at reception got frustrated with me when I asked for help with the computer which is ancient and very problematic. And when I experienced more problems there was nobody at reception. I felt like an intruder here. They were not very friendly at all. In about a 3 day stay I met 3 different receptionist and not one I would say was very welcoming. The young girl was helpful one day giving me very clear instructions to get somewhere though. There was a problem when I put my jewellery into reception for safe keeping at reception (to this same young girl) and when I went to ask for some of my jewellery the next day, there was a different person at reception who said quite angrily that the person had not put my stuff away properly, then she brought out a security box and asked me to enclose my jewellery and gave me the key. This certainly seemed more appropriate as the young girl had only put it into an envelope (unbeknown to me until this time). Anyway overall, it was poor on my visit and other than price and location I would not recommend it. Sorry guys.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo